Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 02:01 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Why do you think that? Are you saying he’s not a viable candidate?
Yes, I am saying that and I've said that all along.

It's HIGHLY unlikely he'll be running in 2024, unless they absolutely can not find a viable democrat to agree to.

Old 11-05-2023, 06:39 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,182,525 times
Is Dean Phillips still in the Democratic primary race against Biden?

Out of the whopping 2 Democratic candidates he is the only one there to go up against him and possibly. That is if you don't include third party Robert F. Kennedy and Cornel West.

I have not seen any of them in a few months. Not even Kennedy anymore. If they don't do something and Trump can be in the primary election then there is a chance Trump will win.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:53 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Is Dean Phillips still in the Democratic primary race against Biden?

Out of the whopping 2 Democratic candidates he is the only one there to go up against him and possibly. That is if you don't include third party Robert F. Kennedy and Cornel West.

I have not seen any of them in a few months. Not even Kennedy anymore. If they don't do something and Trump can be in the primary election then there is a chance Trump will win.
Yes. In fact Dean Phillips is the only democrat on the New Hampshire primary ballot. Isn’t that weird that some states are striking Biden off the ballot? Even PBS knows that Biden is out.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ean-for-voters

Biden realistically won’t be on the ticket by March on Super Tuesday. Some thing the fact that Biden is somehow in office, he gets another chance. America says no thanks. Not this year. No free pass for all the errors and incompetence by Biden.

Old 11-06-2023, 09:15 PM

6,385 posts, read 2,707,824 times
The "official line" from the DNC right now is Biden is the candidate and there will be no debates. As far as I know, there are still no Democratic Debates even being considered.

The only way their tune will change is if Biden is out, and there is more than one person who has a shot at winning the nomination.

Old 11-06-2023, 09:27 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Have there ever been debates between an incumbent president and challengers in the same party?

Old 11-06-2023, 09:29 PM

1,299 posts, read 647,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Will Biden jump onto the debate stages for democrat primaries

I sure hope so. It will make for some great entertainment. Hopefully some more cornpop stories, and more just purely made up ones. I like when he raises his voice and scolds us all like little kids. Maybe the easter bunny will make a return too !
C'mon man - his "stories" are great - I loved the one where he said the kiddies at the pool loved rubbing his hairy legs..No joke! To think that people actually voted for this organism...

Old 11-06-2023, 09:59 PM

6,102 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
DNC said Biden will not debate.

They aren't stupid.
The other guy refuses to debate either.

Old 11-07-2023, 03:17 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Yes. In fact Dean Phillips is the only democrat on the New Hampshire primary ballot. Isn’t that weird that some states are striking Biden off the ballot? Even PBS knows that Biden is out.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...ean-for-voters
There's an extremely clear explanation in the link on why he deliberately chose not to be on the New Hampshire ballot.

Some 'states' are striking him off the ballot? Which other states would those be?

Old 11-07-2023, 04:06 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
They’ve already flat out came out and said no debates for Biden. It’s gotten laughable at this point.
He didn’t even bother to get on the Democrat ticket in New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Once the calendar says 2024, the heat will be on. Biden will announce he is not running. Gavin will be anointed to "Save the day".
And bypass Kamala? The Black Vice President.

That will be very sticky.

Old 11-07-2023, 04:20 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I can't believe they plan to run Biden for a second term. He's the only candidate that might lose to Trump. Maybe they secretly want him to lose and want the republicans to win. Politics is a stage play where those at the very top on both sides have dinner together, go to the same social gatherings, making you think they are "adversaries" but it's all just kayfabe. The ruling class use both political parties to get policies through while they distract the sheep with issues they don't actually care about, like abortion and genders and get them divided in petty squabbles.

Take immigration for example... does it really matter if Trump wins and shuts off the floodgates for 4 years? They brought in more than enough during Biden's term to compensate for that. It's almost like the whole thing is preplanned so that no matter what outcome occurs, they get what they want. In fact that's likely what happens. Both sides of the chessboard are controlled by the same people at the very top. I will say I see MASSIVE amounts of construction going on all over South Dakota, much of it being done by immigrants, so maybe it's benefitting us. I grow tired of fighting what is, so I'll defer to the MMTers and play the game by their rules rather than fighting them. As long as they put these people to work and don't pay them to do nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.