Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 11:38 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A politician who advocated dismantling the police was violently beaten by 4 armed men in front of her kids. When her neighbors tried to intervene they had guns put in their face. Her car was taken with blood pouring down her face.

I wonder if she called the police or a social worker?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ent-carjacking
Of course she called the police. Woke Leftists are the worst hypocrites.

The scary part is that even after this experience, they will go right back espousing their woke nonsense without learning a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2023, 12:22 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Well they say that inside every Liberal is a Conservative ready to come out and all it takes is to be a victim of a crime.

It is pretty horrible to be beaten like that in your driveway and in front of your kids.

Maybe now she will Get it.

I think many Democrats are waking up to realize that their stance on Immigration and Soft on Crime Policies are making a total mess of this country and their own neighborhoods but it probably won't matter much because they will still vote for the "D".

Old 09-09-2023, 12:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
There is already a thread on this.

fixing the police department does not mean you want there to be no police at all.

I would assume most of you want somethings reformed, but not abolished, even if you use the "abolish".

This isnt hard to understand.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:28 PM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I'm sorry but, bwahahaha. Guess she should have been trained, been armed, and been capable of protecting her children, self, neighbors and her property.

That's not the police's job anymore. Not to protect and serve. They are only "law enforcement". Self defense is your responsibility. But the liberals like her have empowered criminals and made it largely illegal to defend your family or property. If you do they will presecute you and ruin you financially.

Then they whine when they get a taste of what others experience every day.

I'm fine with defund the police. But give us the tools and restore our rights to defense first.
IF she'd been armed and shot the guy, I wonder if she too would be charged for defending her life?

Old 09-09-2023, 12:36 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Her post 3 years ago stated to she wanted to dismantle the police department.

DISMANTLE
: to disconnect the pieces of

also : to destroy the integrity or functioning of

If she wanted police reform, she should have said so. So yes, her meaning was hard to understand by the words she used. Stop making excuses. She is a bleating hypocrite.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:36 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is already a thread on this.

fixing the police department does not mean you want there to be no police at all.

I would assume most of you want somethings reformed, but not abolished, even if you use the "abolish".

This isnt hard to understand.
You're being disingenuous.

She didn't say reform. She said police fail blacks and that the police needs to be dismantled and replaced with new infrastructure at the same time her colleagues were talking about social workers over police.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:35 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You posted nothing in your rant that matters to this discussion. No one told police to stand down, and no one defunded the police.

Your argument is based on you believing right wing fears rather than anything realistic or realized.
The victim of the assault and carjacking, in her role as an official in the Democratic Party in Minneapolis, advocated for the dismantling of the police department, as reported in the original article:

Quote:
“We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department,” she wrote in 2020. “MPD has systematically failed the Black Community, they have failed ALL OF US. It’s time to build a new infrastructure that works for ALL communities. If you are still disagreeing with that BASIC FACT, I’m not sure what to say to you.”
Whether or not the police were officially defunded or told to stand down, this official publicly called for their department to be dismantled. In my eyes, it's poetic justice that she was victimized by the entirely predictable result of such an action. That said, I think it's horrible that her children had to witness it.

Old 09-09-2023, 06:20 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I always thought of Minneapolis as a safe, small, midwestern city. Am I wrong or did things change dramatically after floyd?
First a lot of thugs from Chicago migrated in. Then they removed any semblance of an effective police department. You do the math.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:21 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You're being disingenuous.

She didn't say reform. She said police fail blacks and that the police needs to be dismantled and replaced with new infrastructure
in your own post, you agree with what I just said.

Quote:

at the same time her colleagues were talking about social workers over police.
no, they said a social worker should answer a call about a mentally ill person needing to be taken to a care facility, and not a police officer.

I dont even think you disagree with that statement ,you are just bent on disliking the left.

Old 09-10-2023, 04:07 AM

2,045 posts, read 782,588 times
As Jerry Seinfeld would say - "That's a shame."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies