Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2023, 08:36 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,057,402 times

Advertisements

Damage is already done. He has a yr left, why waste the time/money. Wouldnt happen anyway

Old 12-14-2023, 08:39 AM

25,798 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
It would have passed with no presentation of evidence, it’s all for show. This is all childhood tik for tak, Democrats did an impeachment and Republican want their get back.

That is why this process is starting now and not a year ago when all the “evidence” was already known. So proceeding will run into the final months of the election. It will be a crap show but Congress is good at crap shows, entertaining for political junkies but the General public won’t care much.

The worst outcome for Biden is he will have one impeachment vs Trumps 2, and the General voters won’t care about either one just like Trumps impeachments did not seem to hurt him.
Your premise that all impeachments are the same is faulty.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times
They also, likely, had to formalize the inquiry in order to make Comer's subpoenas enforceable. Thanks to a Bill Barr memo regarding one of Trump's impeachments, IIRC.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:52 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...p-biden-probe/

“I’m going to take the same position that I’ve taken since 2019 that all I can say is there’s some indication, maybe some compromise with China particularly, but I have no evidence of it,” Grassley told CNN’s Manu Raju on Wednesday.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:02 AM

3,288 posts, read 1,423,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
The democrats abused their power by impeaching Donald Trump on political squabbles which they knew had zero chance of being carried out by the Senate.

Republicans now have MORE information relating to actual crimes committed by Joe Biden than the democrats had on Trump.

Then they turned DC into a clown show by impeaching Donald Trump twice, just as a way to carry out their political opposition. The founders intended impeachment to be used as a last resort, in the case of AGGREGIOUS crimes...like a dead body in the White House...not some silly political squabbles.

Republicans should also use that same precedent to impeach Joe Biden if only to prove that it's no big accomplishment and it's a clown show when you do it simply because the other guy hurts your feelings.

It's sad that this button needs to be pushed by republicans, but the democrats need to be shown that Mutually Assured Destruction is the only thing they will gain when they pull these stunts.

I think it's better than 50/50 odds that it happens. Again, the new M.O. in DC is I guess going to be "impeach and arrest" if you don't like your opposition.
I thought this was such an interesting post. It's a really good example of how very differently those who generally support Mr. Trump see the world, and those who do not support him, see things. I'm in the later camp, and my perspective of the political and legal actions that came to pass based on the past President's actions could not be more different than those of the OP. With the two groups having such diametrically opposed viewpoints, it doesn't appear there is space to find much (any?) common ground. Basically just makes this forum a place to vent one's personal anger and direct their animosity toward others who don't agree with them.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:10 AM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...p-biden-probe/

“I’m going to take the same position that I’ve taken since 2019 that all I can say is there’s some indication, maybe some compromise with China particularly, but I have no evidence of it,” Grassley told CNN’s Manu Raju on Wednesday.
You don't think that it was really going to get past the Senate anyway, did you?

Old 12-14-2023, 09:10 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,571,170 times
This congress has hit a new low with launching an impeachment inquiry without real evidence of wrong doing.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You don't think that it was really going to get past the Senate anyway, did you?
No, I don't, but that's a separate question.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:32 AM

25,798 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
Damage is already done. He has a yr left, why waste the time/money. Wouldn't happen anyway
Why do the radical Liberals continue to spend Millions to pester Trump w/ fake indictments? They've been at it for 6+ years, and thrown multiple charges at him, & failed...remember Trump's tax returns...nothing found...& fake Russian collusion...based upon a fake Dossier.

This is a court of public opinion that is in session. What happens legally isn't the only focus. Getting the facts to voters to let them make their own judgements, is also an objective.

Voters get to decide what is fact (suspicious activity reports of Biden shell company wire transfers), and what is fiction (a Hillary Clinton paid for fabricated Russian Dossier).

2 months ago, 68% of voters felt Joe Biden did something unethical, & posibly illegal.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/10/1...omment-page-3/

Since then, more evidence surfaced...such as the Thousands of Joe's emails using aliase's to talk about Hunter's "biz", & James repaying a suspicious "loan" to Joe.

In light of the new evidence, if that poll was re-done, the October 68% result would likely go higher.

Now that a formal impeachent investigation has been authorized, more evidence will surface, pushing Joe's approvals below his current 39%

Why is time and money is being spent?...to get the facts out to voters so they can decide if Joe's dirty, or not.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Why do the radical Liberals continue to spend Millions to pester Trump w/ fake indictments? They've been at it for 6+ years, and thrown multiple charges at him, & failed...remember Trump's tax returns...nothing found...& fake Russian collusion...based upon a fake Dossier.

This is a court of public opinion that is in session. What happens legally isn't the only focus. Getting the facts to voters to let them make their own judgements, is also an objective.

Voters get to decide what is fact (suspicious activity reports of Biden shell company wire transfers), and what is fiction (a Hillary Clinton paid for fabricated Russian Dossier).

2 months ago, 68% of voters felt Joe Biden did something unethical, & posibly illegal.

https://jonathanturley.org/2023/10/1...omment-page-3/

Since then, more evidence surfaced...such as the Thousands of Joe's emails using aliase's to talk about Hunter's "biz", & James repaying a suspicious "loan" to Joe.

In light of the new evidence, if that poll was re-done, the October 68% result would likely go higher.

Now that a formal impeachent investigation has been authorized, more evidence will surface, pushing Joe's approvals below his current 39%

Why is time and money is being spent?...to get the facts out to voters so they can decide if Joe's dirty, or not.

The Trump Campaign admitted to colluding with Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies