Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2023, 09:50 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Jonathan Lewis was "severely beaten by a group of 15 people" and died in a hospital from his wounds.

But you won't see it on CNN.

RIP, Jonathan.

A life cut short for no reason, except for hate.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...26108959359107

"A Las Vegas teenager beaten by a group of about 15 people near Rancho High School last week died on Tuesday, according to his father."

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...-says-2937485/
An important point is that the mainstream media is literal dictionary definition propaganda.

Had the races been reversed it would have met their agenda requirements and been the biggest story for days on end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 09:55 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It's not only black kids attacking, it's a mixed group. It's only the ”anti-woke” people who want to racialize it and claim it's all black kids.
it wasnt "only" a white guy who killed George Floyd. its on the "woke" peopl who want to racialize it and claim its all whites.

see how that works?

Black and White arent the issue. The issue is the environment the LEFT has created in this country that gives people a feeling of powerlessness and drives them to outrageous behavior.

This is happening daily in America today and it is on purpose and it is being pushed by the left... and exclusively by the left.

If you are a liberal and you arent standing up to the insanity of the left, you are guilty of every crime they have generated.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:55 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Two wrongs don’t make a right. You don’t get to take retribution out on random people more than half a century after the fact.
The bolded should be obvious to anyone, but that is precisely the central goal of today's Democrat Party.
That's why they are pushing CRT, DEI, Defund the Police, disarm the public, radicalize the universities, etc. They want to "transform" (destroy) the country as it exists so it can be rebuilt with them in charge of everything. The identity groups that vote Democrat are dumb enough to think that when this happens, they will benefit from it. History proves they won't.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:57 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Poor kid, he endured a lot of pain before he died. I hope they throw the book at his killers.

Old 11-15-2023, 10:22 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Poor kid, he endured a lot of pain before he died. I hope they throw the book at his killers.
Those thugs deserve whatever punishment they get, and it better be harsh.

Old 11-15-2023, 10:37 AM

50,787 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
https://nypost.com/2023/11/14/news/8...onathan-lewis/

Oh boy. The forum won’t like this development.
It's not a new development. The way it played out has been known from the beginning. The gang was bullying another kid, and Jonathon intervened to protect him.

Old 11-15-2023, 10:44 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black on Black crime has been treated with insouciance forever. If it involved no White people, it wasn't anyone's problem except Black people's problem. Black people went to prison for alot of things. Black on Black violence was something Black criminals rarely went to prison for, at least up until the 1950s and 1960s. As long as Black Americans were forcibly segregated from the rest of society, no one cared. And then the riots of the 1960s came.

People should have cared back in the 1950s and before.
I can’t speak to what happened at that time but I can say in my lifetime, the vibe was more like white people should stay out of it and not comment on problems in the black community. We supposedly cannot understand it in order to do anything to help. It is concerning nonetheless, but maybe they are right - what the heck am I really gonna do about it? Isn’t it ultimately up to these communities to fix themselves? Idk. I feel terrible for the innocent children brought up in this, many of whom become part of the problem when they become adolescents. What is a white lady really going to do to help?

Old 11-15-2023, 11:06 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Parents can't always control them either. I recall an interview with one father who was pleading for his young teen son to be put in jail after a string of crimes he was committing, but they kept giving him probation. The father said he couldn't control him and needed help, but none was forthcoming.

My mother was a single mom (my dad suffered a traumatic brain injury when I was 5) and worked all day. Between school and when she got home, our apartment was party central. She had no idea how many times the cops were at our door when she wasn't there. I was definitely a delinquent in many ways, shoplifting, drugs, alcohol, pool hopping, etc, etc. But my mother didn't even know about it, and if she did I'm not sure what she could have done.

A lot of these kids are probably from single parent households, some probably work more than one job.
Bingo. I would bet lack of supervision is a huge factor. Coupled with no father figure or a father figure who is just crappy. No discipline either way.

I don’t know what the solution is aside from locking them up for their very first infraction and making jail life unbearable to the point they want to stay out. If the parents aren’t going to parent, the system has to. The system owes it to the rest of us, quite frankly.

I have to wonder how effective programs like Big Brothers are. There are TONS of nonprofits at every local level and I know they are effective in some ways but I just wonder what could make them better and also how to increase participation. The kid has to want it in the first place.

The obvious solution is to encourage a stable family unit but that’s become an unpopular opinion.

Old 11-15-2023, 11:19 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Everyone who isnt part of the radical LEFT needs to read the above and understand this. Its important.

THIS is exactly what the radical left is selling. Every single crime ever committed in whatever distant past is used to justify evil today.

That isn't an outrageous statement. The leaders of this movement, people like X Kindi (or whatever that freaks name is) has stated that the only way to combat past racism is with current racism.

THIS is the message being pushed on kids in public schools and colleges. THIS is the tool to break society.
and please know, breaking society is the goal. Its the overt fully OUT objective of the radical LEFT.

Get this people. They actually do 100% MEAN IT.
emphasis added. excellent post, +1

Old 11-15-2023, 01:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not a new development. The way it played out has been known from the beginning. The gang was bullying another kid, and Jonathon intervened to protect him.
That's not exactly how it happened, according to this new information.

That was the original thought, though, as provided by Jonathan's dad.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/las-v...school-student

A little more info. After the assault, a "passerby" spotted Jonathan lying on the ground, and carried him across the street to the school where they performed CPR and called an ambulance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s/71590003007/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies