Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2023, 09:01 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeet View Post
MORE OVER, you have 'No Idea' how bank loans in RE Development work'....NONE, Zero, Nada.

Do some research on Construction and Development loans.

also, read some websites on Commercial Finance and Refinance process

The judge is another paid Moron... this case will be over-turned. MOST REDICULOUS abuse of DA power in the history of New York

(Jaysus)~

And are YOU a banker? Prey tell... by the way, it's "ridiculous" and so it is.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:03 PM

13,447 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Lying on any financial forms which requires ones attestation of truth and accuracy is still…..

FRAUD

Who is the victim? If the bank accepted Trump's numbers and charged him interest rates and Trump paid them back, again where is the fraud. You need a victim and negative numbers for the victim. Democrats crack me up but then again they feel capitalism is a crime on itself.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:05 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Who is the victim? If the bank accepted Trump's numbers and charged him interest rates and Trump paid them back, again where is the fraud. You need a victim and negative numbers for the victim. Democrats crack me up but then again they feel capitalism is a crime on itself.
So you believe that this law should be broken?

How about other laws?

Old 09-26-2023, 09:05 PM

73 posts, read 45,726 times
Quote:
Bogus lawsuit. Who is the victim? The banks had no problem with the numbers since they have to do their own appraisals and dictate the interest rates to be pay back which Trump paid back with interest. So again, who is the victim? Democrats have turned country into a banana republic.
To be clear the suit is civil not criminal as it is a civil crime. The issue presented is the defrauding of banks, insurers, barrowers, and clients/buyers who took on an increase in risk due to being misled, which sometimes did lead to losses. The state is seeking 250million in damages on their behalf as well as to terminate trumps LLCs so he cannot do it again.

It may be a political tool, or he pissed too many off... either way its not bogus... he just doesnt have the right friends to avoid the issue anymore.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I seriously encourage anyone interested to skim the judgment. Page 21 has a footnote quoting the Marx Brothers. This is after the clowns tried to argue that square footage was "subjective".
LOL -- so Trump exaggerated the values when seeking loans, but then he minimized the values for tax purposes. What a stellar guy! NOT...he. is. a. criminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
And are YOU a banker? Prey tell... by the way, it's "ridiculous" and so it is.

I dealt with banks for years. I sold 5 properties and my wife's side of the family a lot more since they ar in the real estate business. I also sold cars for more value than the blue book stated and the bank approved it because I backed it up and the buyer agreed.

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Quote:

You are really reaching here. You sign a contract that says the information you provided is true. Trump committed fraud for years and now you trying to say it is acceptable. I bet you defended ENRON also.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
LOL -- so Trump exaggerated the values when seeking loans, but then he minimized the values for tax purposes. What a stellar guy! NOT...he. is. a. criminal.

You know the higher is the value the higher taxes and higher payments for interest rates he paid. So if the bank agreed with the value and they got paid back with the interest rates they picked, so who is the victim?

You know what is fraud? LOL

Old 09-26-2023, 09:09 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,313,910 times
Quote:
Bogus lawsuit. Who is the victim? The banks had no problem with the numbers since they have to do their own appraisals and dictate the interest rates to be pay back which Trump paid back with interest. So again, who is the victim? Democrats have turned country into a banana republic.
Very simplified version:
The way it works is you overstate the value of your property and proposed development.
The banks only going to finance some part of that, say 40% of the value as backed by colleteral.
You bring in 3 other investors and and have each of them invest for 20% of the development's value.
The other investors don't talk to each other thanks to the NDA they signed.
After the development is is moving along, or at or nearing completion, you declare the development has failed, which is easy to do because the initial valuation was way overstated. You declare bankruptcy.
Everyone loses their investment, and your other shell company buys the development at pennies on the dollar.

variation 2:
You overstate the value, the bank puts in 40%, and three other investors (NDA again) put in 40% each.
You've got 160% of the value, declare bankruptcy because no way can you repay those investor's 160%
keep the change.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump is the only guy charged, while the rest of the big financial guys who did the same juggling are overlooked. Because its Trump, it is the crime of the century.

Charge is more ropa dope to bleed trump's cash and tie him in legal knots to prevent him from running.

Will be overturned.

The teflon don is biden.
Poor little Orange Guy...your defense of him is very touching. I may feel sorry a little after I stop laughing. Seriously, this is no laughing matter -- you guys keep defending a man who is a proven con man and a traitor. Just because you don't believe it doesn't make it false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.