Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 06:27 AM

3,535 posts, read 5,723,217 times

Advertisements

With the amount of waffling he's done he should be CEO of Waffle House and not a doctor

https://nypost.com/2023/09/02/fauci-...-to-wear-them/

Old 09-03-2023, 06:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,323,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
With the amount of waffling he's done he should be CEO of Waffle House and not a doctor

I'd go for an orange jump suit in a 10 x 10 cell, but your Waffle House idea is also a good one.
This creep needs to be ignored.

Old 09-03-2023, 06:41 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post

Masks shouldn't be a mandate. If someone wants to wear a mask let them wear a mask .If someone don't want to wear a mask don't wear a mask.

In New York and New Jersey they are starting to get cases of covid.

Three family members two in New Jersey and one in New York City just recently this past week got covid. One went into the emergency room they felt so bad. They were all given paxlovid a pill that they take two times a day for I believe it's 5 days.

I don't know about the other states but New York and New Jersey it is infecting people.

Old 09-03-2023, 06:59 AM

19,277 posts, read 17,154,523 times
You do realize that Fauci is retired? As for the usual red-meat approved article from one of the favorite propaganda sources just watch the CNN clip rather than read the printed garbage.

First you have Trump ranting and raving as he does so well then they present the "latest" study, Fauci responds with there are a lot of studies that show masking does make a difference. But the core of what he says is when you have a major illness spreading everywhere that on the individual level it can potentially make a difference.

Why do people act like once something is stated it can never change, is not science constantly changing as new information is learned or discovered?

Old 09-03-2023, 07:08 AM

21,186 posts, read 19,798,648 times
"The Pandemic is over."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIQz0fsX38U

Savior Joe.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:16 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,519,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You do realize that Fauci is retired? As for the usual red-meat approved article from one of the favorite propaganda sources just watch the CNN clip rather than read the printed garbage.

First you have Trump ranting and raving as he does so well then they present the "latest" study, Fauci responds with there are a lot of studies that show masking does make a difference. But the core of what he says is when you have a major illness spreading everywhere that on the individual level it can potentially make a difference.

Why do people act like once something is stated it can never change, is not science constantly changing as new information is learned or discovered?
Whatever Fauci says is completely irrelevant to what scientific understanding on masks and prevention of respiratory virus is. I will repeat slowly. There never has been before, nor now, any solid evidence from randomized clinical trials that any kind of mask (n95, surgical, cloth) prevents or reduces viral transmission. Anyone who says "masks work" is lying or misinformed. We don't know if masks work and we have good reason to believe their effect is small if it exists.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:22 AM

45,261 posts, read 26,518,839 times
Wearing a mask out in public should be made as socially unacceptable as flying the Nazi flag.

As for Fauci, there can be no healing until he’s in prison.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:23 AM

18,184 posts, read 15,761,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
just watch the CNN clip rather than read the printed garbage.

I watched the clip. He said there are lots of studies that show masks do make a difference, but ultimately it comes down to the individual level -- if someone is in an area of increased/widespread infection, then it can make a difference to wear a mask to protect oneself and family members.

This is why I don't think there will be national mask mandates, and other than specific facilities like hospitals and medical centers, it will be up to the individual.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:00 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,519,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post

I watched the clip. He said there are lots of studies that show masks do make a difference, but ultimately it comes down to the individual level -- if someone is in an area of increased/widespread infection, then it can make a difference to wear a mask to protect oneself and family members.

This is why I don't think there will be national mask mandates, and other than specific facilities like hospitals and medical centers, it will be up to the individual.
His exact words:

Quote:
“But there are other studies, Michael, that show at an individual level, for individuals,” they might be protective, he said.
Might be? And what studies? These are weasel words if I ever heard them.

Old 09-03-2023, 08:19 AM

8,504 posts, read 4,582,072 times
God bless Anthony Fauci. A true American patriot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies