Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your choice for the GOP nomination in 2024?
Donald Trump 67 43.51%
Someone else 87 56.49%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 11:50 AM

11,149 posts, read 7,208,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
Trump IS the GOP, nominee or not.
That would be a hilarious way to kill the Republican Party, but it won't work. There are too many who won't go to the Dems side, and they aren't going to start a new party. Their own choice is to smother and die off anything Trump-related and diseased, to save the "body" from more sickness. And they've got the numbers, and support from true conservatives, moderates, and even the left.

Face it, you guys are a dying breed. That experiment failed, backfired, and exploded all around us. Never again.

Old 08-15-2023, 11:51 AM

8,947 posts, read 2,975,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
That makes Trump the O.J. Simpson of politics. Nice little legal distinction there.
Uhhh, accusing someone of being convicted of a felony when he actually was just in a sham civil trial from 30 years ago is quite a big miss.

Not sure where "OJ Simpson" comes in.

Old 08-15-2023, 11:53 AM

8,947 posts, read 2,975,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
That would be a hilarious way to kill the Republican Party, but it won't work. There are too many who won't go to the Dems side, and they aren't going to start a new party. So their own choice is to smother and die off anything Trump-related and diseased, to save the "body" from more sickness. And they've got the numbers, and support from moderates and even the left.

Face it, you guys are a dying breed.
Republicans have a majority in the House, Senate, State Legislatures, the SCOTUS, and Governorships.

That's not too bad for "dying," eh?

Old 08-15-2023, 12:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 2,293,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Trump wasn't found guilty of sexual assault. It wasn't even a criminal trial.

Stop spreading misinformation.

He also didn't praise people "attacking" the Capitol. And he just called John McCain a loser, and he was basically right.

And this is why I am still supporting Trump. Look at the lies that the left still holds on to and continues to spread.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:30 PM

25,909 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You voted for a guy, who committed adultery and stole his best friend's wife.

Then sold out the US to Ukraine, China and Russia for $20 million so far.

The $20M came from Russia, Ukraine, & Kazakhstan...only those 3 countries.

Comer's still pouring through bank records to tally how much came from other countries...like China.

I read an estimate from one of his team that said the total could reach $100M...that could have been sensationalizing the situation, so we'll need to see.

It's easy to see now why banks flagged Hundreds of Biden-related foreign transactions. Why didn't the gov't agencies act upon hundreds of bank alerts to suspicious large wire transfers coming into our country from several other countries? Why did a Republican-controlled House of Reps have to do this? This reveals systemic corruption at all levels of the Biden administration.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 08-15-2023 at 12:43 PM..

Old 08-15-2023, 12:34 PM

10,537 posts, read 7,072,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The $20M came from Russia, Ukraine, & Kazakhstan...only those 3 countries.

Comer's still pouring through bank records to tally how much came from other countries...like China.

I read an estimate from one of his team that said the total could reach $100M...that could have been sensationalizing the situation, so we'll need to see.
It has to be a lot more. The Secret Service is renting a house next to Hunters at a cost of $30,000 per month.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:56 PM

8,362 posts, read 2,984,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
And this is why I am still supporting Trump. Look at the lies that the left still holds on to and continues to spread.
They lie, they’re violent, and they’re easily brainwashed. Weak minded hypocrites. COVID did less damage to the U.S. than the damage caused by left wing zombies that voted for this commie sucking admin.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:16 PM

10,152 posts, read 7,816,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
So this poll is rigged too?
There are lefties in the forum and you know they voted and you know how they voted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. lol But feel free to deny. It's what y'all do and is expected.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:16 PM

3,987 posts, read 5,023,003 times
How can anyone who uses such vitriolic language ever think they could mend the country? I started to grab all the hateful comments in this thread alone, but it was so long, I gave up. Trump does not care about this country. Narcissists are incapable of caring about anything other than themselves. He'd throw his sons in the lion's pit if it served his purpose. He'd screw his daughter if it wasn't morally reprehensible. You can all pretend he didn't have a public persona for the last 40 years, and you can pretend he "didn't mean it" when he said years worth of nonsense. You can pretend that Joe is worse (he isn't) and you can continue to think that "all" of a group means, says, does everything in lock step. This close minded bubble you've placed yourself in is why I just feel sorry for all of you. Oh, there have been a couple of opposing views that I thought were well written and the poster gave it some thought - but most of you just hurl out more insults. It's pathetic.

Thing is, I'd absolutely love it if we had more candidates to choose from. I'd love it if there was an age limit (and I've never thought that about seniors) for the presidency. It would be nice to get rid of "us vs. them" but as long as thread after thread starts of with "those stupid, Marxist, commie, fascist left-tard" comments, what do you think actually gets accomplished. By the way, even if I don't agree with how things are handled on BOTH sides, why do you think you've cornered the marked on "what it is to be American"? The hubris shown here is astounding to me.

Old 08-15-2023, 01:33 PM

7,667 posts, read 8,746,272 times
Those who refuse to vote for Trump because of his indictments, you'll be safest to vote for Biden, who seems to be completely immune from prosecution, therefore, "baggage".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies