Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 10:45 AM

172 posts, read 123,067 times

Advertisements

The mayor of NYC Eric Adams accused Republicans of being critical to "reform". Reform meaning taxpayers from all the other 49 states paying for NYC migrants

President Biden is proposing a massive bailout to NYC for migrant costs.

President Joe Biden is proposing a sweeping spending package which would pay for the migrants luxurious hotels in NYC and many other amenties with federal taxpayer dollars.

He is planning on sneaking the massive federal payout to NYC in a variety of different bills,

https://pix11.com/news/local-news/fe...-finally-come/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...g-point-report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 10:59 AM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times
How much has Biden paid various cities in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California for the costs they have had to pay for the MILLIONS of illegal aliens that have flooded them in the last few years?

Old 08-11-2023, 11:11 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
I am honestly really starting to despise Eric Adams.

Quote:
"The state can also allocate more funding to match our needs on the ground," he said. "And we are willing to work with every locality across New York state to provide support for asylum seekers because they need to play their part just like Buffalo, White Plains and others have."
No, dipwad, other localities in New York State do NOT need to provide support for asylum seekers. Unlike you and your sanctuary city pals, other localities do not want these migrants there. It is not the other localities' fault that the migrants are here in this country, and they are under no obligation, legal or moral, to use their resources to bail you out.

Quote:
"And while many Republicans in Congress may be holding up critical reform, the White House can help us now," Adams said. He noted how the Biden administration had sent a team from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to New York City to assess the situation this week.
"Critical reform"? Like, what, securing the border so the migrants wouldn't be here in the first place? It's not Republicans who are holding it up; it's the people in your own party.

Quote:
"New Yorkers did not create an international humanitarian crisis, but New Yorkers have been left to deal with this crisis almost entirely on our own," Adams said. "It has been fueled by those in Congress who stand in the way of real immigration reform, by governors who have used vulnerable asylum seekers as political pawns, by the indifference of leaders across the nation."
Either this jerk is unaware, or he just doesn't care, that Texas and Arizona and other states closer to the border have been dealing with this crisis almost entirely on their own for many years. And the crisis has been fueled by those who refuse to secure our border. It's been fueled by Democrats.

I can't tell you how glad I am that New York is being made to face the reality of what "sanctuary city" policies actually look like. They're the ones who made this crisis, and they're the ones who need to deal with it. And if Biden uses American tax money to aid and abet this invasion, he needs to be impeached for treason.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:12 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Adams will use the money to cover his city's budget shortfall ...$10 billion and toss the "change" to the illegals.
He gave his city workers $16 billion in raises with no way to pay for it.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:23 AM

62,905 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweatherlover1982 View Post
The mayor of NYC Eric Adams accused Republicans of being critical to "reform". Reform meaning taxpayers from all the other 49 states paying for NYC migrants

President Joe Biden is proposing a sweeping spending package which would pay for the migrants luxurious hotels in NYC and many other amenties with federal taxpayer dollars.

He is planning on sneaking the massive federal payout to NYC in a variety of different bills,

Reform simply means amnesty with these liberals. No thanks, that's no solution to prevent further illegal immigration it's an encouragement for more to come here.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweatherlover1982 View Post

I can't seem to find the proposition you reference in your headline.

I see a Biden rep is off to talk to official in NYC but have yet to see a White House directive that says it is to propose a migrant package.

Are we assuming stuff or is it out there in the universe?

Old 08-11-2023, 11:37 AM

So Fox News makes up a proposed spending bill based on someone traveling to go talk to someone in NYC and you all jump on it.

I see now why you all have no faith in media.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:39 AM

25,952 posts, read 22,102,658 times
I am willing to fund federal law enforcement for removal of these illegal aliens and fake asylum seekers, and nothing else. We can rent a fleet of buses, and we know where to find them. Maybe from NYC, we could just put them on a ship. Cost of this would be SO MUCH LESS, as would putting the military on the border until we can secure it, and the military has people who could be working on the securing of the border also.

We are spending money that we do not have. I just came back from the grocery store, and most items are up again, 10 to 20%! I see new vehicles and RVs sitting on the lots due to sales being extremely slow to non-existent due to the rising costs of everything.

There was a reason the immigration laws were put in place in the first place, and we now see the reason why.

I agree, no reform! Medicaid and all forms of public assistance including housing (although once they drop and anchor baby, they are entitled to government housing moving ahead of singles and couples as those with children get "preference) are already overloaded with everyone getting less, and now with inflation and many lower paying jobs being replaced by electronic devices, just bite the bullet and enforce the laws on the books.

We do not need or want these people here. The countries they are coming from get a lot of financial assistance from the taxpayers, plus they have a chance to settle in other countries along their route, but those countries have requirements of background checks, getting a job (not just dropping 4 or 5 anchor babies to draw public assistance into the household), etc.

We look so stupid to the rest of the world, and if you don't believe me, check out some articles coming out of other countries. I think we look stupid too, and am embarrassed by what our country is becoming under the current administration with a puppet "president"!

A vote for this to continue by voting for the Democrat party (except for Kennedy who I like) is to sign the death certificate for the US as we have known it, and to see our country become a 3rd world dive like the countries these people come from. In the numbers they are coming in, they will bring their standards and their values, and we'll look just like the dives they came from. They come for a free ride and to live as they did in their mother countries.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:41 AM

Does anybody have a link to the proposed spending bill?

Anybody ----

Old 08-11-2023, 11:42 AM

15,824 posts, read 6,534,658 times
Spend a ton of money on homeless non-citizens with no vote? I can't imagine that will generate a lot of support. Dead on arrival most likely. They would have to play heavily on the sympathy card, and quite frankly most people have their own problems to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies