Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 12:30 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your prerogative not to believe the word from the horse's mouth but to project your own feeling onto others who have actually experienced the issue. Here are a few links to some of the claims I made. I would think you would want to do a little research on the subject.
You are the one who keeps responding. If you dont want to discuss it, dont.
Unplanned pregnancies:
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-...nintended.html
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...ancy/index.htm

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...bortion-access
Increase in tubal ligations:
https://truthout.org/articles/steril...le-post-dobbs/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/25/us/pe...cec/index.html
“I am hoping that with this change, the doctors will be more open to doing these procedures for unwed, non-parent women,” Childress said of the Supreme Court’s ruling.

I have been on the fence about children for years, but I decided to not have them until I was sure about it so I don’t ruin a child’s life,” she said. “Roe v. Wade feels like an ultimate slap to the face for women, and it is completely about control.”

Women are undecided about having kids:
https://www.businessinsider.com/im-o...hildren-2023-9
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-...b0689b3fbd9303
Physicians concern over legal risk and miscarriage care.

Concern about Legal Risk:

https://www.kff.org/report-section/a...age-Management
Abortion bans and restrictions can carry criminal penalties for clinicians that provide abortion care. Over four in ten (42%) OBGYNs report that they are very or somewhat concerned about their own legal risk when making decisions about patient care and the necessity of abortion. This is higher among OBGYNs identifying as women (47%), compared to men (34%). A higher share of OBGYNs practicing in states where abortion is banned (61%) and in states with gestational limits (59%) are concerned about their own legal risks compared to OBGYNs in states where abortion is available (27%) (Figure 7).

Of note, six in ten (62%) OBGYNs use mifepristone with misoprostol for miscarriage management. However, the availability of mifepristone for miscarriage management could be greatly restricted if the current litigation challenging the FDA approval of the drug results in a reversal of the approval process.
You and your fellow pro-abortion advocates are suffering from unwarranted fears and most are not getting tubal ligations because of Dobbs either. Most sane people would not do that as a solution to birth control if they want children in the future. I have told you that over and over again.

Now since you keep going off topic even though I have requested that you stop I have nothing more to say to you. I suggest you don't reply to me anymore under this topic either unless you get back on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2024, 01:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You and your fellow pro-abortion advocates are suffering from unwarranted fears and most are not getting tubal ligations because of Dobbs either. Most sane people would not do that as a solution to birth control if they want children in the future. I have told you that over and over again.

Now since you keep going off topic even though I have requested that you stop I have nothing more to say to you. I suggest you don't reply to me anymore under this topic either unless you get back on topic.
Got to have the last word?
I'm not pro abortion and I have no fears, my childbearing days are long past.
No most aren't getting tubal ligations because of Dobbs, but there it is 58 per 100,000 per month up from 3 per 100,000 per month post dobbs.

I did your googling for you and posted several links so it dosent matter what you told me, I'm going by the multiple articles, studies and surveys.

Old 04-16-2024, 02:52 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
The people who want others to have kids are usually the same people against the safety nets that would make people feel more safe bringing a kid into.

So they ain’t helping themselves.

Also, imagine having a daughter who might have less human rights than her great grandmother did. Yikes.

Immigrants will fill the gaps like they did in the 70’s and 80’s. And/or it will be The Hand Maid’s Tale any day now.
Indeed, and what you are suggesting has come to fruition, the right groups like Heritage screws themselves again by trying to manipulate and control reproduction. It looks like they forgot that even with the grand plan 2025 they can't manage people as readily as they thought they could:

Quote:
"There was an "abrupt increase" in young adults opting for vasectomies and tubal ligations after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June 2022, according a study in JAMA Health Forum. What they found: The University of Pittsburgh-led study found a particular jump in tubal ligations among women ages 18 to 30" Prior to Dobbs, rates of permanent sterilization among people 18 to 30 were slowly increasing at a rate of 2.8 per 100,000 person-months for women and 1 per 100,000 person-months for men, according to national medical record data from academic medical centers. But after the Supreme Court decision, the rate leapt by 58 procedures per 100,000 person-months for women and 27 per 100,000 person-months for men, results show." USNews

Last edited by 2sleepy; 04-16-2024 at 04:00 PM..

Old 04-16-2024, 03:09 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Most children at a young age want to do something positive. It gets beaten out of them by corporate America and hurdles to employment.

You can pay workers more without adding to inflation. It’s quite simple. Taxes. Greedflation by corporate America and the shareholder class is a big driver behind inflation. The same with companies like BlackRock buying up private housing.

What good is all this medical research doing us? Our life expectancy as a nation is dropping. We could do more for our population by ending animal industry subsidies and subsidizing whole fruits and vegetables as well as figuring out how to improve quality of life so people don’t drink so much or want to use drugs.
1. Smart kids axiomatically aren’t stupid. Virtually zero smart kids are going to sacrifice their 20s to give you cheap healthcare.

2. Paying low earners more is inflationary. Period. We have observed example after example.

3. Medical research is making lives better. Recent decreases in life expectancy are all about poor personal decisions mostly involving drugs. You know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies