Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2023, 06:55 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You said you don’t trust our Justice System.

What do you propose to replace it that would be more fair for all involved?
Wells it there if you want to read it.

Old 12-02-2023, 10:24 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Wells it there if you want to read it.
So you think the laws are unjust?
Trump was never "silenced." He is not restrained in any way from carrying on his campaign or attacking his opponents.

What the gag order does is prevent him from attacking innocent people who happen to be employed by the court, revealing their addresses, emails, and phone numbers, and trying to tamper with witnesses. If you were working for Judge Engoron and started having strange people show up at your house, call you with death threats, send you threatening emails, and following you every time you left your house, you would probably be greatly relieved that the judge is able to stop it.

Trump needs to stop whining on Truth Social and mount some type of defense if he doesn't want to lose his businesses in New York and the right to rebuild them and end up wearing a barrel and selling apples on Wall Street.

Old 12-02-2023, 03:31 PM

Great Speech Just Now.

Make America Great Again.

Old 12-02-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
So you think the laws are unjust?
Trump was never "silenced." He is not restrained in any way from carrying on his campaign or attacking his opponents.

What the gag order does is prevent him from attacking innocent people who happen to be employed by the court, revealing their addresses, emails, and phone numbers, and trying to tamper with witnesses. If you were working for Judge Engoron and started having strange people show up at your house, call you with death threats, send you threatening emails, and following you every time you left your house, you would probably be greatly relieved that the judge is able to stop it.

Trump needs to stop whining on Truth Social and mount some type of defense if he doesn't want to lose his businesses in New York and the right to rebuild them and end up wearing a barrel and selling apples on Wall Street.
Hogwash.

Old 12-02-2023, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Hogwash.
He’ll probably be willing to do that before it’s over.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
He’ll probably be willing to do that before it’s over.
Watch the tide turn my youngish friend but remember they can only vote once.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Watch the tide turn my youngish friend but remember they can only vote once.
I’m 72 come February and voted my first time against Nixon.

Yes, the tide is going to turn. The media is currently trying to recreate the 2016 Trump Cash Cow, and are going out of their way to try to make 2024 appear to be a photo finish. The tide will begin turning when the civil trial is over, and will peak probably near the end of May when Donnie is convicted in his (first?) 1/6 trial. Once he is officially a felon, he is going to shed support like a cat sheds hair. He will never return to the White House.

The under-40s and women in general will decide 2024.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:56 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCapacity View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwL9rryZkk

And what you just said might swing the 2024 general election. Obviously not just your vote alone. But all the people who are in your boat. You don't want to support Trump. But Biden is clearly going to drag this country into the ground.

It's really a set of horrible choices to me.

But if many people in your boat sit out the election, then Trump will win. Or if they vote third party, crazy as it sounds, RFK Jr might win.

Fringe candidate Dean Phillips (D) is right. Biden can't win in a free and fair election. And another Biden/Harris ticket is a recipe for disaster in 2024. But no one wants to admit it without risking their own political "career"

This is the "karma" IMHO that derived from cheating Bernie Sanders in 2016 and 2020. I'm not saying Sanders would have won the 2016 general election. I'm not saying he would have been a good POTUS. I am saying the process was rigged against him and now those chicken are coming home to roost. Same for the DNC intentionally doing everything possible to tank Tulsi Gabbard. The DNC rigged the 2016 and 2020 primaries, and are trying to avoid having a real primary now, and being stuck with a disaster zone in Biden is a consequence of that kind of thinking and behavior.

This is one area where it's all Democrats. There is no Trump and no Republicans involved in the Democratic primaries. That's all on Democrats themselves. They got rid of Tulsi Gabbard, but she is EXACTLY the kind of candidate, across a basic checklist, that they need right now and don't have.
Biden is doing a bad job at this moment. But for me, Trump isn't a better option. If the best we can do is Trump vs Biden, we have a problem. We need better than this. And that we have some people who just love Trump, and try to convince me that I need to support Trump, this isn't especially encouraging.

I have wondering what would happen if far more Americans looked into 3rd party candidates. What we have now just isn't working out.

In 2016, I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Primary. Had I know I could also vote in the Republican Primary, I would have picked John Kasich. Since no one I wanted won in the primaries, I voted for Gary Johnson in the end. I just couldn't stomach Trump or Clinton. Tulsi Gabbard might have been decent. However, for both parties, it seems like the nuttiest, most bombastic, or most clownish persons win.

Old 12-02-2023, 08:10 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I have wondering what would happen if far more Americans looked into 3rd party candidates. What we have now just isn't working out.

Manchin will likely run third party for POTUS.

Old 12-02-2023, 09:22 PM
JRR

8,164 posts, read 5,657,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Biden is doing a bad job at this moment. But for me, Trump isn't a better option. If the best we can do is Trump vs Biden, we have a problem. We need better than this. And that we have some people who just love Trump, and try to convince me that I need to support Trump, this isn't especially encouraging.

In 2016, I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic Primary. Had I know I could also vote in the Republican Primary, I would have picked John Kasich. Since no one I wanted won in the primaries, I voted for Gary Johnson in the end. I just couldn't stomach Trump or Clinton. Tulsi Gabbard might have been decent. However, for both parties, it seems like the nuttiest, most bombastic, or most clownish persons win.
Kasich got my vote in the 2016 Florida Republican primary and for the first time I actually donated to a presidential candidate, but it was all in vain. I sometimes wonder what the country would be like if Kasich had won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies