Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 08:40 AM

50,880 posts, read 36,586,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
It isn’t MAGAs doing most of the shootings, though. You’re the one claiming MAGAs are violent and have all the guns, so tell us why the streets aren’t running with blood in MAGA areas. Why are the liberal bastions of urban areas seeing mass shootings every weekend while the conservative areas of the country fairly peaceful? After all, MAGAs and conservatives are ultra violent, right?
Can’t both groups be violent? I’d worry more about being in black poor area on a daily basis, but about MAGA more when it comes to domestic terror and potential civil war.

When that happens, as a Jew I’ll be in equal danger from both groups.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:52 AM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Can’t both groups be violent? I’d worry more about being in black poor area on a daily basis, but about MAGA more when it comes to domestic terror and potential civil war.

When that happens, as a Jew I’ll be in equal danger from both groups.
If both groups were violent, we’d be seeing the same level of willful destruction in MAGA and conservative areas as we see in liberal areas. We aren’t, so I guess the answer to your question is no.

Old 08-19-2023, 11:03 AM

6,111 posts, read 2,734,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so did trayvon martin's.

do you agree that all unarmed rioters should be shot?
If unarmed rioters attack police/resist, refuse lawful orders, and are aggressive then law enforcement has every right to use force.

The Trayvon Martin, and Mike Brown situations in my opinion were justified and I have also posted that what Daniel Penny did was justified. It's not a Dem or Republican issue comply with lawful orders or face the consequences not that hard. I back the Blue.

Old 08-19-2023, 06:15 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
If unarmed rioters attack police/resist, refuse lawful orders, and are aggressive then law enforcement has every right to use force.

The Trayvon Martin, and Mike Brown situations in my opinion were justified and I have also posted that what Daniel Penny did was justified. It's not a Dem or Republican issue comply with lawful orders or face the consequences not that hard. I back the Blue.
Ashley Babbit did not attack anyone. She was shot while climbing through a window, which would be a pretty awkward position to get aggressive in.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:28 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 8 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,605,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
All of his rhetoric is going to get people killed.
And these Free Speech Fundamenta - uh - absolutists say the speech doesn't affect anybody.

I can go off onto all sorts of tangent examples with this one, but the bottom line is that Free Speech fun- uh - absolutists (Damn, I could never get that one right off the bat) -- they either are dyed-in-the-wool true believers people's ability to completely control their feelings (which is bogus) OR they use shaming language to invalidate the target's dignity (which is just a cheap shaming tactic). I simply can't take these Free Speech Over All types claims seriously.

Old 08-19-2023, 08:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I am sharing the article, so you should be able to read it in full.

What can the Judge do to keep him from inciting violence?
Where are all these crazy people coming from?
I wonder if she's going to prison...any update?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.