Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 02:40 PM

1,711 posts, read 807,770 times

Advertisements

I'd pull all PepsiCo products from store shelves. That includes Quaker, Lay's, Doritos, and I'm sure a bunch more. Then I'd start shutting down NY operations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 02:43 PM

7,333 posts, read 3,812,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a method devised and often implemented by jessie jackson and al charlatan.
100% Jesse Jackson playbook. I remember when he tried it on the tech companies 20+ years ago. His victory was short-lived, but I'm sure the payoffs were nice.

Old 11-16-2023, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Why only Pepsi though ? Why not sue every single retailer that sells packaged goods to people ?

Or is Pepsi the first one on the list ?
If she's successful with PepsiCo, a gigantic company, all the others are within her reach.

Old 11-16-2023, 02:59 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Our government is corrupt

Old 11-16-2023, 03:01 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I'd pull all PepsiCo products from store shelves. That includes Quaker, Lay's, Doritos, and I'm sure a bunch more. Then I'd start shutting down NY operations.
Then they would all cry racism and bleat about how all the fat kids on food stamps can no longer get all their snacks.

Old 11-16-2023, 03:27 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,081,311 times
reminds me of that old lawsuit where Mcdonald was making people fat or coffee was too hot

Old 11-16-2023, 03:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
This crap started in the gun world.

The PLCAA protects against frivolous lawsuits which are based on the idea that the company is responsible for how its products are misused. Being unable to sue <insert gun mfgr here> over nothing anymore (and losing - the strategy isn't about winning/justice, it's about draining the resources of the target organization), the anti-gun forces (which includes the government) took on the only angle they had left for blaming an innocent party - going after their marketing.

From the OP:
Quote:
“No company is too big to ensure that their products do not damage our environment and public health. All New Yorkers have a basic right to clean water, yet PepsiCo’s irresponsible packaging and marketing endanger Buffalo’s water supply, environment, and public health,” James said in a statement.
That's the exact same language that's being used against gun manufacturers. They're "irresponsible" with their "marketing" and somehow that makes kids want to shoot up schools.

I don't know how many times people have to be duped into accepting absolute bullsnot laws and regulations before they snap into reality and realize how screwed they already are. I really, really hope it isn't going to take the internet being locked down for that to happen, because if it reaches that point, it'll be way too late to do anything about it.

Old 11-16-2023, 03:39 PM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
hopefully they go after anyone who isn't politically connected and tax them on the air they breathe

Old 11-16-2023, 04:05 PM

1,301 posts, read 649,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Who else would you like to put out of business?

Old 11-16-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
This crap started in the gun world.

The PLCAA protects against frivolous lawsuits which are based on the idea that the company is responsible for how its products are misused. Being unable to sue <insert gun mfgr here> over nothing anymore (and losing - the strategy isn't about winning/justice, it's about draining the resources of the target organization), the anti-gun forces (which includes the government) took on the only angle they had left for blaming an innocent party - going after their marketing.

From the OP:

That's the exact same language that's being used against gun manufacturers. They're "irresponsible" with their "marketing" and somehow that makes kids want to shoot up schools.

I don't know how many times people have to be duped into accepting absolute bullsnot laws and regulations before they snap into reality and realize how screwed they already are. I really, really hope it isn't going to take the internet being locked down for that to happen, because if it reaches that point, it'll be way too late to do anything about it.
Exactly. And in case anyone is a fan of California's Governor Newsom, he doesn't give a crap about PLCAA or any other law he disagrees with. He has a history of ignoring any law he doesn't like.

Quote:
Californians have a green light to sue the gun industry. How will that work?

One of the strangest pieces of legislation ever enacted in California took effect Jan. 1, giving state residents and visitors the same power to threaten the gun industry that Texans now wield over abortion providers.

Even backers of the law say this isn’t an entirely good thing.

SB 1327 authorizes anyone other than state or local government officials to sue people who violate the state’s laws against the manufacture, distribution or sale of assault weapons, ghost guns and other banned firearms. Lawsuits could also be brought against gun dealers who violate the state’s law against selling or transferring weapons (besides hunting rifles) to anyone under 21 years old.

Supporters say this “private right of action” will make the state’s tough gun-control measures more effective by enlisting an army of grass-roots enforcers. And by barring state and local governments from filing SB 1327 lawsuits, they hope to make the law harder to challenge in court.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-gun-industry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies