Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2023, 02:29 PM

7,442 posts, read 3,870,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not everyone shares your opinion. Times have changed if you haven't noticed and women are also financial providers. There is more to a home and family than a paycheck.

If I as a woman contribute equally to the finances, I want a partner that contributes equality to the kids and home.
I totally agree with the part in bold. But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about stay-at-home dads.

Old 10-25-2023, 02:32 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Do you know what a stay-at-home dad is? An unemployed man. And every other man will view him that way.

And I have never, ever seen a woman respect her stay-at-home husband like men do their stay-at-home wives.

No man with any integrity at all would accept that arrangement. Even if all he can manage is a job at 7-Eleven, it's better for him to work. And it's better for girl bosses to remain unmarried and herd cats.
Please stop claiming you speak for all men.

Old 10-25-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Please stop claiming you speak for all men.
I would venture to guess my opinion on this issue is so universal worldwide that's it's safe to speak for all men this one time.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:10 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,594,564 times
When I was just barely a teenager, my wise grandfather said to me "Buckeye, I'll never know why women complain all the time. They already got half the money and all the p******." This was in the early 60s and nothing has changed

p.s. Granddad also said that posting this on C-D would get it deleted.

Old 10-25-2023, 03:32 PM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Interesting discussion and I have read every post.

I cannot speak for everyone else, I can only speak for myself and the women I know.

I feel many modern women I know want the best of both worlds. They want to be liberated women who have careers, have their own money and are in control of their lives with no interference from a man. However, the same women also have old fashioned expectations of men and what a man's role should be especially when it comes to money. My girlfriends still want their men to be the provider and responsible for the most if not all the financial responsibilities in the relationship. I think these women need to ask themselves if they really want an old fashioned male chauvinist.

anyway, for me personally, I am financially secure and my attitude is that my money is yours, and your money is mine in a marriage. There is no my money or your money, it is our money.

I only dated one man who made less than me, I think the financial difference bothered him more than it bothered me. We only dated two months, and the relationship became so boring to me because he was unable to just relax and enjoy it.

I don't like men who cannot keep a clean home, or cannot cook because I myself can clean, and cook. I also am not attracted to men who don't even know how to replace a toilet, there are so many home repairs you can do yourself. If I know how to do it, so should you. If you are fun, sexy, smart, and outgoing, that is good enough for me.

Plus, I think how a man thinks about money is way more important than how much he actually has. A smart man won't be poor for a long time anyway.

Last but not least, my fiance is definitely the provider, but he knows if one day he loses everything, I would still be there for him, for us. So we have nothing to lose.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-25-2023 at 04:10 PM..

Old 10-25-2023, 04:05 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Yes and it was in response to :"we will never stop bending over backwards to acquiesce to women's increasingly outrageous demands."
Those are an example of the outrageous demands women have made that men have bent over backwards to reluctantly allow women to participate in.

Yes, I read the article. That mothers still are the default parent that not only works outside the home but takes on the lion's share of the duties at home and the responsibility of day-to-day care of the kids is a grievance for some women. The article also said the women of Iceland did a similar protest in 1975, they stayed home from work shutting down may businesses, daycares, schools, or joined the protests, leaving the children to their fathers to deal with for a day. The claim is this was the turning point for Iceland to become the most feminist/equitable country.
Of course, you don't see the burden and struggles even for today's working moms because you have never had to shoulder that responsibility. You sound like you live in 1940.

The things you and other women complain about are the result of choices made by women.

Opposition to female voting rights came primarily from women that were afraid of losing female privileges while gaining male obligations.

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...tes-for-women/

Back then, not all women realized they could gain all the privileges afforded men while simultaneously avoiding all exclusively male obligations.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...ther-Movement/

Women are the default parent either by choice or consequence of their other choices.

Chief among these consequential choices is the selection of male partners based almost exclusively on this potential partner's income and wealth accumulation.

Nurturing men, the sort that place a greater value on family than career, are out there.

Single and available in large numbers, most women will have nothing to do with them.

Women want to be protected and supported by a man, but then they complain about being treated as lesser beings, i.e., not taken seriously or respected.

In divorce, women almost always fight to be the custodial parent and almost always get everything they demand, to include the children.

If you don't want to be the default parent, marry a guy that doesn't earn twice as much as you.

Then the court might be willing to make you the discarded parent that pays all the bills and almost never sees the kids.

The dirty little secret is that women get everything they want, they always have, and then they complain about the natural consequences of their choices.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
So, what. Most men have never dug a ditch or lifted over 80lbs. What has hard manual labor to do with anything? Most men have not had to give up the full time job because they had kids. In Iceland, with 90% of women in the workforce why aren't more fathers willing to take those lower paying part-time jobs that would allow them flexibility to take care of their children and work too? Those jobs are not denied to men and don't require digging ditches or heavy lifting.

I'm sure men can relate as they have never had to deal with what these women are dealing with. Thats pretty much expected. Easy to say that is your problem, deal with it, and ridicule others then it is to try to empathize or find a solution.
Because no woman would have them!

Old 10-25-2023, 05:02 PM

25,978 posts, read 22,169,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Women complain a lot. That's just what they do. The proper solution is a pair of ear plugs. You could work tirelessly to give them the entire world, and it wouldn't be enough, especially in this day and age. Thankfully, most women work now, so they can take a stab at trying to satisfy all their wants and desires themselves, instead of depending solely on a man for all that they demand.
Better solution, maybe if the man was doing part of the chores at home (cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, etc), he wouldn't be just sitting there, so no need for earplugs! Work tirelessly? Yeah, most men don't know what "tirelessly" means, but the women that watch them sit with their feet up while they continue on their feet until bedtime do. Many women are working and taking care of their own needs, and the men are here crying over the fact that women have no interest in men anymore, and they can't get anyone to slave for them - boo hoo hoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Yep. But in a society of cucked, hen-pecked males, we will never stop bending over backwards to acquiesce to women's increasingly outrageous demands. Women's grievances need to fall on deaf ears from here on out.
Ah, where have you been for the last 50 years? My dad's generation (Greatest Generation) would say something like that. Others live in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The 80% number is utter bunk and doesn't adjust for important things like working in different professions.

Bad science. Bad math. Intentionally misleading.
https://blog.dol.gov/2023/03/14/5-fa...e%20than%20men.

"Education. Education is not enough to eliminate the gender wage gap. On average, women have more years of education and are more likely than men to have completed Associate’s, Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. Yet there is a significant gender wage gap at every level of education. Overall, women must complete one additional degree in order to be paid the same wages as a man with less education."

"Occupations. The largest identifiable causes of the gender wage gap are differences in the occupations and industries where women and men are most likely to work. Women are 2 out of every 3 full-time workers in occupations that pay less than $30,000 per year, and fewer than 1 in 3 full-time workers in jobs paying an average of $100,000 or more. However, even within the same occupations, women earn less on average than men."

Quote:
When the most gender parity country on the planet is experiencing gender inequities, uneven burden of domestic duties which results in taking lower paying jobs and working less hours (pay gap) and gender-based or sexual violence that still afflicts women disproportionately (more than 40%of women have experienced gender-based or sexual violence, one in four women had been raped or sexually assaulted, with most reported cases failing to make it to trial) it is confident to say there is still much gender inequality in the world.
And, for so long women have worked to turn it around, but then now, we'll have trans women..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting. So we are back to using the term "woman/women" now ?
If gender is just a social construct, how are these corporations able to target certain individuals to pay less than others ?
Well, the biological woman and biological man have been around since the beginning of time, so we'll have to see where that goes. I'm thinking "trans" is more likely a male who "feels" like a woman, so would be counted as a woman in a survey regarding pay???????? Would we have one group: People. Do we still use the term "people"? I don't really keep up. I am glad I am not young.

Old 10-25-2023, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because no woman would have them!
It's true. Poll after poll of women has shown women will not marry below their station. That's why so many successful women become full-time cat herders by their late 30's. The men their own age don't want them and even older mean don't want them. The older guys want young women. And the expectation these men have is that the woman will be just starting her career or not working at all. And they don't care, because they aren't looking for someone to support them. And there is no stigma for a man to marry below his station.

This is not true of women, who want a man of higher station, but by the time these women are fully girl-bossed, the good men are long gone, married and with children.

Old 10-26-2023, 06:50 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
I totally agree with the part in bold. But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about stay-at-home dads.
Actually, we are talking about women who are working outside the home (90% in Iceland) AND doing all or most of the "unpaid work" childcare and household duties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.