Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 09:21 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Did you actually read the article?

"Fran Itkoff, 90, from California, had been volunteering with the charity for over 60 years, however, she was gobsmacked when bosses forced her to step down after an email exchange with colleagues regarding pronouns.

The 90-year-old was allegedly asked by an unnamed worker at the non-profit group to use her pronouns, however, Itkoff did not understand the request.

“I was confused. I didn’t know what it was and what it meant,” she said.

“Because it sounds like you are labelling for females, not males, if you are just putting in she/her,” she said during an interview with Libs of TikTok."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=90+yea...532080&pc=HCTS

I think somebody should have explained to her what it meant. The punishment is way too harsh.

They take a truly selfless woman out of a volunteer position because she doesn't understand what pronouns are, and she did not hurt anybody's feelings either. She just ASKED a question.

I think it is truly sad that some people think asking questions should be viewed as an act of aggression.

I've noticed more and more how the ideologues will use pronouns as a diversion from the real issues. This woman has 60 years of volunteering experience. How about just let her do her job and helping to get people the help they need with a serious medical condition. Explain to her what pronouns are, I am pretty sure she will listen and learn. What is the big deal?
Imagine her world as a young woman in the 50’s compared to these pink/blue haired obese psycho’s of today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 09:22 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Some facts and analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtjXesBcNw

Old 02-21-2024, 10:04 AM

3,850 posts, read 1,792,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Hardcore progressives/leftists are heartless to those that view things differently than themselves. They put up the façade that they are compassionate giving people (usually with other people $$$), but they have no tolerance of opposing viewpoints and will literally try to destroy your livelihood if you dare to differ.
Isn't that the truth. if someone politely disagrees with any of their nonsensical ideas they don't allow difference of opinion.

Old 02-21-2024, 11:33 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Update:
Quote:

“We realize now that we made a mistake.” “As an organization, we fell short.” “We did not have clear protocols in place.” “We apologized to Fran directly.”
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...287675/photo/1

Old 02-21-2024, 11:46 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
They concerned themselves with important things instead of BS.
They had real world concerns. Not like today, where the pampered snowflakes, who have to invent problems to make them feel relevant. They sit on top of the shoulders of the giants who created this world of luxury . These snowflakes have everything they could ever want right at their fingertips.

Today, everyone has a cell phone or a computing device, they can order everything they need, and it will be delivered to their door. Evey bit of knowledge and information from recorded history is a simple swipe or keystroke away. And yet, these people have wound themselves up so tight, that they fear the end of the world is at hand, and that's only if someone misgenders them, because they dress and act like an androgynous freak with purple hair.

Old 02-21-2024, 12:00 PM

9,989 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Update:
“We realize now that we made a mistake.” “As an organization, we fell short.” “We did not have clear protocols in place.” “We apologized to Fran directly.”

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...287675/photo/1
TRANSLATION: "We held our ground for a month, but eventually the viral backlash threatened our revenue stream."

Old 02-21-2024, 02:32 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,715,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Honestly, they shouldn't be let off the hook that easily. The only reason they made any statement at all was because it was very likely hitting them in their bank accounts.

Nothing in that statement said that their policy was wrong. The only thing that is apparently going to change is they will now add more bureaucracy to their organization to make sure that people understand their DIE(err...DEI) policy. When an organization cares more about worrying if someone is going to get upset because they were called the wrong "pronoun" than the actual issue their organization is built on, you know you have a problem.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:55 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
While we acted at the time with the best intentions, we did not have clear protocols in place. We should have spent more time with Fran to help her understand why, as an organization, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive movement where everyone has equitable access to the care, connections, and support they need to live their best lives.
https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...erosis-Society

In other words, "We didn't shove the propaganda down her throat hard enough. We should have taken more time to force her to submit." If this is their idea of an apology, they've got a long way to go.

Quote:
As we discussed earlier during our phone conversation, after a thorough review of our guidelines and standards, it has come to our attention that there has been a failure to abide by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion guidelines during your time as a volunteer.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...110604/photo/1

Personally, I would regard this as a commendation.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:57 PM

5,986 posts, read 2,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Did you see the interview? Do you think this 90-year-old who has volunteered for 60 years is lying?
It sounds like you believe that people should not have independent thought or challenge anything. Should we just go along with laws and rules and policy and do what we are told even when we disagree or feel it is unnecessary, unfair, or just wrong?
They could, I still don’t understand this idea of “old people don’t lie or oversell”. Your President is old, are you saying he cannot lie due to age? Which old congressman are you letting off for lying due to age.

What the hell does age have to do with truthfulness?

I know what you know, one side of the story. That is literally all anyone knows about this but some of these post read as if we have the recording and confirmed everything. I can’t do that, I need to hear the call to judge this interaction.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:02 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
They could, I still don’t understand this idea of “old people don’t lie or oversell”. Your President is old, are you saying he cannot lie due to age? Which old congressman are you letting off for lying due to age.

What the hell does age have to do with truthfulness?

I know what you know, one side of the story. That is literally all anyone knows about this but some of these post read as if we have the recording and confirmed everything. I can’t do that, I need to hear the call to judge this interaction.
https://clip.cafe/titanic-1997/thats-right-s47/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies