Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2023, 07:17 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,100,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Plus the "I'm just a little ol' dumb girl" bit was sickening.
She's a lawyer. Granted, a pretty bad one, but even still, pretending she didn't know the law is pretty pathetic. My guess is that she's gotten by on her looks for years, but batting those big blue eyes and flipping that bleached blonde hair didn't cut it this time.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

35,694 posts, read 18,057,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Well, she sounds sincere to me.

But still - a little dumb, if she didn't realize by herself that this was a hoax she involved herself with. To get to be a lawyer she can't really be "dumb", but maybe "blind" is a better word. Naive. Unable to sort truth from lies.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:22 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,271,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

But still - a little dumb, if she didn't realize by herself that this was a hoax. To get to be a lawyer she can't really be "dumb", but maybe "blind" is a better word. Naive. Unable to sort truth from lies.
Cults brainwash their adherents. She wanted to believe , way too much.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cults brainwash their adherents. She wanted to believe , way too much.
I'm not sure she was in the "cult", but she took him on as a client and was unable to filter out that his case was built on lies. And frankly, some people don't seem to have that filter. You'd think those who were around her, who worked with her or who loved her, would have warned her she was hitching her wagon to the wrong horse.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:27 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,740,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She's a lawyer. Granted, a pretty bad one, but even still, pretending she didn't know the law is pretty pathetic. My guess is that she's gotten by on her looks for years, but batting those big blue eyes and flipping that bleached blonde hair didn't cut it this time.
That's what gets me. She wasn't just a lawyer-- she was a lawyer advising the president of the United States. She had a duty to research the applicable law and to be honest in her assessment of it. And now to act like it was all beyond her and she was just doing what the men told her to do is disingenuous and infuriating.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:29 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,399,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
A guilty plea to a felony is an indication she did something wrong.
No, it's not. It's pragmatism.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM

2,362 posts, read 866,384 times
HA ha the rats are at last deserting the sinking ship. See you in court soon Donald

Old 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
That's what gets me. She wasn't just a lawyer-- she was a lawyer advising the president of the United States. She had a duty to research the applicable law and to be honest in her assessment of it. And now to act like it was all beyond her and she was just doing what the men told her to do is disingenuous and infuriating.
I'm not sure about that.

She does really look young, and inexperienced. It's highly likely she's the calibre attorney he could attract - the very seasoned, wise and skilled attorneys wouldn't get in shooting distance of this case. Because they knew better.

She didn't. She was easy prey, and gullible. There's a reason he didn't have many very seasoned, accomplished 50somethings attorneys begging to take this case.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,740,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

But still - a little dumb, if she didn't realize by herself that this was a hoax she involved herself with. To get to be a lawyer she can't really be "dumb", but maybe "blind" is a better word. Naive. Unable to sort truth from lies.
As a lawyer advising the president she had a duty to research the law and follow it. Any lawyer who has graduated from law school and passed the bar can find a statute and read it. She was fully capable of sorting truth from lies and for her to pretend otherwise is just more lying.

Old 10-24-2023, 07:34 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,791,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Your third reason is the reason all of this may backfire against the prosecution. Plea deals do not always work the way prosecutors want or hope for.

Don't forget what Jenna Ellis pleaded guilty to, "Aiding and abetting false statements", basically lying. The defense is going to use that to attack her credibility. They will say that she is now lying in order to get a lighter sentence. If they can convince the jury that she is trying to save herself, they will ignore what she has to say.

The other issue is that it doesn't appear that anything in her deal said that she got her "marching orders" from Trump.

She mentioned other attorneys, not Trump. I am sure that they will focus on this as well. Unless they can tie her to working directly under Trump's directives...not sure how much use she will actually be.
Well, there is Trump's own contemporary statements...

And we all know HE never lies, don't we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies