Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 01:19 PM

78,778 posts, read 60,983,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yawn. Call me when they actually go out of business.
First off, corporate America is absolutely taking a (quiet) step back from these initiatives.

They're not stupid, they don't want to make anyone mad.

The fundamental problem with DEI is that, at is core, it's message contains a big dollop of the old "racial superiority" ugliness that got us here in the first place.

You can literally find one after another proudly announcing their racial pedigree and orientation as if it's a military rank and that their views carry more weight. Then there are the host of videos of people revealing their geneology and you'll literally see people in tears over their european content. Nothing funnier than seeing a 22yo moron named something like Xavier Cortez that is VERY white shocked that he is 70% european.

Ask yourself, why are these people upset? Clearly they recognize and associate a negativeness to something eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 01:22 PM

38,336 posts, read 22,340,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Stop sticking your head in the sand. The movie used the word "patriarchy" unironically 19 times.
I'm guessing that phrase was used by the disillusioned modern women who stopped playing with their Barbie dolls. Those women were misled by the modern feminists who tried to shame young girls from playing with dolls. Later in the movie, the women got their minds right.

Old 05-18-2024, 01:37 PM
Status: "Wasting time in the internet, just like you." (set 5 days ago)

1,291 posts, read 671,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
‘Wokeness’ doesn’t marginalize us as white males; it’s simply an awareness/concern re: social injustice and discrimination.

"It's simply an awareness"

Oh Puh-Leaze....

There are zillions of words written on the "problems" with the white male patriarchy and other such woke nonsense.

Why do so many of you lefties try to gaslight by downplaying what us normies can all see?

Old 05-18-2024, 01:38 PM

8,797 posts, read 3,953,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Woke-ness on the other hand is an oppressor-oppressed based movement trying to marginalize white males today for issues that existed in the long ago past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, is that why I see companies giving internships to underqualified students that fit specific minority niches in favor of everybody else?
What company, specifically, and ‘underqualified’ relative to whose standard? From my perspective, it’s meaningless to speak in generalities (or hearsay) relative to such.

Point being, ‘wokeness’ only refers to an awareness/concern re: social injustice and discrimination. It does not speak to the application of such relative to policy (nor account for impractical solutions), and there are minority persons who are (just as or more so) qualified. That they shouldn’t be discriminated against does not simultaneously marginalize white males. At least, I don’t feel marginalized by such; do you?

Old 05-18-2024, 01:45 PM

38,336 posts, read 22,340,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That doesn’t make it woke.

Barbie was a skinny, attractive, straight, white, blonde.

Wake us up when we get fat, unattractive, gay, minority barbie.
It certainly showcased the binary of men and women.

The Ken doll was always viewed by boys as being worthless simp for Barbie. The boys were not playing with Ken dolls. The boys played with GI Joe or Major Mat Mason to blow stuff up and play space explorer, or army soldier with them. The movie portrayed as an imbecilic version of a guy, because it was a girl's toy

Besides, when the show did use the word patriarchy the person saying it was being lampooned.

Old 05-19-2024, 10:03 AM

Quote:
What company, specifically, and ‘underqualified’ relative to whose standard? From my perspective, it’s meaningless to speak in generalities (or hearsay) relative to such.

Point being, ‘wokeness’ only refers to an awareness/concern re: social injustice and discrimination. It does not speak to the application of such relative to policy (nor account for impractical solutions), and there are minority persons who are (just as or more so) qualified. That they shouldn’t be discriminated against does not simultaneously marginalize white males. At least, I don’t feel marginalized by such; do you?
Wow, you went right for the "white males" thing....you really have zero clue what is going on in corporate America with some of the diversity initiatives.

While there are efforts that are neutral like making sure to recruit from a variety of colleges and seek out diversity, I don't think you want to believe that anyone is getting an advantage and that's just not reality.

Obviously I cannot give specifics on corporate names and examples, we all know why.

Old 05-19-2024, 10:43 AM

8,797 posts, read 3,953,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Woke-ness on the other hand is an oppressor-oppressed based movement trying to marginalize white males today for issues that existed in the long ago past.
Quote:
‘Wokeness’ doesn’t marginalize us as white males; it’s simply an awareness/concern re: social injustice and discrimination.
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, you went right for the "white males" thing....you really have zero clue what is going on in corporate America with some of the diversity initiatives.
It’s clear you didn’t read or understand my response to the comment regarding ‘marginalized white males’; you’re reacting rather than discussing. (It went over your head that) I did mention policy or mis-firing relative to such i.e. APPLICATION. However, the solution is not to halt ‘wokeness’ (or pretend discrimination doesn’t exist) in order to compensate for impractical solutions or misjudgment.

Quote:
Obviously I cannot give specifics on corporate names and examples, we all know why.
My point is that your personal stories re: various companies/examples are meaningless (and only hearsay) sans specifics; in other words, you’re incredibly naive to think such solidifies your perspective - particularly relative to (what is clearly) a highly-charged thread topic for some posters.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-19-2024 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-19-2024, 12:33 PM

50,540 posts, read 47,334,916 times
Tuck friendly said no human ever, until morons did. Who "tucks" their god given junk? Do you duct tape your adam's apple too? Shave your chest hair?

Is anyone 250 years old we can give reparations? These threads are simply bad comics now. We are all equal and have been for some time. Unless you are here illegally then we owe you something.

This is the era of squatters and people looking to get paid to do as little as possible. Mental health has gone out the window and now the new norm to be some kind of freak.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:55 AM

Quote:
My point is that your personal stories re: various companies/examples are meaningless (and only hearsay) sans specifics; in other words, you’re incredibly naive to think such solidifies your perspective - particularly relative to (what is clearly) a highly-charged thread topic for some posters.
You're trying to remove viewpoints with actual first hand experience on the scene and discount their contributions by slapping an unmeetable condition on an anonymous discussion forum.

Old 05-20-2024, 06:06 AM

22,035 posts, read 9,628,525 times
Quote:

While there are efforts that are neutral like making sure to recruit from a variety of colleges and seek out diversity, I don't think you want to believe that anyone is getting an advantage and that's just not reality.

My husband retired last May from a high level corporate position and 100% what you are saying is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies