Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 06:45 PM

25,798 posts, read 18,840,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its going to be a very depressed, negative place until 2028
If the leftists win, it's going to be a whole lot worse than that.

Old 02-24-2024, 06:49 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why do you say that Trump can't win? Do you know something that we don't know?
The graphic I included was integral to the message being sent and was deleted, completely changing the message. This link is where the screenshot came from.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/ele...president/2024

Old 02-24-2024, 06:57 PM

17,666 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Oh, I believe with the top issues being illegal immigration and the economy, that Trump can win the general election! I don't see how you can possibly think that he would not win. Now, there is a chance that Biden will once again be "PUT" into the presidency, but it is going to be much more difficult without COVID to lean on, and I suspect there will be plenty of volunteers for poll watching, as well as, people who want to work the polls that are concerned about the way things were done the last time.

Dems won't sweep anything, except maybe the floors! Republicans have done an awesome job keeping Biden in his place, as in not the Dictator of the USA! Kamala? Takes over? Did you mean falls over as she sways back and forth slurring her words? Yeah, they are propping up Biden just to keep her out of the presidency. Heck, she is so inadequate that they may throw the race to Trump just to get a break from having to offer her a chance at the presidency.

All of this is premature, as we don't know what condition Biden will be in. He is declining rapidly now, and it is like 6 months until the Convention. Who knows where Biden will be by then? No one knows.

DeSantis could not win, too far to the right. Country may move more to the right by 2028, so it might be his chance then. With the mess that Biden and Dems have created, it is very possible that more will move to the right, even the far right!

Haley was stupid enough to think she had a chance, but now her only motive is to disrupt the GOP, so we can't get down to the business of defeating Biden, although Biden is doing an excellent job of defeating himself lately - Full Biden will mean no Biden to worry about!

Women, blacks, latinos, young, old are turning to Trump. So much anger over the Biden Administration. And, abortion is a state issue, so women that would send their baby to the medical trash can will address that at the state issue, which I am sure the OP feels is all that women think or care about, wake up thinking about, shop for groceries with 50% increase and yet are thinking about abortion, get laid off from work and still just thinking about abortion, have their kids failing tests, but knowing all the sexual positions and techniques like the back of their hand and still just thinking about abortion, rent and utilities are increasing, but still their number one issue is abortion. Seriously as a woman, I am really hoping that women care more about the real issues facing the country, and realize that abortion is a state issue, as otherwise, it takes them back to when they were the inferior sex where all they had to worry about was whether they had gotten pregnant or not! I don't know who those women are that see abortion as more important than the economy and illegal immigration, but I am proud to say that I am not one of them!
Anyone can beat Biden. The only person who could possibly lose to him is Trump, so if Biden wins again, you own it.

Old 02-24-2024, 06:58 PM

9,115 posts, read 6,329,862 times
Quote:
The majority of the country votes on emotion, so policy isn't the number 1 priority here. Trump P's off too many voters as he can't stop running his mouth and attacking people. In the past sure that worked. It doesn't work anymore.. Trump cannot win the young or female vote. It would take a total witch like Hillary as opposition.
When the economy is going well, some people cast their votes over emotion-driven issues but when people are feeling intense pain in the pocketbook money matters supersede emotional topics.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:08 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,568,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Trump will be running against much more than Biden and the democrats. Trump will be running against the media which will do whatever it takes to manipulate the American people.
The media loves Trump, his antics are good for ratings and ratings lead to more advertiser's dollars.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:15 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Lets face it Trump can't win the general election and Repubs have shown they can't handle the house at all. . Dems will sweep the presidency, Senate and House. Once Kamala takes over during the biden 2nd term ... oh boy...

the GOP probably should have went with DeSantis or Haley since less baggage
"Trump can't win the general election" is a foolish statement. I'd give it a 50/50 at this point, pretty much as it was in 2016 and in 2020. Plenty of people in this country that think they want an autocrat in office. Baffling but that's the reality.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:21 PM

30,184 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
A poll is not a vote. At the actual moment of vote casting very few republicans will vote Biden (which is actually Harris).
As I have said many times on here. The dems are not voting for Biden or Harris. They are voting against Trump. That is why Biden beat him in 2020. You put DeSantis in there. That voting against Trump mentality goes away. And DeSantis wins by 20. There is still time to make a move at the convention. But I will say this. Trump is smart. He put his relative in charge of the RNC. He is worried about being replaced at the convention. Putting her in makes that harder.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:29 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
All the Republicans have to do is show the clips of Biden falling down repeatedly and getting tongue tied repeatedly and Trump will win. The swing voters are the campaign commercial watchers.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:38 PM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Nope he can't win.. The women vote will sink him. Gen Z vote won't help him either
You said the same thing in 2016.

Old 02-24-2024, 07:46 PM

16,102 posts, read 10,766,542 times
Quote:
I would not be so sure of that. There are a large number of people who are fed up with the democrats and the media manipulation.
All of those people will already vote for Trump or a right winger substitute. They see the world through Trump goggles and listen to bubble-speak. To them Trump’s fake claims of victim hood and persecution are real. Most voters know better. They are very tired of Trump and his lies and antics to gain attention. The more he squawks and complains the more people are turned off. We will see the pattern of ticket splitting like we did in 2020. Real conservatives and rational Republicans will not vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies