Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2023, 05:08 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times

Advertisements

Haley still stand out for me as the best choice, I didn't see the first hour (had to watch the masked singer) but I saw enough. Scott has a spiritual side he can keep to himself, Ramaswamy talks American Business and Manufacturing yet his company is maintained off shore, where's the hypocrisy in that. Cristie is loud and proud but his style will never appeal nationally especially since he takes the gloves off when it comes to Trump. DeSantis sounds like he is ready to invade Mexico and expel anyone who holds opinions he doesn't like.

Many tried to take a bombastic tone which doesn't come across well all these call to annihilate, destroy, invade which sounds nice but the reality will never happen. And abortion is not a fear argument but a legitimate issue for voters, with states taking such draconian measures to restrict it, of course the counter arguments will be just as strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 05:14 AM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The rate we are going, there won't be jobs or retirement
Those are only for illegals. The rest need not apply.

I didn't watch the debate. Reading this thread is probably more entertaining, and takes a lot less time.

I hope this is the last one because it's a waste of resources.

Trump's got the nomination wrapped up.

For those Libs who think Trump's going to jail...you can keep your Doctors, & student loans are forgiven.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The 15 week approach just lost both houses in Virginia...
That's great news...now the Libs in Virginia can all kill their babies.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:17 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
MSM outlets calling Haley the winner of the debate? Did they watch it?

Old 11-09-2023, 05:23 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,229,337 times
I keep feeling obliged to listen to these debates. This one was at least somewhat more controlled than the first one (and the second one I didn't see 'cause we don't get Fox here - at least not for the debates!)

At least DeSantis spoke up and said Trump should be there and I agree with that. I'm still flabbergasted that Trump is leading so strongly in the polls. I'm starting to suspect that his numbers are intentionally being overinflated to motivate democrats to vote (for Biden? god help us? Kalama? ditto. who else do they have?) Vivek said it last night, Joe is NOT running the country.

I voted for Trump and was willing to put up with his bombastic, caustic demeanor. I can't do it again. He could have tacked a little center.....even a little....toned down the rhetoric......matured......but he didn't. I think Vivek's appeal is that he comes across as a Trump Jr type figure, willing to scrap with everyone.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:23 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Haley still stand out for me as the best choice, .

yeah if you want to bring the Bush/Cheney doctrine back to the W.H.. No thank you.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems so absurd these people are debating when the best any of them are doing is 12% or so of the Republican base. And then they are attacking each other rather than the person they need to beat to get the nomination. Crazy.
In their heart of hearts, they all know Trump's sealed up the nomination.

Trashing Trump helps the Dems candidate, whomever that turns out to be.

Some of these Republicans want Trump to give them a cushy Federal Gov't gig if he wins again...for them, this is an interview...except Vivek and Christie.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:26 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Those are only for illegals. The rest need not apply.

I didn't watch the debate. Reading this thread is probably more entertaining, and takes a lot less time.

I hope this is the last one because it's a waste of resources.

Trump's got the nomination wrapped up.

For those Libs who think Trump's going to jail...you can keep your Doctors, & student loans are forgiven.

I agree that it is unlikely he will spend time in a prison cell but he will likely be a convicted felon who serves time under house arrest. Is that the type person you want leading this nation. Trump has not won anything since taking office. He is seen as a failed experiment but his supporters cheer on his failures. The facts of the matter is the GOP is circling the drain and many see this as a much needed cleansing. Trump and this version of the party is done.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:27 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

I voted for Trump and was willing to put up with his bombastic, caustic demeanor. I can't do it again. He could have tacked a little center.....even a little....toned down the rhetoric......matured......but he didn't. I think Vivek's appeal is that he comes across as a Trump Jr type figure, willing to scrap with everyone.

You are in Vermont. Stay home. We don't need the GOP to return to the Bush doctrine unless you are willing to enlist and if you are too old, your kids. I'm shocked that some people have a short memory.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:29 AM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
DeSantis is my guy. I don't know why his popularity supposedly dropped off. I think the MSM is definitely working hard to smear him, they don't want to run Biden against him.
I agree. I think they are most concerned about him going against Biden. I notice they are really shilling for Haley, because I think they know she cannot win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies