Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2023, 01:13 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You may be claiming this alleged tent collapse but based on Tuesday's election results it would appear its the GOP and their messages that are in tatters blowing in the wind....
Yep.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:30 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Quote:
You may be claiming this alleged tent collapse but based on Tuesday's election results it would appear its the GOP and their messages that are in tatters blowing in the wind....
I'll trade Kentucky for the House, Senate, and White House right now. These local elections are the JV. Pubs flipped a NY seat on L.I. that was Dem for 50 years...the lefty media's ghoting that..but who cares...still JV.

Men of color are favoring Trump over Biden...that is the tent collapsing on a national scale....varsity stuff.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:57 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...49-46-percent/

Men of color voting Trump 49% to Biden 46%

Democrat Tent is collapsing before our own eyes

Well, according to Slo Joe, that 49% can't possibly be black...

Old 11-09-2023, 02:49 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Quote:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...49-46-percent/

Men of color voting Trump 49% to Biden 46%

Democrat Tent is collapsing before our own eyes
You cite only far right sources, which seems to mirror your ideology....what do you expect them to say... that trump is guilty and thus won't be elected ?

Last edited by gemstone1; 11-09-2023 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-09-2023, 04:52 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Two out of three governor elections on Tuesday resulted in Republican victories. Those are good results. Expanded that would be 33 states run by Republicans.

Was there a blue wave predicted or were democrats just expecting all 3 to go to Republicans?

Old 11-09-2023, 06:28 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Two out of three governor elections on Tuesday resulted in Republican victories. Those are good results. Expanded that would be 33 states run by Republicans.

Was there a blue wave predicted or were democrats just expecting all 3 to go to Republicans?
No our Governor was talking of flipping the State Senate not only did he not flip the Senate he lost the General Assy meaning the whole state legislature is Blue now, another red wave down the drain. GOP thought Kentucky would be a win for them, major loss and Mississippi was close.

Doesn't make a difference how many states have Republican Governors when it comes to problems in the various states (based on CD posters) all you ever read is that city, town, county whatever is Democratic lead, Democratic voting, they're minorities so you know how they vote. State leadership doesn't mean anything if they can't improve things in their state, the entire state. Mississippi is a great example of that and corruption....

Old 11-09-2023, 06:41 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Men of color are favoring Trump over Biden...that is the tent collapsing on a national scale....varsity stuff.
Hard to imagine black and brown men favoring Republican policies on policing. Some might flip, but en masse? I doubt it.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:43 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
No our Governor was talking of flipping the State Senate not only did he not flip the Senate he lost the General Assy meaning the whole state legislature is Blue now, another red wave down the drain. GOP thought Kentucky would be a win for them, major loss and Mississippi was close.

Doesn't make a difference how many states have Republican Governors when it comes to problems in the various states (based on CD posters) all you ever read is that city, town, county whatever is Democratic lead, Democratic voting, they're minorities so you know how they vote. State leadership doesn't mean anything if they can't improve things in their state, the entire state. Mississippi is a great example of that and corruption....
Kentucky was a democrat governor and despite that he was horrible, apparently that was enough to crawl to the finish line.

Younkin can look forward to vetos without overrides. Anything is better than MacAuful.

Old 11-09-2023, 07:15 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Kentucky was a democrat governor and despite that he was horrible, apparently that was enough to crawl to the finish line.

Younkin can look forward to vetos without overrides. Anything is better than MacAuful.
Seeing he won by about 65,000 votes (%5.1) I would say the incumbent wasn't so horrible as you assert and it seems he rode rather than crawled.

McAuliffe may not be the best choice but he would have beat a T-Party hack...

Old 11-09-2023, 07:26 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The entire structure running the west is corrupted and will end up destroying the west, and I believe this is what they want. I believe the people in charge want autocratic rule, despite their cries for "democracy" and they are printing money recklessly, force feeding every nation immigrants and refugees, and going soft on crime, as a one, two, three hit to destabilize many western nations and bring on autocracy. Either that, or they are just idiots.

In any case, I don't expect existing blue voters to not vote blue. They are too brainwashed by the progressive media machine. Plus, Trump's personality and the way he attacks and name calls anyone and everyone.. sorry, he's not going to win. I've been watching some of his speeches lately. He is being toxic. Unless Nicky Haley can get the republican nomination, republicans are going to lose in 2024.
I concur, the are mindless drones that vote whatever the hive tells them to.. They will vote themselves into poverty before they vote anything other than what the hive tells them.

Now, conservatives on the other hand all have some moral and intellectual high ground they live on and look like fools that can’t get anything done.

We need a solid 3rd party and candidate.. I wish the libertarian party would ease up on some views. I think we could make some positive movement forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.