Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2024, 09:02 AM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepizza1975 View Post
"Value" meals upsized to large are around $12 at most fast food chains around here (Wendy's, Whataburger, McDonald's, etc.)

I'm in Texas where the minimum wage is still $7.25/hr.

I blame corporate greed.
FYI-

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/McDonald%...%2036%20months.

Quote:
Average McDonald's Crew Member hourly pay in Dallas is approximately $12.05, which is 9% below the national average.

Salary information comes from 134 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.

Old 01-19-2024, 09:06 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,422,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
In the Clown World that we've constructed over the last decade or so, we've made it OK in society to smoke MJ while demonizing tobacco, despite the fact that studies have shown that the damage done to MJ smokers is far greater than tobacco smokers because they inhale deeper and hold it longer in their lungs. Furthermore, as MJ is studied more and more, we're seeing a huge uptick in mental illness caused by THC. The stuff sold today is highly concentrated and for many, psychological damage to the brain occurs.

Today, people are high at work, all day, everyday. It's having a HUGE negative impact on society. We'll learn more and more as time goes on, but I could see some states beginning to walk back some of their "recreational use" laws, adding more limitations and restrictions on the substance.

Dr. Drew warns over marijuana studies revealing 'extremely worrisome' data
Long time tobacco smokers are so addicted they have a cigarette lit CONSTANTLY. It is poison to everyone around them.

Even if MJ is bad for health, at least no one smokes it constantly.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:27 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,150,103 times
Why, you ask? Answer: inflation and the minimum wage hikes. They've gone from people at the counter to self-ordering machines. The food is subpar, at best. I'll cook at home or head out to a place that offers good value for my buck.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:29 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Why, you ask? Answer: inflation and the minimum wage hikes. They've gone from people at the counter to self-ordering machines. The food is subpar, at best. I'll cook at home or head out to a place that offers good value for my buck.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Nice steak and good bottle of wine at home....cheaper then fast food.
Oh, yes - add to that, the atmosphere and dining companion of home - can't be beat!

Old 01-19-2024, 10:49 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Long time tobacco smokers are so addicted they have a cigarette lit CONSTANTLY. It is poison to everyone around them.

Even if MJ is bad for health, at least no one smokes it constantly.
I'm not saying smoking tobacco is safe (I have never used tobacco bc I don't want to die from a terrible disease/cancer that is 100% preventable), I'm saying smoking anything/everything is UNSAFE. But in the Clown World, we have made it easier to consume a harmful product that we don't fully understand the long term effects of.

The MJ users I know do it daily. It's part of their routine. I smell it first thing in the morning. That's people doing the whole Wake-y Bake-y routine. They continue to consume throughout the day. Many MJ users, use frequently (but they all claim they're not addicted to it, LOL)

Old 01-19-2024, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know where you get a cup of coffee that cheap anymore. I'm pretty sure it's way more than that at Starbucks, although I don't drink their coffee.

But a cup of coffee at the damn corner diner is now $3.15.
I hear ya. Went to a local IHOP here in the Cities; $3.49 for a cup of joe. Crazy!

Old 01-19-2024, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
I hear ya. Went to a local IHOP here in the Cities; $3.49 for a cup of joe. Crazy!
I brew coffee at home. Just bought a large container from CostCo for $8.99 on sale. And when I'm not at home, I drink it at work.

I'm spending pennies for a cup of coffee and it tastes better than burnt Starbucks, for a fraction of the price and I can enjoy it from the comforts of my home.

Old 01-19-2024, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know where you get a cup of coffee that cheap anymore. I'm pretty sure it's way more than that at Starbucks, although I don't drink their coffee.

But a cup of coffee at the damn corner diner is now $3.15.
I was just referring to a cup of regular coffee and not one of their mixed coffee drinks, which will definitely run over $5+/cup.

I stopped going to Starbucks when the Woke Mind Disease began infiltrating them with the whole bathroom thing.

Old 01-19-2024, 02:35 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
I was just referring to a cup of regular coffee and not one of their mixed coffee drinks, which will definitely run over $5+/cup.

I stopped going to Starbucks when the Woke Mind Disease began infiltrating them with the whole bathroom thing.
I just don't care for the burnt taste.

I rarely buy coffee out anymore. I need caffeine first thing in the morning or I am cranky, so I make it in my percolator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies