Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2023, 09:47 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
A lot of donations will help. (standard vig)
Preferably $47 to the Trump Dindu Nuffin fund. Your donation will also help ensure your freedom from trannies.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:05 AM

4,644 posts, read 4,950,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Good thing so many California voters don't bother to show up. Because that would make that each vote worth even less!
17.5 million voted in 20. That got us to 1/318,181
There were 25.09M eligible voters in October, 2020. If they all voted, 1/456,181 th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the claim that there was a significant number of votes from dead people is the easiest to debunk. both voter rolls and death records are public. to prove that there was a vote from a dead person would simply require matching the names. to date that has not been done.

there have been a few isolated cases of family members submitting dead relatives votes in 2020 but nothing significant or organized and, from what i've seen, they favor trump.
Statistically, there are always dead people voting. They wern't dead when they voted - maybe they were killed in combat, or died in a car accident, or were just old - but they died between mailing their absentee ballot and election day.

Old 08-17-2023, 10:08 AM

13,304 posts, read 21,928,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What in the world? After the election, Republicans made changes that took effect before the election?

Ballot boxes were not illegal in Wisconsin during the 2020 election. If you disagree, cite the law for it.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:04 AM

2,888 posts, read 7,154,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Here's a new idea - maybe after all this time, Trump could be setting himself up for a not guilty because of insanity plea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That would no doubt increase his standing in the polls with his supporters. Birds of a feather.
Quote:
i think stupidity might be a better term than insanity but..... yep.... that seems to be the current defense that Trump's legal team are pushing.
I'm hoping Trump has to take the stand to explain why he believed Sydney Powell/Rudy G over his own DOJ, FBI, CISA, WH counsel, Secretaries of State, election officials and hired private investigators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
For sure.
Then there's also the classic legal definition of insanity - defendant doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. could be the perfect defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Nope. His ego would never permit an admission of insanity. This is who he really is - a narcissist who is revealing himself to all and sundry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Would that be the shiznit? The GOP nominates someone who legally tried to declare himself insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wouldn't put it past them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sources tell ABC News that Trump's legal advisors have told him that holding such a press conference with dubious claims of voter fraud will only complicate his legal problems and some of his attorneys have advised him to cancel it.

What are the odds that he listens to them?

Personally, I hope he goes through with it. I love a circus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He is going to have to do something. I can't see him backing out. I just see him repeating the same nonsense he has been doing for over 2 years. The changed voting laws (something he could have fought before the election). Dead people voted, ballots were moved around, dems dirty tricks. Maybe he will bring up a couple people who will claim they witnessed massive voter fraud. He is going to find those 11,000 votes. Regardless losing GA did not cost him the election. So what is the point.

But I guarantee it will energize MAGA. And that is the only reason he is doing this. He has to keep them loyal. They start pealing away and its curtains for Trump. He has to keep the daily assault going against everyone involved in indicting him. And dare these various judges and public officials to throw him in jail for not shutting up.
Quote:
yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It would be the shiznittiest of all!
How's this for a plan that satisfies everyone. Trump and all of his cohorts agree to plead not guilty by reason of insanity. They will be confined indefinitely until they are deemed sane.

To avoid the problems of how to provide security for trump in jail etc., they will allow trump to choose either mar a lago or trump tower as the place for confinement - all of his cohorts will also be placed in that facility. The existing security will all be continued, but will be adjusted to focus on keeping trump et al confined and not escaping.

All communication will be allowed among the confinees; they're free to preach to their choir and each other. They're free to speak and tweet and buzz and squawk and fight among themselves. They will not be confined to indiviual rooms or cells, rather allowed to roam free on the premises.

However, there is no communication at all permitted with the outside, coming in or going out. No internet, no phones, no mail, no nothing.

They'll be allowed to live their life of luxury together within the bubble - yes let's be generous to a beloved ex-president, why not give him that much.

Hope all the prosecutors in all the jurisdictions can see the win in that kind of approach for them too.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:28 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,457,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ballot boxes were not illegal in Wisconsin during the 2020 election. If you disagree, cite the law for it.
Correct. That new interpretation wasn't until Jan 2022.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/10729...-under-state-l

Old 08-17-2023, 11:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,102,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If he had it, it would have been released by now to avoid being charged.

As a guy who voted for him, waiting an hour and a half in the rain back in 2015, I'm over him and the whining at this point.
And that is what the Dems hope will happen.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:41 AM

13,143 posts, read 7,630,156 times
Quote:
Wisconsin. Vote-by-mail was illegal there, but it was allowed. Ballot dropboxes were illegal, but they were used. Ballot harvesting was illegal, but it was allowed.
Where did you get these factoids from?
YEMV

Old 08-17-2023, 11:49 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,120,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And that is what the Dems hope will happen.
Yes, we did hope that people would come to their senses. It took a while, but it looks like it's finally starting to happen.

Old 08-17-2023, 12:04 PM

30,346 posts, read 11,971,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If he goes through with it, I'll wager his attorneys will decline to represent him in the Georgia case. But I'd like to see him get up there with his Sharpie and make a further ass of himself.
I heard a poll today on Fox News of all places and they said about 35% of his voters are hardcore MAGA. The other 65% either won't vote for him if he is convicted or might not vote for him because of that. He really can't lose more than 10% or he will lose all the swing states.

Old 08-17-2023, 12:12 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,512,540 times
Quote:
Gag orders are unconstitutional.

the SCOTUS disagrees.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/gag_order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies