Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 11:35 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times

Advertisements

Please do whatever it takes to keep your spittal off of others.!

That's guaranteed more effective!

(Masks / faceshields are all about EXHALNG)

But... plenty of documented research shows very clear whatever you're wanting to prove. (studies abound promoting all stances)

Such as 80+% reduction in spray, and significant change in severity of viral infection, based on how volumous you were spit upon. *saturation level

Some people have a VEY high exhale of airborn particulate.

Stand back,
way back.

Take a cleansing shower ASAP.

(don't forget to cleanse your air intake pathways)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2023, 04:42 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Right. What your point, OP? Don't wear it, and let others be. It's not a law.
No, but it has been a form of tyranny.

Old 09-17-2023, 04:49 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Sounds like a bad 80s horror movie
Chiller Theater

Old 09-17-2023, 05:29 AM

2,036 posts, read 1,604,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I guess the cloth mask are good if you want to steal or rob a bank.
Some people have done it even with N95 masks, under the ruse of Covid regulations.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ch3XC...JvYmJlcg%3D%3D

Old 09-17-2023, 08:21 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
No, prior guidance was only healthcare workers to wear respirators when treating patients with influenza like illnesses, and this was always tempered with that they probably don't work. I pulled the old CDC guidelines from 2009, in case amnesia has set in.

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/masks.htm#table1

The general public were never recommended to wear masks, even if contact with people with ILI. And HCW were recommended to wear respirators but per memory, almost none did.

Funny how much science changed from 2009 to 2020. Very funny.
I didn't recommend that the general public mask. I was speaking about patients coming in...

Old 09-17-2023, 08:59 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
So, since your son was an outlier, and liked wearing his play-mask (probably because mommy cooed and chirped whenever he wore it), who cares about all the studies proving permanent developmental delays due to the idiotic and useless forced masking of small kids.

Your compassion is boundless.
I think she was responding to me but I've had her blocked for years now due to the dribble. In response - so your son did well - he's a lot older than the children I know who needed speech therapy and no they couldn't see the teacher's lips - many refused to unmask which was stupid because how could they do their job pf a child can't see how you are moving your lips.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:02 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,499,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I didn't recommend that the general public mask. I was speaking about patients coming in...
Before COVID19, masks were never recommended even for patients with the flu either. Just HCW taking care of patients with ILI during pandemics or high community transmission.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Gosh, hard to believe that was back in 2012. Time flies. I thought it was a bad business on part of the baker to refuse the business. Had I been refused service because I was gay, I would have done everything I could on Social Media, through the Press, etc. to demonize the bakery. And, I wouldn’t have wanted to give the bakery a dime of my money. So, in the end, I was good with the couple taking their business elsewhere, and I certainly would have supported their efforts to bankrupt the bakery.

Now back to endless arguing about masking.
You missed the whole point - but I'm not surprised. And if you're going to quibble about someone not wanting your business when there are many other businesses that do - you are foolish. Their loss not yours and your life must be pretty boring or you have a need to fight all the time. Life is too short - you need to learn to pick your battles wisely.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:17 AM

Honoose and I don't often agree on things but everyone was taken by surprise by Covid and things were implemented to hopefully protect people from getting it.

As time progressed though and we found that certain things weren't necessary why other treatments actually worked was when all went haywire. Unfortunately, the political bigwigs voices were listened to while anyone with a dissenting opinion was ignored. Many places would not have required masking but our leaders put rules in place that people had to conform to or else.

It always surprised me that those for masks couldn't understand the stupidity of having to wear a mask in a restaurant or bar unless taking a bite or a drink. You have everyone exhaling in a closed area because they were eating and no one thought it strange. Covid didn't stop spreading because you were eating.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:17 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Before COVID19, masks were never recommended even for patients with the flu either. Just HCW taking care of patients with ILI during pandemics or high community transmission.
What medical position(s) have you held?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies