Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2023, 12:23 PM

17,474 posts, read 14,718,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Sorry, your user name suggested you were a man. My apologies. And yes, there are pro-life women. But the basic principle still stands. They shouldn't be able to dictate what other woman do with their bodies either.
Ah look at those goalposts moving in real time.

Just be honest and say that if someone doesn't believe exactly what you believe, then they are 100% wrong.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:25 PM

1,435 posts, read 768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why? There is no difference.
Of course there is. Yours is an extreme fringe opinion.

See, I can snip, too.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:33 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,099,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Ah look at those goalposts moving in real time.

Just be honest and say that if someone doesn't believe exactly what you believe, then they are 100% wrong.
What goalposts did I move? That I apologized for thinking you were a man? My stance that no one should be able to tell any woman what she can and cannot do with her own body remains unchanged. Those posts remain firmly rooted right where they've always been.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM

10,253 posts, read 6,343,445 times
I was on the Pill when I had my ruptured ectopic pregnancy,. We intended to have another child, but wanted to SPACE their births.

My older daughter was 3 years old when it happened. When I went to the hospital, she was screaming, crying, and hanging on to me saying, Mommy, I don't want you to die. Informed Consent, bad Mother that I was, I didn't give a DAMN abut that dead embryo. All I cared about was my already born daughter. and the agony she was going through. They told me when I was wheeled into surgery that I was yelling " I will LIVE to see my daughter grow up". NOT SAVE MY UNBORN BABY. This so affected her that she had nightmares after, and had to sleep in the bed with us. She is now 44 years old and a Mother herself. Still remember that day it so affected her.

My ectopic was in April of 1982. My younger daughter was born April of 1984, almost to the DAY. Family and friends have remarked on the timing of that. When we married, husband and I agreed that after we had two children he would get a vasectomy. Since I only had one tube, we used "reverse" natural family planning to conceive which doctor recommended. Took my temperature every day, and had intercourse when I was ovulating.

Younger daughter is an adult now with two sons of her own. She says that her sibling had to DIE in order for her and her two sons to be born. Her Dad would have sterilized them out of existence if that ectopic had survived
WHO was meant to be?????? I do not MORN that dead embryo. Both my daughters and three grandsons were MEANT TO BE. Younger daughter does not morn her 3 miscarriages and one fetal in uterine death. More concerned with raising her already born 7 and 9 year old sons. We both believe the already born, adults and especially children, take precedence over the unborn.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:40 PM

41,998 posts, read 75,321,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Hypocrisy is only a negative thing if you value truth and honesty. The Left doesn't. They know you do and will use your integrity against you when you demonstrate imperfection
Just what I needed - a little comedy with my afternoon tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
What gives the government the right to take 40% of anyone's earnings?
Irrelevant, but .... the Constitution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL you leftists will TWIST YOURSELF INTO PRETZELS to believe what you want to believe and to deny the numbers.
Again, irony.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What goalposts did I move? That I apologized for thinking you were a man? My stance that no one should be able to tell any woman what she can and cannot do with her own body remains unchanged. Those posts remain firmly rooted right where they've always been.
Nope.

You said that men shouldn't get a say.

That evolved into only the woman who is pregnant should have a say.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nope.

You said that men shouldn't get a say.

That evolved into only the woman who is pregnant should have a say.
And I stand by that. Men shouldn't get a say. I haven't changed my stance on that. And nowhere did I say only women who are pregnant should get a say. I said no one should be able to tell any woman what she can or cannot do with her body. No one means exactly that, no one.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Do you consider eating, providing your children food/shelter a matter of convenience?
Oh stop the dramatics.

If you're getting an abortion because of finances, you're getting an abortion out of convenience - it would be easier if you had more money.

If you're getting an abortion because of timing, you're getting an abortion out of convenience - it would be better if you were pregnant at a different time.

If you're getting an abortion because of your partner, you're getting an abortion out of convenience - it would be better if you're partner was more/less _____ (fill in the blank.)

If your world view is that there should be no restrictions on abortion, you should also be pro abortion for convenience sake.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,738,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They DO have the opportunity to make that decision for themselves. The TRUTH is that 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to women voluntarily having unprotected sex during the cycle in which they conceived, by their own admission:

Figure 1.3, here: https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/def...lth-reform.pdf
And so what? Their decision about whether to continue their pregnancy is STILL their business and no one else's.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Neither here nor there, but am I the only one who finds all the Republican politicians, talking heads and political analysts who are invariably male sitting around analyzing what happened in Ohio hilarious?
No, you're not alone in that. What is really hilarious is that they apparently still don't get it. They still haven't figured out that their wives and daughters have completely abandoned their party on this issue. And that inability to see the forest for the trees will be their undoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies