Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 11:46 AM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times

Advertisements

Damn, this thread was far more entertaining than I was expecting. LOL

Old 03-02-2024, 11:51 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Damn, this thread was far more entertaining than I was expecting. LOL
'Member when they accused Joe Rogan of taking horse paste (he was prescribed ivermectin) and tried to cancel him and his podcast?
That was entertaining.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
If it's JUST Ivermectin? Not much. The clinical data on this is very well known actually. Ivermectin has about 1/10th the side effects (in both severity and percentage chance of occurrence) as Ibuprofen. So what you're really asking is, "I just took too many Advil. Am I going to die? Is something terrible going to happen to me?" But of course the answer is that you have 1/10th as much to worry about. Too much Advil (super-commonly prescribed by doctors BTW) has an insanely low chance of hurting you. Too much much Ivermectin has way way way less chance of hurting you.

Now if there are additives in the horse Ivermectin that are unsafe for humans, that's another matter entirely. So the question has almost nothing to do with Ivermectin itself and everything to do with, "What else did they put in this pill?"

I will forever be puzzled by gullible idiots in our country who were scammed into believing that Ivermectin was some terrifying thing. In the middle of the pandemic, if some crunchy-hippy-trippy neighbor told you that taking two Advil every day for one week would help protect you from Covid-19, you likely wouldn't have batted an eye or even asked your doctor. You'd just take two Advil every day for one week because, "Eh, what the hell? Might work! What have I got to lose??"

The insane over-reaction against Ivermectin: "Methinks the lady doth protest too much." In other words, they were onto something that actually worked surprisingly well, and pharmaceutical companies stood to lose billions of dollars. But for some reason, we live in opposite-world, where Democrats blindly and implicitly believe everything big pharma tells them.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:13 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I am still kind of surprised that there liberals who actually think that ivermectin is only for horses, as if medicine could only possibly be used on one species.
It wasn't created for horses, dogs or anything else. It's purpose initially was to cure river-blindness in humans. River-blindness is an African disease caused by parasites. Over 4 billion doses of Ivermectin have been intentionally given to humans for it's exceptional anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties.

Then somebody figured out that Ivermectin is super-awesome at killing parasites in pretty much every mammal. So actually horses are being given "human-paste" as medicine.

Old 03-02-2024, 12:20 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
'Member when they accused Joe Rogan of taking horse paste (he was prescribed ivermectin) and tried to cancel him and his podcast?
That was entertaining.
Honestly, don't remember this at all, but I also don't really pay attention to Joe Rogan, or the people trying to cancel joe rogan. Still don't think it was as entertaining as some of the funny replies in this thread.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:18 AM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
So is it safe to ride you now, op?

Old 03-03-2024, 11:36 AM

708 posts, read 577,059 times
Hey, can you give me any tips on who to bet on for Preakness?

Old 03-03-2024, 11:44 AM

23,452 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey27520 View Post
Hey, can you give me any tips on who to bet on for Preakness?
Lol.

It's a pity the OP didn't take ivermectin meant for chickens. Then we might have been able to learn the answers to the age-old questions..."Why did the chicken cross the road" and "Which came first, the chicken or the egg".

Old 03-03-2024, 11:49 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It wasn't created for horses, dogs or anything else. It's purpose initially was to cure river-blindness in humans. River-blindness is an African disease caused by parasites. Over 4 billion doses of Ivermectin have been intentionally given to humans for it's exceptional anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties.

Then somebody figured out that Ivermectin is super-awesome at killing parasites in pretty much every mammal. So actually horses are being given "human-paste" as medicine.
100% true......

"Ivermectin is a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved antiparasitic drug used to treat several neglected tropical diseases, including onchocerciasis, helminthiases, and scabies. For these indications, ivermectin has been widely used and is generally well tolerated."

"How long does it take for ivermectin to work on parasites in humans?
A single oral dose of ivermectin ensures a 77%–100% cure rate. The cure rate increases to 97%–100% after one or two supplementary doses. The progression of tract formation stops in 2 days."

Old 03-03-2024, 12:21 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Willllllll -bur
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies