Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 01:54 PM

17,735 posts, read 6,977,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Starting a couple of days ago it was rumored that Trump sent out the word that he didn’t want any of his supporters to do anything that might make DeSantis look good–including sharing public announcements about the storm. I didn’t bother to write about it because it may have been propaganda to make Trump look bad, although subsequent searches of Trump’s followers showed that even Trump’s Florida-based influencers were remarkably silent about the storm as it crashed into the state. It sure looks like Trump sent out the word to stay quiet. But perhaps they decided to do this on their own.

But there is no question about Trump’s actions themselves. The guy sent out tens of “Truths” attacking DeSantis throughout the storm, producing a hurricane of invective aimed at the governor as he spent 20-hour days working to mitigate the damage. Trump dumped over 30 videos of himself on Truth Social since the hurricane hit. About himself and his campaign. He even spent a good amount of time specifically attacking DeSantis–including about the hurricane itself–while DeSantis was dealing with the storm and its aftermath.
Link: https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/...alling-n575032

DeSantis needs to be the GOP nominee, not Trump. I'm almost as tired of Trump's antics as I'm tired of the Marxist Democrats' efforts to destroy him and the country.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:10 PM

4,570 posts, read 2,291,576 times
This is not cool at all. I knew nothing about a campaign to be quiet about the storm though. But then again, when there is a storm, I follow Mike's Weather Page on FB because the news and the weather channel over sensationalizes these storms. I also do not belong to Truth Social.

I like Ron DeSantis as our governor and I hate that this is happening with the attacking each other.

Politics is ugly business and I can't wait until 2024 is over.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:26 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,122,780 times
Just watched an interview on TWC with Jim Cantore and DeSantis and they brought up homeowners insurance among other things related to the storm and storms that had been through in the past. DeSantis had a lot to say, was on message, and Cantore kept interrupting him before he could finish and said something about “build back better” in relation to storm rebuilding. I found DeSantis to be good and Cantore to be sort of rude and I generally enjoy Cantore’s coverage. All that to say, DeSantis was focused and not deterred by whatever Trump or other detractors might have been saying.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:26 PM

21,183 posts, read 19,798,648 times
You realize there is a presidential campaign going on now, right? Did Trump criticize DeSantis' handling of the Hurricane?

Old 08-31-2023, 02:27 PM

17,735 posts, read 6,977,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This is not cool at all. I knew nothing about a campaign to be quiet about the storm though. But then again, when there is a storm, I follow Mike's Weather Page on FB because the news and the weather channel over sensationalizes these storms. I also do not belong to Truth Social.

I like Ron DeSantis as our governor and I hate that this is happening with the attacking each other.

Politics is ugly business and I can't wait until 2024 is over.
They're not attacking each other. Trump is attacking DeSantis, and has been since before DeSantis was re-elected.

Trump should be attacking Biden and the Democrats. They're the ones trying to lock him up and throw away the key, not to mention destroying the country. Not Ron DeSantis.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:35 PM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Just watched an interview on TWC with Jim Cantore and DeSantis and they brought up homeowners insurance among other things related to the storm and storms that had been through in the past. DeSantis had a lot to say, was on message, and Cantore kept interrupting him before he could finish and said something about “build back better” in relation to storm rebuilding. I found DeSantis to be good and Cantore to be sort of rude and I generally enjoy Cantore’s coverage. All that to say, DeSantis was focused and not deterred by whatever Trump or other detractors might have been saying.
RonnieD won’t answer a question or directly comment on Fla problems. He’s a master deflector. Proved that at the debates and will never address the real issues.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

DeSantis needs to be the GOP nominee, not Trump. I'm almost as tired of Trump's antics as I'm tired of the Marxist Democrats' efforts to destroy him and the country.
Trump knows his followers will literally do whatever he wants. I have never seen anything like this blind, worshipful obedience, outside of some cults.

If he says don't say anything good about DeSantis, then they won't dare.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:39 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

Not a DeSantis fan in any way, shape or form but this is despicable. People's lives were on the line and all Trump can think of is himself. I thought DeSantis carried himself well in the aftermath of the storm, as I would expect any governor to.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Well, that's good. Maybe he has a backbone. Which of course means he will soon be deemed a RINO.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:41 PM

34,099 posts, read 17,163,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not a DeSantis fan in any way, shape or form but this is despicable. People's lives were on the line and all Trump can think of is himself. I thought DeSantis carried himself well in the aftermath of the storm, as I would expect any governor to.
I am happy I voted for Trump in 2016, but I agree. I also thought DeSantis handled this beautifully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies