Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 09:02 AM

17,837 posts, read 13,754,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
So... some context here. They went from number one to number two. 8.34% market share vs. 8.28. So basically like going from being the richest person in the world to being the 2nd richest.

Yeah, we sure showed them.
Since mostly only right wing Bubba types drank Bud Light in the first place... perhaps they need to go around and see how many of their friends are still drinking it in secret. You know damn well that even though the leftists were happy that AB did a tranny commercial... they didn't start drinking Bud Light. They are still nursing bottles of Puss Pink Pale Ale down at the Drag Show.

So right wingers need to get out there and see exactly who the traitors to the cause actually are.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:09 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,433,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Looks like the storm goes on for poor Bud. Guess the image of a 28 year old man pretending to be a 16 year old girl doesn't help Buds plight

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/mode...215801479.html
I do not understand light beer. Watered down with no taste. Less alcohol, so you just drink more.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:30 AM

1,020 posts, read 647,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Then they shouldn't be laying off employees, right?
I don't know and I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What you are doing is akin to watching a plane flying at 1000 feet crash into the ground and then stating they're fine because on average over the flight they're at 900 feet.

The numbers might be correct but they're not being used correctly.
Right, so this is your official declaration to everyone that Inbev or AB or whoever is about to crash. Everybody pull out now. You heard it here first.

K.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:46 AM

78,586 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Right, so this is your official declaration to everyone that Inbev or AB or whoever is about to crash. Everybody pull out now. You heard it here first.

K.
Lol...I'll look for a lifeguard.

Old 08-24-2023, 09:57 AM

6,396 posts, read 2,728,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don’t get it. You want to destroy a company that provides jobs for over 100,000 because you didn’t like their ad campaign. You are hurting the workers because Bud will survive. And if sales go down they will let employees go. So the only ones you are hurting is them.
What you don't get is why it takes Conservatives so much time to do what Democrats have been doing for years. Except for one difference, the conservatives are just no longer buying the product. If a Democrat wants to buy it they still can, and if they really want to support the company perhaps they should start buying as much Bud Light as possible.

Funny how you don't seem to be upset at AB for not thinking about its employees and the possible loss in sales when they started that campaign.

I'm sure that if say Pepsi or Coke came out with a campaign highlighting a Right to Life Anti-Abortion Group you would be saying the exact same thing wondering why the left would want to destroy a company...

Old 08-24-2023, 10:07 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,480,814 times
One thing we know for sure is that InBev will not be hurt by this much if at all.

Most people will switch to another InBev product and the volume shipped will not appreciably change. Very likely most of the switchers will not even know the other brand is from the same company, and could possibly even be brewed in the same kettles.

IF this controversy caused people to give up beer entirely that would be another matter.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:14 AM

19,888 posts, read 18,176,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
One thing we know for sure is that InBev will not be hurt by this much if at all.

Most people will switch to another InBev product and the volume shipped will not appreciably change. Very likely most of the switchers will not even know the other brand is from the same company, and could possibly even be brewed in the same kettles.

IF this controversy caused people to give up beer entirely that would be another matter.
Modelo is not owned by InBev. Fact is there are many, many beer choices outside InBev, a motivated buyer an figure it out in seconds.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:29 AM

12,407 posts, read 8,192,347 times
Everyone wants to get the big boss kingpin. Most of the time society settles for getting a street dealer, Bud Light in this case

Old 08-24-2023, 10:36 AM

7,504 posts, read 3,916,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Since mostly only right wing Bubba types drank Bud Light in the first place... perhaps they need to go around and see how many of their friends are still drinking it in secret. You know damn well that even though the leftists were happy that AB did a tranny commercial... they didn't start drinking Bud Light. They are still nursing bottles of Puss Pink Pale Ale down at the Drag Show.

So right wingers need to get out there and see exactly who the traitors to the cause actually are.
And yet, this site says Bud Light consumers are more interested in social justice than non-consumers.

Does that sound like "right wing Bubba type?"

https://www.statista.com/insights/co...s/#contentBox3

Old 08-24-2023, 10:45 AM

36,631 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
I don't know and I don't care.
According to "the news" they did lay off employees after the " fallout over a campaign involving a trans influencer".

Apparently, employees in corporate and marketing roles in New York, Los Angeles and St. Louis.

I would think you would know and care since you claim any loss over this was negligible and AB is not hurting over this. I think that begs the question then why hundreds of layoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies