Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2023, 08:19 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And it's illegal to cling to your own personal opinions?

Another childish bit of silliness in the indictment was 8. c.

Co-Conspirator 3, an attorney whose unfounded claims of election fraud the Defendant privately acknowledged to others sounded "crazy." Nonetheless, the Defendant embraced and publicly amplified Co-Conspirator 3's disinformation.

We need to despise this person, cuz he failed to win a case about election fraud. Would this paragraph of the indictment even be included if his claims were "founded?" Oh and even Trump said he sounded "crazy," so neener-neener-boo-boo. LOL This was like a flashback from the movie Mean Girls where one of the girls would attempt to be serious as she described why so-and-so should be kicked from the group, cuz even other girls said "she sounded crazy."

Or am I reading the wrong indictment??

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...8149.1.0_1.pdf
Same document. #3 is Sydney Powell.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:20 PM

8,360 posts, read 6,449,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Come on now. Bill Barr told him flat out that his accusations were ridiculous. They looked into the so called election fraud and couldn't find anything. The only ones pushing that election nonsense were the lunatics like Rudy and Sidney Powell. Just go ahead and re-read the transcript of the call to Rafensberger. He told him multiple times that his info was bad yet Trump still wanted the election overturned.
Electiom fraud, Democrats couldn't find aything.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:26 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I thought this indictment would reveal the smoking gun, something new. That’s what was reported beforehand by state media. Instead it’s nothing but a rehash of old news.
Conveniently timed.
Biden’s crime family international influence enrichment MO is being revealed so Quick!! Look over here!! Trump Trump Trump!!
The country is draining down the nationwide sewer system.
I pity anyone who refuses to see.
Instead, some people think it’s more important to worry about who’s being laughed at and who isn’t.
Good luck.
This is why the Jan 6 hearings were so important. Even though the republicans refused to impeach over Jan 6 there was a tremendous amount of information gathered. Jack Smith took it to the next level interviewing hundreds of witnesses.

Blame Trump for dragging the nation into this embarrassing moment.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:26 PM

30,480 posts, read 19,236,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Military takes an oath to the constitution not to the President they will ignore any illegal orders.
Now that Democrats have weaponized the government against internal rivals, you can't object if Republicans do the same.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:32 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Now that Democrats have weaponized the government against internal rivals, you can't object if Republicans do the same.
Using the court system and grand juries is now weaponizing?

What exactly is stopping the republicans from doing the same, my guess is facts.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
So the new standard in the us, anyone who brings a suit and loses, just committed a criminal act.
The courts thought so little of the bogus lawsuits wasting their time that Lin Wood, Sydney Powell, Jenna Ellis, and Rudy Giuliani are no longer practicing law.

Bringing a lawsuit is fine. BS is not.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
He knew and so did his buddy Steve Bannon

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...jan-6-1381848/
All of this will be revisited in the superseding indictment addressing Seditious Conspiracy.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:39 PM

7,963 posts, read 9,178,221 times
Judge Chutkan apparently worked at the same law firm with Hunter Biden

https://nypost.com/2023/08/01/judge-...jan-6-rioters/

Gee that is great optics yet again. Worked with the son of the guy who benefits the most from a harsh verdict. No possible conflict there lol.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Lmao

Go look at his statement on twitter and tell me how much support he has.

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/statu...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

Half the posts are calling him Judas.
Pence is a Republican Mike Dukakis. Both of them were total wimps who couldn’t get arrested, much less elected. He needs to take his spineless ass back to Indiana and stay there.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:43 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,661,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I’ve read it. It’s as watertight as a duck’s ass and full of charges that are easy to prove in court. I’m all in favor of it.
I think what stands out to me in the indictment is that it contains so many of Trump's own words continuing to publicly tell his followers that there was election fraud immediately after he was repeatedly being told by people whom he himself appointed that they couldn't find any evidence of election fraud and that the election couldn't be overturned in the way he wanted it to be (and was telling his followers it could be).

I can see why so many people believed him and were willing to attack the Capital for him. He's a skilled communicator --- as long as you don't look too closely at the lack of facts in his words. I know I fell for it myself in the beginning.

But in the end, Trump is always his own worst enemy. His own words always catch up to him.

Again, I don't know how this will play out in court. It saddens me to see people here (and elsewhere) talking about standing on their front porches with guns for Trump or suggest the military will overthrow the government for Trump. I guess for some people nothing was learned from the events of January 6th.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-01-2023 at 09:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies