Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 01:04 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

This is really not all that unexpected. It's as if white people are so evil and disgusting, asking for images of them is just too controversial for Google.

Google Gemini is accused of being racist towards white people: Users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people - after asking for photos of Popes, Vikings, and country music fans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2024, 01:14 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,263,394 times
The irony of course is that this type of AI behaviour is a direct result of data scientists trying to "prevent bias" in the models. Their genius solution is to _introduce_ bias to have the model's output match their own perception (i.e. "bias") of what the model "should" be producing. This was not a "mistake" or a "bug", this is precisely the type of behaviour that the DS's intended, they just didn't expect the real world pushback and their corp. bosses reaction to it.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:19 PM

Here's a video of a YouTuber trying to use Gemini live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69vx8ozQv-s

Old 02-22-2024, 01:22 PM

17,405 posts, read 14,637,091 times
This a a pretty funny thread of someone trying to get it to come up with a picture of a white person.

https://x.com/imao_/status/176009385...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

They tried “someone eating a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread” and “someone bad at dancing.” And still no whites. Lmao

Old 02-22-2024, 01:24 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is really not all that unexpected. It's as if white people are so evil and disgusting, asking for images of them is just too controversial for Google.

Google Gemini is accused of being racist towards white people: Users claim the AI bot refuses to create images of Caucasian people - after asking for photos of Popes, Vikings, and country music fans
Oh dear Lord, poor white people. I can say that, right? (I’m only speaking specifically to the posted topic)

You need to realize that you people have EVERYTHING, yet you all still complain about society somehow being unfair to you. Please give me the list of horrible things that have held you back or down over the last 500 or so years. Do you actually believe that you’ve been oppressed? Or prevented from achieving success?

AI’s information is created by and fed into by people who look just like you. And just like some people who look like you don’t want people who look like me to have anything but prison or a pine box … yes AI is bound to have biases (advantage you).

Last edited by SerlingHitchcockJPeele; 02-22-2024 at 01:36 PM..

Old 02-22-2024, 01:31 PM

1,220 posts, read 513,959 times
It's bad everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=904xN8YIQd4

Old 02-22-2024, 01:32 PM

1,220 posts, read 513,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Oh dear Lord, poor white people. I can say that, right? (I’m only speaking specifically to the posted topic)

You need to realize that you people have EVERYTHING, yet you all still complain about society somehow being unfair to you. Please give me the list of horrible things that have held you back or down over the last 500 or so years. Do you actually believe that you’ve been oppressed? Or prevented from achieving success?

AI’s information is created by and fed into by people who look just like you. And just like some people who look like you don’t want people who look like me to have anything but prison or a pine box … yes AI is bound to have biases.
Commie alert

Old 02-22-2024, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This a a pretty funny thread of someone trying to get it to come up with a picture of a white person.

https://x.com/imao_/status/176009385...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

They tried “someone eating a mayonnaise sandwich on white bread” and “someone bad at dancing.” And still no whites. Lmao
This is exactly the same way that Chat GPT was shown to be biased. You would ask GPT to write a complimentary poem about Trump, and it would refuse, claiming he was too controversial. and yet asking the same GPT to write a complimentary poem about Biden, and it immediately does so.

In this case it was controversial to ask for a picture of a "white family," but a black family picture was immediately complied with.

Between government and these tech corporations, they are trying to create a culture where simply being a white person or not being a Democrat is controversial and unacceptable.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:52 PM

Apparently Google received a lot of well deserved backlash from the racists and woke programing that went into it. So now they promise to be better. But this does not include the woke gender programing. People have been noticing that Gemini takes every opportunity to ignore gender specific requests, like the person who asked for a picture on a "scientist in his lab." Gemini replied with a scientist in "their lab" and proceeded to show images of women.

Google making changes after Gemini AI portrayed people of color inaccurately

Gemini’s racially diverse image output comes amid long-standing concerns around racial bias within AI models, especially a lack of representation for minorities and people of color. Such biases can directly harm people who rely on AI algorithms, such as in health care settings, where AI tools can affect health care outcomes for hundreds of millions of patients.

Google cannot just allow a program to create images that the people actually request, they feel the need to infer the person using the program has racist and harmful intentions. So Gemini must intervene and thwart their evil racist and misogynist agenda... yadda, yadda.

Old 02-22-2024, 01:58 PM

4,545 posts, read 2,269,608 times
And people laugh at the great replacement theory. All I have to do is watch TV. Everyone is either black or mixed. Mr. and Mrs. Smith is now black and Asian. They keep remaking shows/movies and replacing white people. The black national anthem (wonder how other minorities feel about that???). I work in the corporate world and God forbid you have a picture of a white person in your power point presentation. That is strictly a no-no.

People can laugh all they want but it's not going to stop the replacement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies