Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 09:25 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Comparing even stronger weed edibles and concentrate to meth is ridiculous.

I can take weed or leave it. I like it, but it's not something I crave like alcohol. I've never been combative, or even said anything rude, stoned like I might when I'm drinking. You don't see stoners with meth or that drawn up, sunken look of a meth addict.
My understanding is cannabis psychosis is fairly rare but increases in the THC levels is apparently contributing to the increase in these cases.

I was a smoker in my younger days. Last time I partook was maybe 10 years ago. Granted I'm older and IMO one's body chemistry changes which can change the way some things affect you but the last I smoked was not your 1970's, 80's or even 90's pot. While it has never made me crazy or combative it is definitely different.
About a year ago I took 1/2 a delta 8 to sleep better as a couple of people I know talked about how it really helped them to sleep. About midnight my eyes popped open and it was like I did a foot long line of coke. I didn't sleep the remainder of the night. Never again! I'll stick to Tylenol PM when I have trouble sleeping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2024, 09:26 AM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
So what you are saying is that college educated people can't suffer from mental illness? Your message is utter nonsense that defies logic.
I saw wayyyy too much drug use while I was in the dorms. I also know a couple that are both attorneys that live on top of La Jolla that do hard drugs routinely.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:29 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How is this any different than killing someone while driving drunk, other than this was done purposefully?
Accident/Purposely. Unintentional/intentional. Poor judgement/maniacal violence.

Car Accident versus 108 stab wounds?

Cats/Dogs. Two entirely different things.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:32 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My understanding is cannabis psychosis is fairly rare but increases in the THC levels is apparently contributing to the increase in these cases.

I was a smoker in my younger days. Last time I partook was maybe 10 years ago. Granted I'm older and IMO one's body chemistry changes which can change the way some things affect you but the last I smoked was not your 1970's, 80's or even 90's pot. While it has never made me crazy or combative it is definitely different.
About a year ago I took 1/2 a delta 8 to sleep better as a couple of people I know talked about how it really helped them to sleep. About midnight my eyes popped open and it was like I did a foot long line of coke. I didn't sleep the remainder of the night. Never again! I'll stick to Tylenol PM when I have trouble sleeping.
I have no idea what older pot was like.

Personally, I never got much off of smoking. I've only ever smoked socially with family members. I don't like to smoke anything.

I took a 15mg D8 edible Sunday. I hadn't had one in well over six months. I was comfortably high, slept better than normal. I had a bit of the whole "mind racing" thing you're describing, but I haven't had one in a long time, so I'm sure my tolerance is down.

My dad gave me my first edible four or five years ago. It was a D9 from Colorado. I had no idea what I was doing, so I ate the entire thing. I was high as hell for probably twelve hours and basically hallucinating for hours of that. I basically laid in bed scrambled from that afternoon until the next morning.

But there's no way I had enough motor skills to do much of anything to anyone.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:33 AM

335 posts, read 154,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not sure how crazy she was, having a PhD and all, but whatever suites the narrative.......
Josef Mengele had a PhD in Anthropology. Not sure what your point is here.

Of course there's this:

In her cross-examination of Spejcher, prosecutor Audry Nafziger portrayed Spejcher as someone who “enjoyed getting intoxicated†and had more than a passing familiarity with cannabis. Nafziger read Spejcher’s text messages with her friends from 2018 that talked about getting drunk many times, missing a morning of work due to a hangover and eating edible forms of cannabis. Nafziger also questioned Spejcher’s assertion that O’Melia pressured her to smoke weed, pointing out that she didn’t mention any pressure or intimidation in most of her previous retellings of the story to police detectives and doctors.

Sounds like the chick was quite the little party animal and used "weed psychosis" as a defense for offing her BF.

But hey... Whatever suits the narrative, right?

Old 01-24-2024, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
Josef Mengele had a PhD in Anthropology. Not sure what your point is here.
Evil <> Mentally insane.

My point is clear, and easy to understand.

Quote:
Sounds like the chick was quite the little party animal and used "weed psychosis" as a defense for offing her BF.
That's how the prosecution tried to dress the incident, but clearly it didn't fly

Old 01-24-2024, 09:39 AM

19,629 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
These crazy people were crazy before they smoked or ingested cannabis products. And, they are still crazy after. But, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Maybe but the problem is when they never had a psychotic episode prior to the trigger, there's no way of knowing ahead of time. That is what is scary. This woman also vomited after taking the last hit and going psychotic so she was getting too much of something from this bong. Really tragic for everyone involved.

Old 01-24-2024, 09:43 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
stabbed 108 times with three different knives. was out on probation ever since it happened 5 years ago. walks free.

unreal.
California, most wacked out state in the union

Old 01-24-2024, 09:47 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:

Personally, I never got much off of smoking. I've only ever smoked socially with family members. I don't like to smoke anything.

I took a 15mg D8 edible Sunday. I hadn't had one in well over six months. I was comfortably high, slept better than normal. I had a bit of the whole "mind racing" thing you're describing, but I haven't had one in a long time, so I'm sure my tolerance is down.

My dad gave me my first edible four or five years ago. It was a D9 from Colorado. I had no idea what I was doing, so I ate the entire thing. I was high as hell for probably twelve hours and basically hallucinating for hours of that. I basically laid in bed scrambled from that afternoon until the next morning.

Drugs affect people in different ways

Old 01-24-2024, 09:47 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:

Definitely the bolded. But the point is chemicals/drugs can have different effects on different people and sometimes there is a rare reaction.

My experience with old pot was that it was warm and fuzzy, made me relaxed yet seemed to amplify some senses, made me laugh and giggle and ponder the wonders of the universe. The worst thing was a little paranoia in some situations.
Last time it made me stare a one particular small rock on the ground for 2 or 3 hours straight unable to commutate with anyone. I figure if I am unfortunate enough to end up in a nursing facility, that's what that will be like so heck with that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies