Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 12:32 PM

59,052 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, maybe so -- but I am seeing less and less bible influence in U.S. society today, generally speaking.

(Btw, I am an agnostic deist who was raised Methodist, so I am about as neutral on the subject as it is possible to be UNTIL some Christian evangelist starts talking about those who don't believe as they do, saying that they are evil and will burn in hell, etc., but seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas carols don't bother me a bit.)
"but seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas carols don't bother me a bit.)"

Good for you.

Do you see the irony how so many on the left attack Christians and yet still give CHRISTmas presents want to receive them, decorate their homes etc?

I call that hypocrisy at it's finest!

Old 11-07-2023, 12:32 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,032,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Just fire every fed govt worker who was hired during the Obama years. There goes the deep state.
That will help, but this anti-constitutional 4th branch has much deeper roots than Obama years.

Old 11-07-2023, 01:23 PM

6,983 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
I am concerned that they will be TOO conservative for my liking -- meaning a return to ignoring minorities and instituting fundamentalist bible-thumping beliefs into government. I think it is unfortunate that "heritage" to many people means a return to "Euro-white Christian" (and exclusively heterosexual) culture.

However, if this organization would just stick to a policy of liberty for all (so long as such liberty does not physically harm anyone) and a complete "reinstatement" of First Amendment rights (and especially an end to censorship in virtually all cases).

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...f%20grievances.
Minorities SHOULD be ignored. The solution if you are in that camp is to move somewhere that your minority position is the majority.

Old 11-07-2023, 01:42 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
And how are things going, generally? Are people getting along better or worse than in recent years?
Worse, but I would attribute that much more to social media than lack of bible instruction.

Old 11-07-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I am concerned that they will be TOO conservative for my liking -- meaning a return to ignoring minorities and instituting fundamentalist bible-thumping beliefs into government. I think it is unfortunate that "heritage" to many people means a return to "Euro-white Christian" (and exclusively heterosexual) culture.

However, if this organization would just stick to a policy of liberty for all (so long as such liberty does not physically harm anyone) and a complete "reinstatement" of First Amendment rights (and especially an end to censorship in virtually all cases).

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...f%20grievances.
They will be. They say NO abortion, including the morning after pill, and no euthanasia (I think euthanasia should be available to those with painful and incurable illness).
They also want to get rid of employer-sponsored health care. It sounds like they just want a free market, mostly unregulated, that will leave millions without adequate health care.

Then there's marriage, which sounds like it comes straight from the Bible:

Goal #3: Promoting Stable and Flourishing Married Families. Families
comprised of a married mother, father, and their children are the foundation of
a well-ordered nation and healthy society."

Old 11-07-2023, 02:27 PM

559 posts, read 296,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Minorities SHOULD be ignored. The solution if you are in that camp is to move somewhere that your minority position is the majority.
Have we not learned anything over the past 250 years?

Old 11-07-2023, 06:09 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Worse, but I would attribute that much more to social media than lack of bible instruction.
You swapped "influence" for "instruction," completely changing the idea I was agreeing with.

I thought this forum was better than twitter and that the people here were more careful with their words.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:33 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here are the 4 pillars of Project 2025.

I'm not seeing - at all - that these initiatives will bring about the kind of change posters on this forum want to see.

I doubt many people would even notice if these changes were implemented.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/04/...ive-president/

I think most people would notice and appreciate #4 - Schedule F. It really is time to reign in the career civil servants from making and enforcing "policy". Many of these agencies ( Department of Education, ATF, FBI, HUD, the entire Justice Department, IRS etc) are literally writing, interpreting and enforcing law. Nobody voted on it. Nobody signed it into law. Per the Constitution, that's not the way it's suppose to work.
Trump tried to stop it by making bureaucrats engaging in policy making more accountable. To no one's surprise, Biden reversed the Executive Order and it's just business as usual.
It's ironic to me that so many of the people screaming 'Democracy!" are ok with unelected civil servants writing their own laws. Nothing could be more anti-Democracy.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You swapped "influence" for "instruction," completely changing the idea I was agreeing with.

I thought this forum was better than twitter and that the people here were more careful with their words.

It doesn't change the post though. I think social media is far more responsible than lack of Bible influence.

There was a lack of Bible influence even when I grew up in the 70's. Most people I knew did not go to church or were very religious. But did not behave so boorishly. The only thing different now is social media and the internet.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:18 AM

7,925 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
I am curious why you think you are far right? I agree with most of your posts, and I never found anything to indicate that you are what I would consider to be far right, which I define as being a white evangelical Christian white bigot who hates anyone who is not white, Christian and heterosexual, and who also has the attitude that the U.S. is -- and has always been -- the greatest country in the world and that anyone who doesn't think so should be deported.
You're buying the bull chips. The left is far more racist than the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.