Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2023, 12:55 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatteredthunder View Post
You really like to talk about China.

I'd be curious to know the impacts of both our and China's pollution and coal plant production if we weren't buying up gobs of Chinese goods. If our emissions indeed haven't increased in decades (I didn't look into it), is it in part because we don't produce as much? If we started making everything (that we currently buy from China) within the US, would we not have more emissions here? If China were not the manufacturing powerhouse that it is today, and still living a poorer lifestyle, they would use a lot less energy. Maybe we should all go back to that? It sounds as though you want to place blame on them - trying to move to a higher standard of living - and don't want to take responsibility for our part in it.
I guarantee that China doesn't have the regulations on clear air that we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It How does one prove that? would be true to say that it is believed that humans are causing it but proving it as such would be difficult. That's because we do not have a parallel control to compare with. Also, global warming has occurred in the past, without human intervention. There was the Roman warm period and then the Medieval warm period. We are currently still cooler than those periods. Also consider that the earth has just come out of the Little Ice Age. That does not imply that we are not responsible or are major contributors, it only means it's difficult to prove that it is us or entirely us.
Why BOTHER proving it when you have activist teachers like mine in the OP? You don't NEED proof. And you get a lot of money funneled around various agencies and...maybe Democrat politicians (and maybe some Republicans, too).

Old 09-28-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It’s not brainwashing. It’s just reality and common sense. Our planet has had natural climate changes over thousands of years. It’s been very slowly though. But it’s happening much faster now because humans are increasing the greenhouse effect. How about you read up on that.
Tell me you have not read this thread without telling me you have not read this thread.

Old 09-28-2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
no China is.....

the USA, EU, Japan, even Russia....have decreased their CO2 emissions

....China is the only country that has increased their CO2 emissions enough to matter

and China has increased it's CO2 emissions 12 times more

China is 100% responsible for all of global warming for the past 1/2 century

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ederations.png

for some reason.....liberals would rather choke on their own vomit...than blame China
Also notably absent of blame for....the Wuhan created virus that killed millions....

Old 09-28-2023, 02:12 PM

10,947 posts, read 4,610,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I've concluded you simply like to argue. Or worse, you are convinced in your head that you are all-knowing. If you don't believe me, ask your ex! You wore her out too.

Lord no Im not all knowing. Im just knowing more than, well... ;-)

and yes, I do have an EX and she STILL comes to me 17 years later for the hard and tech stuff. Once you make your bones, the bones are made. You wont understand that, but still.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:13 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Lord no Im not all knowing. Im just knowing more than, well... ;-)

and yes, I do have an EX and she STILL comes to me 17 years later for the hard and tech stuff. Once you make your bones, the bones are made. You wont understand that, but still.
I read people for a living. I've got your number. It wasn't a lucky guess. I'm going to rep you for admitting it. Progress! +1. But.. If you want proof, just ask her.

Old 09-28-2023, 06:52 PM

10,947 posts, read 4,610,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I read people for a living.

no you dont

Quote:
I've got your number.
trust me you really dont

Quote:
It wasn't a lucky guess.

actually, it was, but, given the marriage rates in the US, duh.

Quote:
But.. If you want proof, just ask her.

dont give up your day job. I can pm you her number and she will tell you, as she tells everyone else, and I quote "if he tells you you have a duck on your head, reach up and remove it before it <s-word> on you" (one of her fav sayings)

You had no ability to expect that and you have less ability to understand why. But I have to say to you, not ONE WORD I have ever typed here, is UNTRUE. proceed cautiously. or not. I assure you, you are not clever. Im not being insulting, Im just once again iterating, what is. no mas, no menos. Work on accepting things, that are outside of your desires.

Old 09-29-2023, 05:17 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
You had no ability to expect that and you have less ability to understand why. But I have to say to you, not ONE WORD I have ever typed here, is UNTRUE. proceed cautiously. or not. I assure you, you are not clever. Im not being insulting, Im just once again iterating, what is. no mas, no menos. Work on accepting things, that are outside of your desires.
Here is what I know. You are unable to admit when you are wrong. The fact that you had to capitalize "not ONE WORD" is further telling. It stems from having a God complex. I mean, you literally called a few extremely gifted and talented people who have dominated in business "lucky, and an "IDIOT". And no matter what someone shows you, you continue to double down. Or you need to drop names in an attempt to show just how right you are when you might have watched them walk by in the hallway or had 20 minutes of interaction.

I believe you are incapable of absorbing when you are wrong. Including, telling me how rosey of a relationship you have with your ex! I mean, we know it was HER fault. And of course, she still idolizes your eminence! But no, I cannot read your personality. You're a tough nut to understand. lol You're killing me!

Old 09-29-2023, 06:12 AM

59,312 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It’s not brainwashing. It’s just reality and common sense. Our planet has had natural climate changes over thousands of years. It’s been very slowly though. But it’s happening much faster now because humans are increasing the greenhouse effect. How about you read up on that.
I've read PLENTY!

Still waiting for Miami to go under water like algore said would happen in "10 years"

How may years has it been now?

Old 09-29-2023, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I've read PLENTY!

Still waiting for Miami to go under water like algore said would happen in "10 years"

How may years has it been now?
I just got back from Miami. Looked the same to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies