Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2024, 10:10 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I heard not paying taxes means you’re smart!
One thing to actually earn the money and use all the loopholes to avoid taxes - quite another to illegally obtain the money, not report it - another crime - and have the Feds look the other way.

If Republicans had balls - there would be lawsuits galore against Dems because we all know they're as dirty as their counterparts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 10:44 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

The Biden's took in at least $15M "selling the brand" overseas.

So, let's say you don't think they did anything illegal....

This thread is not to debate that

Tell me why I should pay my taxes, when they didn't pay taxes on any of the $15,000,000 in income?

You should pay your taxes so the IRS doesn't come after you. Not worth it! Don't compare yourself to someone who is scamming the system or having their taxes due ignored by the IRS.

Old 02-29-2024, 05:25 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
I'm not very smart at all then. If you have top 1% money, you can structure your investments to get your overall tax load down to near nothing.

I'm a top 2%'er, so can't do that.

Tees me off that the Biden's will skate on this $6M, & the rest of us (honest ones like myself) are paying the full legal amount.

How can anyone be against the Biden's having to pay up? They are not denying the income.
Same here! Lol.

But I’m sure you get the reference I was making in my original post.

Old 02-29-2024, 05:47 PM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
None of the wealthy pay taxes. Funny how that works right ?? If you are due taxes - welcome to the peasant’s group.

The IRS and economists found in 2021 that the top 1% of earners don't report nearly a quarter of their income and that the top 0.1% of earners underreport at nearly twice that rate. The Treasury Department has found that the top 1% of American earners evade $163 billion in taxes annually, with the top .Oct 4, 2023

The methodology used for that $163 billion amount is highly suspect. [You should include your reference sources.]

The Treasury Department had to include exculpatory wording in their report.

"These estimates are based on imputations of undetected evasion using multipliers developed from earlier audit data. The advisability of so-called “detection-controlled estimation” (DCE) adjustments are debated in the literature, especially with respect to understanding the distribution of noncompliance."

https://home.treasury.gov/news/featu...on-the-tax-gap

Furthermore, the statistics used in the analysis overstate the tax rates paid by the bottom income groups and understates the percent of taxes paid by the upper income groups.

"Income tax after credits (the measure of “income taxes paid” above) does not account for the refundable portion of tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit. If the refundable portion were included, the tax share of the top income groups would be higher and the average tax rate of bottom income groups would be lower. The refundable portion is classified as a spending program by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and therefore is not included by the IRS in these figures."

https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/f...a-2023-update/

Old 02-29-2024, 05:59 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Well I suppose it depends on your definition of wealthy. You obviously don't know a lot of wealthy people. Most of the ones I know that are very well off, myself included, pay or have paid significant taxes. You do know that the top 1% pay the lion's share of income tax and nearly 50% of our population pays......NONE!
The wealthy I know from Miami would not be on a forum. They get a salary and invest, loan out their money or use their money as collateral, and they have their financial gurus to work it out for them. Most is business money, not personal income. I’m not a broker or high financial wizard, but I have been invited on some nice personal yachts in Las Olas. Different times. Never assume you know anyone’s experience in an anonymous forum.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:01 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
None of the wealthy pay taxes. Funny how that works right ?? If you are due taxes - welcome to the peasant’s group.

The IRS and economists found in 2021 that the top 1% of earners don't report nearly a quarter of their income and that the top 0.1% of earners underreport at nearly twice that rate. The Treasury Department has found that the top 1% of American earners evade $163 billion in taxes annually, with the top .Oct 4, 2023
That's just not true. The top 10% of income earners pay 76% of all income taxes paid in the US.

There is a difference in evading taxes (as the Bidens and other criminals do from illegal sources of income) and seeking legal tax breaks/deductions.

I am what we call "beer and potato chips" rich. I am a "1%er", but pay A TON of taxes every year. I have an accountant prepare our taxes and we certainly try to find all the deductions we can get, but end up paying a lot. So I don't know where all these tax dodgers are at, but I (as well as everyone I know) pays A LOT every year.

Guys like Buffet and Gates have all of their income via investment income (thus taxed at a lower rate) and certainly have extensive business deductions (as well as charitable donation deductions). Also, a good deal of their "annual income" comes from trusts, which limits the amount of taxes they pay as well. So I think the ULTRA RICH pay (on a percentage basis) less than those who have actual W-2 income, but that is the way the tax laws are. Unfortunately, those making the laws are heavily influenced by those donating to their own campaigns (both sides of the aisle), so I don't see a strong incentive to eliminate such deductions anytime soon.

I have a farm and COULD do some "funny stuff" with deductions for farm operations. However, I am not fond of the prospect of jail, so I do not take advantage of all the deductions I could potentially get. Better to stay out of trouble.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:05 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Bidens Pay Taxes the OP title is WRONG!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...2-tax-returns/

The President and First Lady filed their income tax return jointly and reported federal adjusted gross income of $579,514. They paid $169,820 in combined federal, Delaware, and Virginia income taxes. And their 2022 effective federal income tax rate is 23.8 percent.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:18 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Ah the daily scandal from Newsmax no less....

It says "regarding alleged financial transactions involving Hunter Biden" and doesn't Hunter already have tax issues he has to address. So why are we obsessed with a private citizen and his financial matters or is this just another attempt by Jordon to stay relevant seeing they have no case against the President....

Why are you worried about taxes you and the other supporters of the last President saw no problem when he (one of the richest businessmen in his words) paid almost no taxes, that was ok because he had business losses as people posted.
So, you are perfectly fine with the Biden family NOT paying taxes on $15,000,000 in undisputed income...we got your opinion noted.

Oh, & your attempted diversion from the Biden families failure to pay federal income taxes on $15M failed.

THE BIDEN FAMILY ARE PROVEN TAX CHEATS..bank records document the income, and no Biden is denying it. They are un-American.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:21 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Bidens Pay Taxes the OP title is WRONG!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...2-tax-returns/

The President and First Lady filed their income tax return jointly and reported federal adjusted gross income of $579,514. They paid $169,820 in combined federal, Delaware, and Virginia income taxes. And their 2022 effective federal income tax rate is 23.8 percent.
The Biden family are tax cheats and failed to pay ~$6,000,000 in federal income and payroll taxes on $15,000,000 worth of income they are NOT disputing.

Everyone posting here knows it, and cannot post any evidence otherwise...its known fact...the First family are crooks.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:22 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/j...28/id/1155369/

The Biden's took in at least $15M "selling the brand" overseas.

So, let's say you don't think they did anything illegal....

This thread is not to debate that

Tell me why I should pay my taxes, when they didn't pay taxes on any of the $15,000,000 in income?

The federal agencies knew of this income years ago, & still allowed the statute of limitation to run out on tax evasion charges.

The tax rate on the Biden's haul would be 37%, so they skated on $5,550,000 worth of federal taxes, plus state, FICA, medicare, & uninsurance payroll taxes which would easiy be another $500k, so $6,000,000 in all.

At the least, the Biden's should pay the $6,000,000 right now. They are not disputing the income. Agreed?
Why are you asking us this, that's a question only you can answer yourself, no need to ask us

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies