Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 11:24 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,546,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Mail in Voting is ripe for Fraud.

We saw all manner of civil disobedience when it came to the Left fighting their battle with Trump.
Would we really be surprised if a mailman held onto the ballots of anyone on his route that had a Trump sign in their yard? How about the brainwashed kids that could intercept the ballots because they know that mom and dad are Trump supporters?

What mass mail in voting comes down to is, it is ripe for fraud and the Dems know that it favors them and that is why when there is any talk from the Right about tightening it up to avoid the possibility of fraud the Left shuts it down.
Do you really think a mail carrier is going to risk going to Federal Prison for a felony to alter a few votes?

Old 12-20-2023, 11:39 AM

3,437 posts, read 1,458,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Do you really think a mail carrier is going to risk going to Federal Prison for a felony to alter a few votes?
DOJ charges mail carrier for dumping mail and ballots in New Jersey dumpsters

A good example of chain of custody broken with mail-in ballots.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:41 AM

1,880 posts, read 655,640 times
Quote:
Quote:
There should be only one source of ballots -- the state.
Quote:
Texas has 254 counties, each with different election races. Harris County, where Houston is, has nearly 100 races in a general election. Some of those races vary depending on which Congressional district you live in. If the mail ballots were required to be sent by the State of Texas instead of each county, there would be mass confusion and many incorrect ballots sent out. And that's ignoring the fact that the State Legislature wouldnot fund the Secretary of State's office at a level that would allow the work to be done there.
The county is the state, which is my point. There should be no one else handling the ballots, whether before or after the voter received them, that mean only the state should mail them out and only the state should receive them from the voters, and that mean no ballot harvesting, no 'helping' the voter which 'helping' can mean anything.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with automatic voter registration.
Yes, there is all the way up to the philosophical level. In contract laws, we spell out everything as precise as possible to eliminate assumptions, from leasing an apartment to buying a car. Automatic voter registration mean the state is assuming that I am going to vote. Whether I will actually vote or not, is not the point. Philosophically speaking, we should not assume anything of a personal nature.

Quote:
Registration of cars is for tax purposes. Period. Not relevant to this discussion. Plus, it can be done online and without proof of ID.
Absolutely my example is relevant and more than appropriate.

The crux of demanding the relaxation of voting rules, from no excuse absentee ballot to harvesting, rests on physical and environmental factors. It is too hot/cold. Live too far. Do not want to stand in line. Work hours. And so on and on. And yet, we have no problems making adjustments to register your car, go to the doctor, lie to your boss about being sick so you can stand in line to buy Taylor Swift tickets, and so on. But when it comes to getting a free ID, or go to vote in-person, the Left make it sound like trekking thru the Sahara. Give me a break.

Quote:
Registering voters is not the same as annoying people in line to vote.
How do you know am annoying people waiting in line to vote? Am just 'educating' them about the issues and how the candidates stands. I have late information that may change their minds.

Quote:
Quote:
How is this 'suppression'? If you are 16 yrs old, you are ineligible to vote. Once you are 18 yrs old, you can register to vote. No 'suppression' here. What if you are an Army dependent and your parents have orders to relocate? The state now have a zombied registered name.
Quote:
That's quite the reach. Preregistration ensures that people who will be eligible to vote are already registered. For example, Texas allows preregistration at age 17 years and 10 months. Texas also requires that voters be registered 30 days prior to the election. Without preregistration, someone who turns 18 less than 30 days before the election would not be able to vote.

As for your example of a military family, would it not be incumbent on that family to inform the voter registrar that they had moved? The military member would be a zombie as well without that notification. In addition, the military and families are allowed to vote in their permanent home of record, so why would there be a need to change anything?
Incumbent? That word effectively invalidate every argument you have. Now you asserted that the voter bears responsibility to the state.

If you are 16 yrs old, it is incumbent (YOUR word) on you to wait until you are 18 to register to vote. It is not the state's responsibility to remember that for you. How is that 'voter suppression' as argued? To me, pre-registration is more like leaving clues for partisan politics to exploit.

If you are 18 and if you remember to get ready for prom, high school graduation party, college preparation, and register for Selective Service, but unable to remember to register to vote? Failure to register to the Selective Service database is punishable up to five yrs prison and $250k fine. But I cannot remember to register to vote when there is no penalty?

We should ban pre-registration to vote.

Quote:
ERIC is better than anything else out there. It would be even better if states were required to participate. As it is, red states are dropping out of ERIC and making their own voter roll maintenance more difficult.
What should be the penalty for NOT participating? A law must have an accompanying punishment. This is no different. What should be the penalty to a state for not participating in the ERIC database?

Quote:
Irrelevant. And you are ignoring how difficult it would be for the state to get those records

Sure, let's gather another billion pieces of information that are irrelevant

States do not have as much access as you think they do, nor do they have the capacity to deal with that volume of data.
If COVID enable the states to ignore current laws and even state constitutions, states can change their own laws to make it easier for them to create their own voter databases without sharing them. You are making weak excuses.

Quote:
Oh no, Soros! Run for your lives!
Soros collapsed the British pound, remember? Or how about Mark Zuckerberg spend hundreds of millions to influence the recent election, aka 'Zuckbucks'? No 'dark money' there, right? The Left got the Kochs. The Right got Soros.

Quote:
There is no evidence that ERIC has done anything other than compile the data to make voter roll purges more effective by allowing states to find voters registered in more than one state, or who have died, etc. States do not, on their own, have the ability to do what ERIC does.
If the states can voluntarily compile the data and submit to ERIC, they can keep that data and maintain their own databases without sharing. There are no TECHNICAL barriers, and as for the legal barriers, states can come up with ways to deal with that as COVID did.

First, the Left selectively infantilize some people to justify doing away with ballot security issues, now YOU are infantilizing the states into incompetence.

Quote:
Ethnicity data is accumulated everywhere. If it's not collected, how do you know whether discrimination is occurring? Or whether more efforts need to be made to reach minority voters to encourage them to register?
I have no problems being cynical about this. More like leaving clues for partisans to exploit minorities.

Quote:
How does anyone know how someone voted?
Not 'someone' but a group. Joe Biden said: 'Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.'

That is a sign that the Democratic Party have better than good confidence of blacks as a group to vote Democratic, and that confidence came from a combination of voter 'education', persuasion, shaming, and even intimidation. Whether that confidence is correct or misguided is not the point. By NOT recording race/ethnic when registering to vote would leave partisans mostly blind as to which group should vote which way. YOU cannot deny the reality that the Democratic Party counts on non-whites, urban soccer moms, young college age females, and the list of sub-demos is long. The state should have no business providing even hints of which voters are of which race/ethnic groups.

Quote:
You weren't born here and have no idea how much suppression has been going on for many decades.
You are correct that am not US borne, but incorrect that I am clueless on racial issues. But I will leave that aside.

Why is it that the Left does not cry 'voter suppression' in the military? Because our ballots, if compromised, would be statistically worthless. The USS Enterprise have about 5000 sailors and their origins spreads throughout the country. Same with their votes: all over the country. Not worth the efforts to steal military ballots or even try to recruit military members for partisan politics. And yet, if we want to use the military methods for voting security, it is 'voter suppression'.

My CO did not pre-register young airmen who never voted before because the military believes it is INCUMBENT on the individuals to do their civic duties. Remember, 'incumbent' is YOUR word. So why should states pre-register 16 yrs old?

My CO did not assist anyone on how and who to vote. The best the military can do is provide a 'Voting Assistance Officer' (VAO) on the procedures but not the politics. But we know that partisans do more than just showing how to fill out forms.

My CO did NOT help the military keep track of how many Asians, blacks, whites, or Hispanics, in his unit registered to vote. States should do the same. Just how many registered to vote, and no more.

My CO from Cannon AFB did not share voter data with the CO of RAF Upper Heyford when I transferred. The military believes it is not its business. States should follow this example.

Yes, I am aware of the racial issues in the US, but never once have I experienced any problems from anyone with voting, in and out of the military. Every demand from the Right on voting integrity and security exists in the military. Where is 'voter suppression' now?

Old 12-20-2023, 11:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,407,966 times

That was a dude just being too lazy to do his job:

...He’s accused of dumping 1,875 pieces of mail in two dumpsters, one in North Arlington and the other in West Orange. The mail in the North Arlington dumpster contained 98 general election ballots; mail found in the West Orange dumpster had one general election ballot...

5% of the mail he dumped were ballots and they totaled less than 100 ballots total. It's a given that these 99 ballots were not all for the same candidates. This was not some sort of election conspiracy.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:49 AM

1,880 posts, read 655,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

...He’s accused of dumping 1,875 pieces of mail in two dumpsters, one in North Arlington and the other in West Orange. The mail in the North Arlington dumpster contained 98 general election ballots; mail found in the West Orange dumpster had one general election ballot...

5% of the mail he dumped were ballots and they totaled less than 100 ballots total. It's a given that these 99 ballots were not all for the same candidates. This was not some sort of election conspiracy.
Would you excuse your doctor if he is lazy?

Old 12-20-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Would you excuse your doctor if he is lazy?
I'm not excusing anyone, first of all.

The point is, this guy broke the law in an effort to shirk his job duties, NOT in an effort to change the election outcome.

I hope they threw the book at him, personally.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:53 AM

Quote:

You are the one injecting "conspiracy" into the post. My point was "A good example of chain of custody broken with mail-in ballots."

Old 12-20-2023, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post

You are the one injecting "conspiracy" into the post. My point was "A good example of chain of custody broken with mail-in ballots."

The post you quoted said nothing about chain of custody, and neither did yours when I quoted you.

So, smack yourself some more - your ninja edits are not my responsibility.

Old 12-20-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
The post you quoted said nothing about chain of custody, and neither did yours when I quoted you.

So, smack yourself some more - your ninja edits are not my responsibility.
So, are you admitting the example shows chain of custody being broken with mail-in voting?

Old 12-20-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
So, are you admitting the example shows chain of custody being broken with mail-in voting?
Did the ballots appear to be tampered with in any way?

It's not like mail carriers are doing any sort of forensic verification on mail in ballots when they take them out of your mailbox and then putting them in a specially secured container for the trip back to the Post Office.

So, no. I don't agree with your assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies