Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 03:00 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Keep your enemies close and your friends closer.
Fox fired Carlson because the guy couldn't control his mouth, and that's what made him popular.

Carlson is still getting a Fox paycheck because it was cheapest way to silence him and keep him out of a competitive network's paws. That paycheck comes with a signed binding non-compete agreement that's so strong ol' Tucker gonna have Alzheimer's before Fox cuts him loose.
Carlson was the only legit person in prime time network questioning the war in Ukraine and the U.S. establishment and Fox is a corporate network after all. I know the leadership of both parties were calling Fox Headquarters to take him off the air many times. McConnell and the GOP leadership in D.C. wanted him gone. He doesn't follow the war script.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:11 PM

27,124 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think it will be a struggle for Trump to win in 2024.

I doubt his support will have grown since 2020--considering his 91 charges against him in many states, as well as his indictments.

He does still have a very strong base of supporters (surprisingly), but I would think there's a large group who might have voted for him before, that have been majorly turned off by his antics the past few years.

Biden and his administration have done a good job, for the most part.

Add in the Gen Z and Millenial surge in voters for 2024, and that could be the big differentiator for Democrats.

It's still very early, but I don't see Trump winning at all.
Yet now voters know what 4 years of Trump was and what (by the time of Election Day) 4 years of Biden.
Not many have had a fun ride on the latter.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:20 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
'Forgive my ignorance here please but what is the big deal that Trump won Iowa?

I mean it's only one so far, right?

Old 01-19-2024, 07:10 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,283,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
'Forgive my ignorance here please but what is the big deal that Trump won Iowa?

I mean it's only one so far, right?

Well they threw the kitchen sink at him and he doubled his support in Iowa from 2016 from 24% and 2nd place to 51% and 1st place. He is beating everybody in the field by a wider margin than 2016. That's the big deal. How many states with the same trend you need to see to get the picture that Trump is stronger than 2020 and Biden is weaker.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:13 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yet now voters know what 4 years of Trump was and what (by the time of Election Day) 4 years of Biden.
Not many have had a fun ride on the latter.
correct

Old 02-18-2024, 05:17 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Trump will win due to the Dems having nothing at this point other than an empty suit as a candidate. Obviously, the Dems are not listening to legal experts concerning these bogus cases against Trump, or they wouldn't be embarrassing themselves the way they are, but I guess they are used to embarrassing themselves if they voted for Biden in the last election, as he had a turnip for a brain in 2020, and now, he doesn't even have that going for him!

Trump will prevail. For those that don't believe it, stop having MSM feed you, and try listening to legal opinions and do some critical thinking! Yeah, that's hard, but so worth it in the end!

https://www.criticalthinking.org/pag...l-thinking/766

"Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.