Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 04:55 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times

Advertisements

[quote=Scrapiron65;65798107]The envy dripping from you and ocnjgirl is palpable. I understand that people who fail in life suffer from it. You both should try harder to become successful.[/QUOTE

That makes zero sense. If I was jealous there would be posts where I also criticize other rich people. But there are none. So I’m jealous of Trump, but not Musk, not Zuckerberg, not Oprah, not Beyonce, not Tom Brady…just Trump. Yeah, makes all kinds of sense

But if it makes you feel better, because quite obviously you don’t have any actual facts or ideas to bring to the table, then feel free to accuse me of whatever you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
And yet he left office with low unemployment, low inflation, shortages of nothing, world peace and a good feeling about being an American. Stuff that honest, productive members of society actually care about...
“The final employment scorecard delivered during President Donald Trump’s administration on Friday handed the Republican a mantle no politician would envy: He will be the only modern president to leave office with fewer U.S. jobs than when his term began.

The official unemployment rate was 6.3% in January—matching the maximum unemployment rate of the early 2000s downturn—and the official number of unemployed workers was 10.1 million, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). However, these official numbers are a vast undercount of the number of workers being harmed by the weak labor market. In fact, 25.5 million workers—15.0% of the workforce—are either unemployed, otherwise out of work due to the pandemic, or employed but experiencing a drop in hours and pay.“

And there were shortages of everything where are you getting that from? I couldn’t get my cats treats until 2 years ago.

I don’t even blame Trump, it was due to Covid. Just like the inflation that came after was worldwide and due to the economy reopening after Covid.

And it’s only MAGA that felt good to be an American during Trumps reign. I was embarrassed to be for the first time in my life.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And they measure that by crowd size at rallies. How many times have we heard he could't lose. Look at the people at the rallies.

Therefore the Ds cheated. Ii doesn't matter how counties tabulate the votes. Some count early mail in 1st, some count it last. The MAGAs don't give flip. If it's not done their way, the other side cheated.
What they never show are the rows and rows of bare seats. They crush people together around Trump and in areas of the bleachers and take pics. It's really sad.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:09 PM

6,796 posts, read 9,344,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
(blah blah blah stupid stuff)

And it’s only MAGA that felt good to be an American during Trumps reign. I was embarrassed to be for the first time in my life.
Why? And are you embarrassed now? If you aren’t, you should at least be embarrassed by your vote for Joe Biden.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:14 PM

6,796 posts, read 9,344,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Here in this bubble, and on right wing social media, the nation is "falling apart."

Out in the real world, I never see this attitude.

Don't bank on echo chambers giving you good information about how Biden will do on Election Day.

IMO this is why so many conservatives believe in rampant voter fraud. By cozying up inside right slanted social media, and by automatically believing negative input about the president and automatically proclaiming any news they don't want to hear is just B.S., they believe everyone loves Trump and everybody hates the president.
I spend a lot of time ‘in the real world’ and I have a lot of friends who are Democrats. I don’t know anyone who thinks that the country is on the right track and everything is amazing, so I’m surprised you feel that way.

Regardless of politics, folks I know are concerned about inflation, the rising cost of living, gas prices, mortgage interest rates, the housing market, and a number of other topics that transcend politics. And, even among folks who support Joe Biden, their support isn’t emphatic; they don’t think he’s inspiring or doing a particularly good job (even though they would totally vote for him again because ‘vote blue no matter who’).

Old 09-07-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I spend a lot of time ‘in the real world’ and I have a lot of friends who are Democrats. I don’t know anyone who thinks that the country is on the right track and everything is amazing, so I’m surprised you feel that way.

Regardless of politics, folks I know are concerned about inflation, the rising cost of living, gas prices, mortgage interest rates, the housing market, and a number of other topics that transcend politics. And, even among folks who support Joe Biden, their support isn’t emphatic; they don’t think he’s inspiring or doing a particularly good job (even though they would totally vote for him again because ‘vote blue no matter who’).
I didn't say everything is amazing. People complain about all the usual stuff, gas prices, food prices, etc. Anyone over 12 knows mortgage rates go up and mortgage rates go down. People don't fanboy over Biden, no, enraptured obedience is for the GOP. Biden is wonderfully boring. Practically everyone I know is sick of the Trump drama.

Nobody I know tears their hair in hysteria that the nation is plummeting on a crash course with hell. I only see that attitude here.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:23 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
Biden seems to enjoy walking away from our heroic armed forces.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Biden seems to enjoy walking away from our heroic armed forces.
I wonder whether he hates them, but only if they get caught. The winners are ok.

Old 09-08-2023, 04:56 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Here in this bubble, and on right wing social media, the nation is "falling apart."

Out in the real world, I never see this attitude.

Don't bank on echo chambers giving you good information about how Biden will do on Election Day.

IMO this is why so many conservatives believe in rampant voter fraud. By cozying up inside right slanted social media, and by automatically believing negative input about the president and automatically proclaiming any news they don't want to hear is just B.S., they believe everyone loves Trump and everybody hates the president.
If you were to broaden your sources for news and not ONLY get it from left media, you might see a more realistic America.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:44 AM

[quote=Scrapiron65;65800128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

Left yourself wide open for this. Which side of the political spectrum are those named by you? Lefties never criticize their own rich people, it's always evil rich Republicans, well Trump was a democrat and saw what they were doing to this country and he wanted to change that. Biden is an evil man. He is doing what he is told to do. He thinks he's doing well but, he is delusional just like you. Keep on living in your imagination if it helps you to feel better.

I haven't criticized anyone here except Trump. It has nothing to do with him being a Republican. I have stated repeatedly here I'd vote R if it was someone "normal" aka Sununu, Kasich, etc. I'm not a leftie, much as you'd like to pigeonhole me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies