Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 04:15 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

The word bigoteering is now appearing more commonly in American language. I see coworker teachers who bigoteer to shutdown the free flow of ideas and open discussion.

Quote:
The act of labeling a person “racist”, “sexist”, or somethinglikeit-ist in situations where these are not warranted, in an attempt to exploit the stigmas accompanying such labels and force the opponent to spend time and energy explaining “why he/she is not a bigot”.

If you disagree with Sally on anything political, all she does is call you a sexist, racist, homophobe. Classic bigoteering.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...rm=Bigoteering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 05:31 AM

5,157 posts, read 3,083,950 times
The shrinking vocabulary of younger Americans is another sign of the intentional lowering and decline in education standards since the 1970s. It’s far easier for ignorant, uneducated people to throw out a catch phrase like “racist” or “MAGA” than engage in a meaningful conversation.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:44 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,223,411 times
I'm glad there's finally a word for this behavior. It's a lot more specific than "idiot".

Old 12-04-2023, 09:38 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Oh goody -- another airhead label embraced by the right-wing. A label du jour, it will lose all meaning in a few weeks. The right needs a slogan: "Labels are us" (but only fake labels).

Old 12-04-2023, 09:46 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The word bigoteering is now appearing more commonly in American language. I see coworker teachers who bigoteer to shutdown the free flow of ideas and open discussion.
"Remember, Folks, you heard it hear first!"

First time I have heard this word.

Old 12-04-2023, 11:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
I knew this thread would plow up Karens like a ditch of potatoes...

Old 12-04-2023, 12:08 PM

6,661 posts, read 2,966,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Oh goody -- another airhead label embraced by the right-wing. A label du jour, it will lose all meaning in a few weeks. The right needs a slogan: "Labels are us" (but only fake labels).
the left have been masters of the 'labels' for years now. Don't be upset when it finally makes it way to the right.

But you are correct, in that we've seen how the left's labels simply lose all meaning after throwing it everything they don't like.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:09 PM

1,564 posts, read 904,850 times
Quote:
Don't bigoteer me man. You're harshing my mellow.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I'm glad there's finally a word for this behavior. It's a lot more specific than "idiot".
indeed. this and baizuo are worth keeping.

Old 12-04-2023, 02:17 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Hey, check it out: "Labeleering"!

"The act of making up labels as a way of pretending Republicans and other normal people are doing or saying something wrong when they aren't."

If the Republicans ever need a slogan, they can always borrow the one(s) that describe the far left. As usual, the Left have been doing what this one says for many years. To no one's surprise, they are hastily transferring it to normal people, in hopes of fooling the Left's gullible constituents into believing the normal people are starting to do what the left have been doing for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies