Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 11:51 PM

6,093 posts, read 3,334,624 times

Advertisements

I consider the US similar to South Africa. They are a failed state, and we are headed down that road.

But would do failed states do? They seize land from private citizens or foreigners.

The Chinese, and everyone else, should be very careful investing in land in the US. Because once the economic situation becomes completely untenable, seizing foreign owned land will be one of the first things they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 12:06 AM

7,183 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Fetterman is not an idiot, he just likes to portray himself as one so people will not expect much from him.
The stroke didn't help.

I'm so glad they reversed the clothing decision that had him looking like a bum on the senate floor.

He said it is tough to find a suit for his size. Has he ever heard of the Big and Tall shops? There are plenty of NFL and NBA players that look great in their suits and they are bigger than Fetterman. Maybe Schumer can start a Go Fund me so Fetterman can dress the part?
Maybe Fetterman doesn’t have the funds that NFL and NBA players spend on clothes. I don’t think a “big and tall” shop can accommodate someone who is 6’8”.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:32 AM

598 posts, read 1,027,047 times
I remember DeSantis said something about Chinese owning land in Florida and everyone said he was racist, but Fetterman is allowed to say Chinese shouldn't own land.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:12 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Maybe Fetterman doesn’t have the funds that NFL and NBA players spend on clothes. I don’t think a “big and tall” shop can accommodate someone who is 6’8”.
You're seriously making excuses for this guy? Typical.

Old 10-02-2023, 08:22 AM

29,447 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Pennsylvania Senator John Fetterman says that China and other U.S. adversaries shouldn't own American farmland.

https://nationalfile.com/video-fette...d-us-farmland/

I agree with him on this.
One can be an idiot and still have a little common sense.

Old 10-02-2023, 12:32 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,312,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Fetterman is not an idiot, he just likes to portray himself as one so people will not expect much from him.
The stroke didn't help.

I'm so glad they reversed the clothing decision that had him looking like a bum on the senate floor.

He said it is tough to find a suit for his size. Has he ever heard of the Big and Tall shops? There are plenty of NFL and NBA players that look great in their suits and they are bigger than Fetterman. Maybe Schumer can start a Go Fund me so Fetterman can dress the part?
He would need EXTRA Big and EXTRA Tall, which is a specialty size now made and off rack. Are his shorts and hoodies too small? Problem is those sizes are in everyday wear. Suits are the problem. How much of a demand for Men's Suits are there today, let alone off the rack in Specialty Sizes. Welcome to the world of Business Casual. My husband stopped needing to wear a suit and tie (42/34) in Corporate Offices about 30 years ago.

Edit: Dress Pants and Button Down Shirts, minus matching jacket and tie, are good enough for Business, but not Congress? Should women in Congress need to wear dresses, hose, and high heels?

Last edited by Jo48; 10-02-2023 at 12:48 PM..

Old 10-02-2023, 04:38 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,175,151 times
He is not new to politics and I have no doubt he has more than enough money/salary to afford big and tall clothes.

I worked with men tall as he is and much bigger so that is BS he can't find his size or can't afford to wear proper clothing. IMHO he is a slob with hygiene and self respect to wear proper clothing for the job he is paid to do.

Even a low paid clerk dresses better than he does. Maybe it's time to start making elected officials wear uniforms paid for out of their salaries and not given uniform money or dry cleaning money. Have the Senators wear one color and the Congressmen wear another color and so on. The public should be screaming for this idea to get to see how ridiculous this is to allow.

Or how about he dress like the Saudi's wearing a long robe made to fit. That would at least look and hopefully be cleaned and pressed. Better than the "I give up" sweats and hoodies. He isn't bonding with the average person who dresses down at home or in a rush in the supermarket.

Old 10-02-2023, 05:53 PM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Saying you oppose it while you do nothing and your party supports it( both parties now) means nothing. He's a doofus, he has no idea what to say on any issue.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:02 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,098,948 times
An idiot in a hoodie says foreign countries shouldn’t own American farmland.

On the other hand a bunch of geniuses in suits have sold off Arizona’s farmland and water and now communities in AZ can’t get water.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...thills-drought

Which would I rather have in charge of policy.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
The only funds he had were from his wealthy Republican parents as he never worked his whole life until he found politics. A complete leach off society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies