Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2023, 05:31 AM

8,060 posts, read 10,660,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Haley still stand out for me as the best choice, I didn't see the first hour (had to watch the masked singer) but I saw enough. ..
I'm sure that was much more entertaining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2023, 05:32 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,568,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
And she called him scum. Not a great comeback. Go bake me a pie sweetie!
That wasn't a great comeback and I am getting stick of everyone the elite don't like being characterized as a bad person - because they point out the truth.

But, the GOP better watch out for the woman vote. Women are getting tried of the sexism. The 3 inch heels shows what was on his mind.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:35 AM

13,544 posts, read 4,333,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I agree that it is unlikely he will spend time in a prison cell but he will likely be a convicted felon who serves time under house arrest. Is that the type person you want leading this nation. Trump has not won anything since taking office. He is seen as a failed experiment but his supporters cheer on his failures. The facts of the matter is the GOP is circling the drain and many see this as a much needed cleansing. Trump and this version of the party is done.
He won 2 national elections in 2016. Lost a close one in 2020 and is about to win by a mile another national election and has a path to win the 2nd one. What are you talking about? 99.9% of all candidates in both parties would love to have his numbers.

The reason he has a path is because Biden is a mess. Kamala isn't any better and the GOP doesn't want to return to the Bush doctrine. It's not rocket scientist. Many rather have Trump than War Criminals and endless wars. Pretty easy to understand.

If W Bush and Dick Cheney didn't destroy the GOP with their war crimes and a mess they did in the economy, I really doubt Trump will. This is a combination of selective outrage and short memory span.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:38 AM

9,492 posts, read 5,273,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
That's great news...now the Libs in Virginia can all kill their babies.
I didn't want to start an abortion rant here but the 15 week mark is supposedly when a 'baby' can feel pain.
15 weeks is 3 1/2 months. Jesus.
And I'm pro-choice.
I live in VT and they also have no limit on when a woman can seek an abortion. I don't even understand this.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:39 AM

3,364 posts, read 2,156,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
That wasn't a great comeback and I am getting stick of everyone the elite don't like being characterized as a bad person - because they point out the truth.

But, the GOP better watch out for the woman vote. Women are getting tried of the sexism. The 3 inch heels shows what was on his mind.
I think people need to just remember that, generally speaking, it's the could-go-either-way Independents/Moderates and only a half-dozen states that currently determine the outcome of Presidential elections, all else being equal. This is one consideration for which highly engaged Republicans have an absolutely painful blind spot, and it's costing them—and the nation—dearly.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:42 AM

25,907 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I agree that it is unlikely he will spend time in a prison cell but he will likely be a convicted felon who serves time under house arrest. Is that the type person you want leading this nation. Trump has not won anything since taking office. He is seen as a failed experiment but his supporters cheer on his failures. The facts of the matter is the GOP is circling the drain and many see this as a much needed cleansing. Trump and this version of the party is done.
I never voted for Trump in any Primary, and never will. I only vote for him as a last resort..in the general.

I'm not sure who I'll vote for in the Primary yet...I've still got lots of time. I'd say Vivek & DeSantis are tied in my mind...for now. I prefer Youngkin, but he's not in it yet & is probably smart enough to realize that Trump's got this wrapped up, so will wait until '28.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:57 AM

6,576 posts, read 7,179,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It seems so absurd these people are debating when the best any of them are doing is 12% or so of the Republican base. And then they are attacking each other rather than the person they need to beat to get the nomination. Crazy.
It’s no different than any sporting event, you gotta eliminate all the smaller foes until you meet the big one.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:02 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,323,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Anyone watching in real time besides me?
NBA basketball was a better option last night rather than listening to 4 people (or was it 5?) who aren't going to be president.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:06 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I keep feeling obliged to listen to these debates. This one was at least somewhat more controlled than the first one (and the second one I didn't see 'cause we don't get Fox here - at least not for the debates!)

At least DeSantis spoke up and said Trump should be there and I agree with that. I'm still flabbergasted that Trump is leading so strongly in the polls. I'm starting to suspect that his numbers are intentionally being overinflated to motivate democrats to vote (for Biden? god help us? Kalama? ditto. who else do they have?) Vivek said it last night, Joe is NOT running the country.

I voted for Trump and was willing to put up with his bombastic, caustic demeanor. I can't do it again. He could have tacked a little center.....even a little....toned down the rhetoric......matured......but he didn't. I think Vivek's appeal is that he comes across as a Trump Jr type figure, willing to scrap with everyone.
FWIW, it was on NBC and they pre-empted prime time programming to air it. I suspect this is the first time many in the country saw a debate this time around. If they do not follow politics that closely, they might have been scratching their heads and wondering who these people were and where was Trump.

Old 11-09-2023, 06:22 AM

17,357 posts, read 11,329,812 times
The debates do get more informative and entertaining with fewer candidates. I'll take any one of them over Biden despite imperfections and I certainly don't agree with any of them on every issue.
It was so much better without Pence there thumping his Bible and rudely taking up time belonging to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies