Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2023, 03:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
So in other words, the woman has more rights than a man. If a man doesn't want to pay 18 years of worth of child support, he has no say. If he wants the child he has no say either.

I'm sorry, if anyone is the victim here, it's men. It's just rich a woman started this and is complaining about unequal rights.

No, men should have no more responsibilities than they already have. Leave men alone. I didn't start this thread, whining about men and calling for their vasectomies. It's the knitting circle that is complaining about rights when you have more than enough of them.
This is how the world works. If it's any consolation, the woman has to actually carry the pregnancy, give birth, and even in married families, on average will take far more of the child care and housecleaning *even if working*. If the guy elects to *only* pay and desert his own child otherwise, he won't have to do *any* of the child care or cleaning up after the child, taking care of the child when sick, taking the child to school, or anything else.

But he WILL have to pay.

Life isn't fair. Want to avoid the scenarios above? Wrap it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2023, 03:33 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,520,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is how the world works. If it's any consolation, the woman has to actually carry the pregnancy, give birth, and even in married families, on average will take far more of the child care and housecleaning *even if working*.

Life isn't fair. Want to avoid your scenario above? Wrap it.
Life can be even more unfair. Laws can be changed. For women's sake, it's probably best not to provoke men.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Life can be even more unfair. Laws can be changed. For women's sake, it's probably best not to provoke men.
Interesting that you're saying that men being accountable for deliberately not bothering with birth control is "provoking" them. Hmm.

Haven't seen much evidence of that. If you're saying laws will be changed so women can't collect child support, I doubt it, LOL. (But I did enjoy the ominous tone, very well-written.)

For men's sake, it's best to use birth control and not hope that suddenly, The Handmaid's Tale will occur and men who "are provoked" will help a brother out by letting him off the hook for a pregnancy. Because...chances of this happening before he's paid his 18+ year are small.

Or take a risk and pay the price. It really is that simple. Until that day comes that you're envisioning when apparently women have no rights anymore? Or whatever.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Haven't seen much evidence of that. If you're saying laws will be changed so women can't collect child support, I doubt it, LOL. (But I did enjoy the ominous tone, very well-written.)

For men's sake, it's best to use birth control and not hope that suddenly, The Handmaid's Tale will occur and men who "are provoked" will help a brother out by letting him off the hook for a pregnancy. Because...chances of this happening before he's paid his 18+ year are small.

Or take a risk and pay the price. It really is that simple. Until that day comes that you're envisioning when apparently women have no rights anymore? Or whatever.
Some jurisdictions are already taking away your legal right to abortion.

I'm pro-choice, but reading these kind of glib, men-hating comments, is just lowering it on my list of priorities when I go and vote.

So cackle away.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Some jurisdictions are already taking away your legal right to abortion.

I'm pro-choice, but reading these kind of glib, men-hating comments, is just lowering it on my list of priorities when I go and vote.

So cackle away.
I'm not cackling and I don't hate men. Men being responsible for a pregnancy is not hating men. Is women being responsible for a pregnancy hating women? The fact is, they're both responsible. But now we do have a thread about the men's part in this. We've had plenty of "close your legs" threads if you're missing those. This one addresses the elephant in the room.

So you're saying banning abortion isn't about the child at all? It's because women provoked men? Well, at least someone's finally being honest!

p.s. Women vote, too.

And by the way...taking away a woman's ability to have an abortion only means more responsibility for the man. Correct? So you don't seem to be on women's side. Or men's side. I'm on both. If you don't want a pregnancy don't do what causes a pregnancy. Use protection. It is so simple. Or count on the woman because it "should be" her responsibility, then have a pregnancy.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:41 PM

Quote:

p.s. Women vote, too.
That can be changed too

What are you guys going to do? Start a war with men, and win

Come on, we both know, men have decided to voluntarily share political power with women due to our better natures.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:42 PM

24,037 posts, read 15,144,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
not every unintended pregnancy is unwanted.
ditto :d

Old 09-18-2023, 03:43 PM

Quote:
That can be changed too

What are you guys going to do? Start a war with men, and win

Come on, we both know, men have decided to voluntarily share political power with women due to our better natures.
Are you literally threatening that if men have to be responsible for their own actions, there will be a war?

Okay, so don't use birth control. And then hold out for a war so you don't have to pay child support. Hey, it could happen. Good luck!

Or...(once again for those in the back) take responsibility.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Are you literally threatening that if men have to be responsible for their own actions, there will be a war?

Okay, so don't use birth control. And then hold out for a war so you don't have to pay child support. Hey, it could happen. Good luck!

Or...(once again for those in the back) take responibility.
I didn't create this thread. But the person who did seems to think women have a raw deal. I'm sorry, but the opposite is true.

Some hormonal teenage boy makes 1 mistake, and his whole life is ruined. Meanwhile, 1 hormonal teen girl makes 1 mistake and she can correct that in a clinic.

You tell me which side needs to be complaining.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:48 PM

89,250 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:
Men are already responsible for their actions: 18 or more years of CS payments.

It's women who don't want to be responsible for their actions. They want to have the ability to kill the child they intentionally created by having unprotected sex, just because they don't want a baby. Can you even imagine if men had the exact same right to kill their child just because they don't want to have to pay CS for all those years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies