Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 04:01 AM

2,981 posts, read 3,542,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lets back up a bit. The FBI after the 2016 election was investigating Russian interference. There was already lots of evidence of that. For example the hacked DNC emails that wikileaks obtained. At that time in early 2017 Trump would arrange meetings with Comey where he was drilling him on his loyalty to Trump and if Trump himself was being investigated. Because Trump did not get the answers he wanted he fired Comey in a very rude way. It was all over the news before Comey was aware of what happened.

With Trump's actions a special council was formed. It was to look at Russian interference in the 2016 election and if Russia colluded with American citizens or the Trump campaign. When you fire the person leading an investigation into Russian election interference you put the spotlight on you. That is Trump's fault. Turned out several members of Trump's campaign did collude with Russian officials. And several Russians were indicted. Including Natalia Veselnitskaya a Russian lawyer and (informant) spy who met at Trump Tower with Don Jr. apparently with info on Hillary Clintons emails. There were attempts to have Trump secretly fly out to meet Putin before the election.

Yes the democrats were complaining after the 2016 election and it turned out they were right. GOP complained after the 2020 election and instead of doing it the right way with law enforcement they decided to stop the peaceful transition of power for the first time in American history. Even when Nixon and Gore lost very close races they conceded with dignity. Trump instead has had a 2 year hissy fit. Hillary Clinton also handled defeat poorly but she did not try to get VEEP Joe Biden to not certify the results or organize what turned out be violent protests outside the capital to intimidate Biden into not certifying. Or call the SOS of states looking for enough votes so she would win.

There is no comparison in American history to what Trump has done since the 2020 election. Nothing even close.

And Jenna Ellis had a big role in spreading the stolen election lie. And trying to pressure Georgia elections officials to use fake electors instead of the real ones. She was trying to help Trump steal the election. Pretty evil actions.
Lying isn't a crime you rabid leftist. You and your fellow lefties lied about Nick Sandmann (a 17 year old child at the time). Hopefully, karma comes back at the lefties. Either way, I'll take the sworn affidavits about election irregularities in Democrat areas over the ridiculous posts that come from people on your side.

Old 10-26-2023, 04:04 AM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Yes, you are and your posts show that you're a truly radical one.
Wrong. OB is a strong Libertarian who is consistent in his posts. He is neither Democrat nor Republican.

Old 10-26-2023, 04:06 AM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Lying isn't a crime you rabid leftist. You and your fellow lefties lied about Nick Sandmann (a 17 year old child at the time). Hopefully, karma comes back at the lefties. Either way, I'll take the sworn affidavits about election irregularities in Democrat areas over the ridiculous posts that come from people on your side.
Lying is a crime when its sole intent is to overturn the Constitution.

Old 10-26-2023, 05:00 AM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Lol. Stop the personal attacks. I am more conservative than you. Not at all a democrat or leftist. I just don't drink the MAGA Kool-aid. I actually care about right and wrong and punishing those who break the law. Not excuse them because they are trying to illegally keep my leader in power. That used to be the conservative way. Back in the days of Reagan. Now anything goes. Just like the leftists. To me being a conservative is sticking by your conservative principals. I get it you really really really hate the left and love Trump. That is fine, who cares. Just don't call me something I am not. You look foolish and ignorant doing that.

When did I ever comment on Nick Sandmann? Who is that? Just looked it up. He sued and won against CNN and others who smeared him. Good for him! How about all the Dominion chatter after the election. How did that turn out for those people who lied about Dominion? You should be just as angry at them as you are CNN and others who lied about Sandmann! But I bet you are not.

Trump lost the election. Trump had the opportunity in court to prove his case. 60 cases filed including with the SCOTUS and his goofy legal team had no facts. Everyone surrounding Trump except for Rudy G, Ellis and a couple others who are now in legal trouble of plead guilty told Trump he lost the election. Trump should have dropped it after his legal filings failed. You have to prove in court that democrats cheated to win. There is no proof. So move on. That is what Nixon did in 1960 and Gore in 2000. Nixon was the VEEP in 1960. He could have just decided not to confirm the electoral count like Trump wanted Pence to do. But he did the right thing. The country and the peaceful transition of power is more important than any one person. if you want to get mad at someone instead of a conservative libertarian like myself. Get mad at Ellis, Rudy G, the Kracken lady and the pillow guy. They filled Trump's head with lies that landed him in hot water.

And lying. If you are a lawyer representing clients. You can't lie. If you are making up fake stories about a voting machine company you can be held liable for harming their business. Their are consequences to lying both civil and criminal. Its odd to me for a so called republican like yourself to defend lying. And wait a second. You are saying Ellis was lying about election fraud? And lying is fine? So if she lied about election fraud that means you are saying there was no election fraud? Interesting turn of events.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-26-2023 at 05:11 AM..

Old 10-26-2023, 05:26 AM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There is something called the crimes of deception. AKA fraud. Lying is most certainly a crime when one does so to gain something. Like when Steve Bannon and his buddy started that charity to help wounded veterans and pocketed a lot of that money for themselves.

Of course lying and saying the sky is green. One does not gain anything for that lie so its not a crime. And Ellis did a lot more than just lie. She tried to conspire with various states to use MAGA electors instead of the ones slated to cast their votes on Jan 6th.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-26-2023 at 05:34 AM..

Old 10-26-2023, 09:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,789,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
There is something called the crimes of deception. AKA fraud. Lying is most certainly a crime when one does so to gain something. Like when Steve Bannon and his buddy started that charity to help wounded veterans and pocketed a lot of that money for themselves.

Of course lying and saying the sky is green. One does not gain anything for that lie so its not a crime. And Ellis did a lot more than just lie. She tried to conspire with various states to use MAGA electors instead of the ones slated to cast their votes on Jan 6th.
Yeah, it wasn't what she said or what she believed. It was what she DID.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:17 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,683,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

OB not only isn't a radical Democrat, he isn't a Democrat at all.
You'll have to cut that accusatory poster some slack. It's not often they come across someone who is conservative that can call a spade a spade. Freaks them out totally. And yes, 100%, they believe in lying if it gets them what they want--by any means necessary.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:22 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Saying that the election wasn't stolen doesn't make anyone nor require being a leftist, nor a Democrat, nor someone who overall is on any particular 'side', and OB isn't any of those things.

It doesn't definitively make anyone anything other than someone who is saying that the election wasn't stolen.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

You sound very angry.

You might want to get your blood pressure checked.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:53 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
1st - I am a patriot - I love America and it's because of the idiocrasy of the left that I became an Independent 3 1/2 months ago so don't go trying to intimidate or belittle me. It's because of people like yourself that so many SANE Democrats have said I can't tolerate the party and the fools in it any longer.

I'm the same person with the same beliefs I had when I was a Democrat - I just refuse to associate myself with Stupid anymore. Like him or not - the world was a better place under Trump and I've said numerous times on these forums that I thought he was a horse's behind - but he was good for the country and no one will change my mind that given 2024 - he's the one who will bring back some sanity to this country.

Do you actually like living in a society where everyone hates everyone? Where crime is rampant? Where our military is emasculated? Where inflation is hitting everyone's pockets? I'll take a revenge Presidency - I just think you folks are running scared that if Trump is elected - you won't get your way any longer.
No, a number of his policies were good for the country, which isn't the same thing.

He has never been good for the country.

It is never good to have someone considered to be a horse's behind and, even more importantly, someone so lacking in character, sitting behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval.

If someone had told me in 2013 that we would have three such incredibly bad major candidates over the next two Presidential election cycles, I wouldn't have believed him or her. No one should have voted for any of the three.

Old 10-26-2023, 05:22 PM

2,981 posts, read 3,542,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No it isn't, stop typing in order to make it seem as if you have some sanity. Your fellow Democrats have shown their willingness to trample on the constitution as evidenced by how many times federal judges have struck down bs from this regime and the previous Democrat congress. Do yourself a favor and stop typing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies