Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 08:35 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,713,423 times

Advertisements

Americans were already going abroad for certain kinds of surgery. And now Mexico may end up becoming the last resort for abortion. I don't know which is more depressing - that Americans go elsewhere since their longtime rights are curtailed at home, or that so many people still don't understand how desperately some people may be for an abortion. I hope everyone has heard of coat-hanger abortions?

A New Border Crossing: Americans Turn to Mexico for Abortions
Clinics in Tijuana and Mexico City, as well as activists in the northwestern city of Hermosillo, say they have seen women crossing the border from Texas, Louisiana and Arizona seeking access to abortion.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-cr...120035908.html

Old 10-02-2023, 09:29 PM

6,401 posts, read 2,728,255 times
When did the United States make Abortion illegal? Oh, that's right it hasn't.

A clinic in TJ? Do you mean the city that is right next to one of the most "abortion-friendly" states in the US, California? They are coming from Arizona? You mean the State that allows abortion up to 15 weeks?

What's sad, and a bit twisted, is that people turn killing a baby into an excuse for a vacation. And then trying to turn it into something political where they are the ones who are totally "normal", and everyone else is the ones that are wrong. Just because someone will go to a certain extent doesn't make it right or people should be enabling them to do it.

I'd say there is a bit more to this story and this probably has something to do with it

Quote:
Luisa García, director of Profem’s clinics in Tijuana and Mexico City, said she would typically see only one patient a month crossing the border to Mexico, where clinics offer abortion care at a lower price than in the United States. But this year, she has received at least 80 calls from American numbers requesting appointments.
Cost...it's cheaper in Mexico for the Procedure and I would bet that they even see many from California and other States where Abortion is welcomed. But they can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Old 10-02-2023, 09:32 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,804,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Americans were already going abroad for certain kinds of surgery. And now Mexico may end up becoming the last resort for abortion. I don't know which is more depressing - that Americans go elsewhere since their longtime rights are curtailed at home, or that so many people still don't understand how desperately some people may be for an abortion. I hope everyone has heard of coat-hanger abortions?l]
I'm sure everyone else has also heard of condoms, spermicidal jelly, IUD and abstinence

Old 10-02-2023, 10:15 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,284,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Cost...it's cheaper in Mexico for the Procedure and I would bet that they even see many from California and other States where Abortion is welcomed. But they can't say that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Why doesn't that fit the narrative? We believe there should be affordable abortion access in all the states, even the southern ones. Of course anyone rich in any state can fly to Cali and get an abortion, but if non rich have to go to Mexico for reproductive health care, then we're not providing the right access in our country.

Old 10-02-2023, 10:29 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
When did the United States make Abortion illegal? Oh, that's right it hasn't.

A clinic in TJ? Do you mean the city that is right next to one of the most "abortion-friendly" states in the US, California? They are coming from Arizona? You mean the State that allows abortion up to 15 weeks?

What's sad, and a bit twisted, is that people turn killing a baby into an excuse for a vacation. And then trying to turn it into something political where they are the ones who are totally "normal", and everyone else is the ones that are wrong. Just because someone will go to a certain extent doesn't make it right or people should be enabling them to do it.

I'd say there is a bit more to this story and this probably has something to do with it

Except lots of women who have never had an abortion and would never get one (as well as many men) are of the mind that it's none of their business if someone else gets an abortion.

Old 10-02-2023, 10:46 PM

25,930 posts, read 18,928,859 times
Because practicing any one or number of the multitude of birth control methods is rocket science.

Logical Pet Control: I had my dog spayed.

Pet Control for those who can't comprehend Logical Pet Control: I pulled the puppies out with a pair of pliers and flushed them down the toilet.

Old 10-02-2023, 10:54 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 13 days ago)

1,345 posts, read 671,959 times
And the soulless progs are fine with abortion right up to the moment of birth and beyond - truly barbaric..

Old 10-02-2023, 10:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,052,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
And the soulless progs are fine with abortion right up to the moment of birth and beyond - truly barbaric..
The majority of Democrats believe there should be a limit to when one can have an abortion.

Up until birth truly would be horrific. Show us the time this happened. Also show us the doctor that would kill a 40-week fetus, rather than, you know, childbirth.

Old 10-02-2023, 11:02 PM

6,401 posts, read 2,728,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except lots of women who have never had an abortion and would never get one (as well as many men) are of the mind that it's none of their business if someone else gets an abortion.
There are a lot of things that a vast majority of men and women would never do. But that doesn't mean it is right if someone wants to do it.

One has to wonder how far the "none of my business" crowd is really willing to go before they will step in.

Old 10-02-2023, 11:05 PM

30,686 posts, read 18,313,977 times
I find it repulsive that Americans, faced with many choices and options to avoid pregnancy (and let’s be clear: the overwhelming majority of pregnancies are the result of consensual sex), are traveling significant distances to snuff out innocent life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies