Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2023, 03:03 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,623,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
you people are being had...big time

March 2, 2023
China is building six times more new coal plants than other countries
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/11604...ies-report-fin
======
Feb 27, 2023
China permits two new coal power plants per week in 2022
https://energyandcleanair.org/public...-week-in-2022/
=======
In the first half of 2023, construction was started on 37 gigawatts (GW) of new coal power capacity, 52 GW was permitted, while 41 GW of new projects were announced and 8 GW of previously shelved projects were revived. Of the permitted projects, 10 GW of capacity has already moved to construction.
https://energyandcleanair.org/public...the-bandwagon/
========
Apr 23, 2023
Local governments approved more coal power in first three months of 2023 than all of 2021
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eutral-pledges
Thank you. Saves me the trouble of typing for the gazillionth time..."yep...tell it to China."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 03:45 PM

579 posts, read 432,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
so the place with the most humans would be the larger problem? makes sense. Back to china we are!
Lol, and we're number 3, with more energy use per capita.

Old 09-27-2023, 03:52 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Default !s

Quote:
pssst: you dont actually READ these things do you? in the last 24 hours you have posted material that you claim is authoritative yet contradicts each other. In my example, for example, in the last 323 years someone posited that the sea level has risen over FL 3 ft yet you just posted a link that listed it at 1ft in 100 years. IF it was linear, it more than holds, but it is not because the rate of change has been slowing. In fact, the rise predicted by the end of your link was the rise predicted FOR 2000. From the same people. Its already 23 years late. so they re-baselined it (no, they actually did...they even sed so)

and of course the great irony that you use a link from NOAA while proclaiming in 4 posts now, that NASA is the controlling agency. You ARE allowed to follow the links and read and if the words give pause, just ask. Those of us who understand it, will help. I promise
I've concluded you simply like to argue. Or worse, you are convinced in your head that you are all-knowing. If you don't believe me, ask your ex! You wore her out too.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:05 PM

10,845 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
Lol, and we're number 3, with more energy use per capita.

thats not the problem. If we are efficient this and energy star that and the future state is *all* capita be the same (yanno, equity and all that) since china is more than us, a lot more, and increasing daily...hmmm

Old 09-27-2023, 07:31 PM

21,930 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Man. You left a gaping hole in the reasons for higher food prices.

1. record profits. 54% of food price increase was recorded by increased profits. https://namanet.org/movement-news/fo...t%20of%20labor.

2. The cost of energy. And especially trucking. https://www.imf.org/en/Blogs/Article...energy-la-nina

3. The cost of fertilizer (does that sound 'green to you'). It skyrocketed. Think Ukraine.

4. Overall inflation on the COGS.

5. Worldwide demand is WAY up for specialty items like seafood. As countries get richer, so goes the price of seafood.
What Democrats fail to realize is that profits are up because NUMBERS ARE INFLATED. It's disingenuous.

Before:

Revenue: $500
Costs: $100
Profit: $400

After:

Revenue: $600
Costs. $120
Profit: $480

So you Democrats get to say profits are higher than ever which is based on INFLATION. Nice try manipulating stats though. It's what we expect from you.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:32 PM

Quote:
false.

'republicans' do not think climate change is a hoax. not at all. Republicans would by nature be educated in the hard sciences and actually know 'science' and ergo would recognize that the climate of the planet changes constantly. However, a good science loving republican would recognize that the 'climate emergency' is in fact a hoax. There is no 'tipping point' .... never has been, never will be, unless man does decide to do something very stupid about it, like I dunno, the current democrat initiative world wide to deforest the planet. google up how many acres a DAY they clear cut, with no replacement. OR perhaps make everything out of concrete or perhaps listen to Bill the Idiot Gates who wants to implement his fav movie 'snow piercer' or even recklessly engage in a nuke war with russia to block out the sun. All of those things ARE ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Your use of a gas powered car, microwave and drinking beer has nothing to do with it.
Tipping point is just the new Democrat buzzword for give us more money.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know why schools are bringing this crap into the classrooms. Kids have so much to worry about these days from school shootings, to Covid, to Climate change killing them, to, are they a Racist White Supremacist, to, were they born into the wrong body and that they need to decide if they fit into the LGBQTIxyz categories....

My Niece was hit with this garbage when one of her teachers wore BLM Tshirts on dress down day and she was spouting the usual Lefty talking points about Racism. The ongoing "lessons" left my then 11 year old Niece feeling ashamed that she was White.

HOW Crazy is THAT?

The Left is really doing a number on our kids and placing them in a continuous state of FEAR and that will manifest itself into STRESS for years to come.
Nailed it, my friend!

Old 09-27-2023, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know why schools are bringing this crap into the classrooms. Kids have so much to worry about these days from school shootings, to Covid, to Climate change killing them, to, are they a Racist White Supremacist, to, were they born into the wrong body and that they need to decide if they fit into the LGBQTIxyz categories....

My Niece was hit with this garbage when one of her teachers wore BLM Tshirts on dress down day and she was spouting the usual Lefty talking points about Racism. The ongoing "lessons" left my then 11 year old Niece feeling ashamed that she was White.

HOW Crazy is THAT?

The Left is really doing a number on our kids and placing them in a continuous state of FEAR and that will manifest itself into STRESS for years to come.
Nailed it, my friend!

And I will go further and say they need to STOP with the lockdown drills. The chances of a school shooting are infinitesimally small, so the purpose of these drills is to make the kids into nice gun fearing Democrat drones. It's unconscionable.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:30 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I trust the experts in this field, and the science (and I mean the science promoted by the National Academy of Sciences and the UK's Royal Society). Satellite measures can take the average temperature of the planet in real time.

Face it. Global Warming is a thing AND humans are the overwhelming cause of it.
Ré Underlined: Data supports that statement.

Ré Bolded: I have seen no data or evidence that justifies this conclusion.

How exactly do you know this?

Old 09-27-2023, 10:22 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What Democrats fail to realize is that profits are up because NUMBERS ARE INFLATED. It's disingenuous.

Before:

Revenue: $500
Costs: $100
Profit: $400

After:

Revenue: $600
Costs. $120
Profit: $480

So you Democrats get to say profits are higher than ever which is based on INFLATION. Nice try manipulating stats though. It's what we expect from you.
Thanks for the lecture.

You're mistaken on so many fronts.
1. I'm a registered Republican. I voted for ONE democrat in my life. Because of a guy whose name rhymes with Rump. Give me A-N-Y one of the people debating tonight, and I will vote for him or her. If it's Rump, I'll vote for the senile Biden.
2. I'm a business owner.
3. I hang out with business owners.
4. I sell to business owners.
5. 95% of those I engage with are Republicans.
5. Because we all could, business owners raised our margins! Many businesses were printing money! As in, skyrocketing margins! I applaud them for doing so.

Spare me with your juvenile math example.

Now pay attention. You can learn something.

From: https://phys.org/news/2022-06-food-g...s-profits.html "A recent report by Oxfam International has found that 62 new "food billionaires" were created during the pandemic....reportedly raised their collective wealth by 42 percent in the past two years, all while global food prices soared by 33.6 percent in 2021...."

From: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/inv...ation/3089035/ "Kroger, which operates Food 4 Less and Ralphs, reported $732 million in net income in the second quarter of this year, up 43% from the same time in 2021."

I can go on for an hour. YES, part of the increased profits are reduced by inflation. And YES, many farmers' profits are WAY down because their increased inflationary costs have outpaced what they can command in higher prices.

The bottom line is there was (past tense) never a better time to hike prices. Because you could. And no, it's not evil. I did the same damn thing. In my little world, I made an extra couple hundred Grand based on the Law of Supply and Demand. Bring back COVID! lol I could tell you a hundred stories about how people I know raised their margins WELL above inflation. They killed it! Congrats!

I guess that makes me one of those evil "loser' Democrats because I called out what actually happened.

It is a dog-eat-dog world. There are times when you are losing $. And no one is sympathetic. So when you can raise margins, you do. That's reality. For whatever reason, you decided to read into my facts of why food prices went way up and assume I needed some math. lol

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 09-27-2023 at 10:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies