Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 09:37 PM

1,709 posts, read 806,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Eventually no one will have to pay back their loan.

That $2 trillion of loan balances then becomes payable by taxpayers.
And in June the next class will get their 100 Billion and then the following June another class will get their 100 billion and so on and then the student loans will become nothing more than PARTY PARTY PARTY and the schools will charge more and more until . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 02:29 AM

4,380 posts, read 1,695,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You blame Republicans for everything,

Obama is the one that nationalized student loans
Biden is the one moving the debt to the taxpayer

And that is why we are where we are today
And the vast majority of forgiveness is coming from PSLF… signed into law by Bush. If the GOP was smart, they would start taking credit for the forgiveness, since it originally came from a Republican President.

And since you say I “blame Republicans for everything,” what exactly do I blame them for? And please, be specific.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 560,498 times
[quote=stone26;66562984]And the vast majority of forgiveness is coming from PSLF… signed into law by Bush. If the GOP was smart, they would start taking credit for the forgiveness, since it originally came from a Republican President.

And since you say I “blame Republicans for everything,” what exactly do I blame them for? And please, be specific.[/QUOTE

I'm sure somewhere at the outset of this program those in charge realized that if we actually want to attract anyone close to being the best and brightest to work for the government instead of the private sector, we need something to entice them. Hence the PSLF plan. That plus the pension and health benefits do a lot to defray some of the lost salary in equivalent jobs. It also allows for internal promotion and development of staff that can add institutional knowledge lacking in someone with the same degree and no work experience.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:48 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,211,966 times
I almost didn't open this thread because this is one of the things that, for me and for whatever reason, maddens me most about the Biden administration. Its completely wrong from a policy and equity perspective and then you layer on the fact that SCOTUS indicated this shouldn't happen but is being done anyway......simply wrong on so many levels,

Old 03-28-2024, 07:42 PM

4,380 posts, read 1,695,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I almost didn't open this thread because this is one of the things that, for me and for whatever reason, maddens me most about the Biden administration. Its completely wrong from a policy and equity perspective and then you layer on the fact that SCOTUS indicated this shouldn't happen but is being done anyway......simply wrong on so many levels,
You completely misunderstand the loan forgiveness program, and the SCOTUS decision.

Old 03-29-2024, 06:13 AM

4,621 posts, read 4,891,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Your biggest problem with Joe is that he upheld a program created by GWB????

Old 03-29-2024, 06:48 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Biden is buying votes.
I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a plan that anyone who registers as a democrat will have money added to their account. Register as a dem, get $5000

Old 04-12-2024, 06:28 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,704,195 times
Biden Wipes Out Another $7.4 Billion in Student Loan Debt

Quote:
President Biden canceled $7.4 billion in student loan debt on Friday as he tries to shore up support with young voters who are disproportionately affected by soaring education costs, but who may be drifting away over his policy on Israel and the war in Gaza.
Why not pay housing for MAGA voters so that they may switch to you?

Old 04-12-2024, 08:52 PM

43,073 posts, read 18,237,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Your biggest problem with Joe is that he upheld a program created by GWB????
You don't even realize he's using the law to break the law

Old 04-12-2024, 09:02 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Brings the total to nearly $150 billion…

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bid...rce=reddit.com
I am all for writing off college debt. As long as the colleges and universities are the ones absorbing the cost. They sell overpriced and under value degrees for obscene profits. When private schools do this, they get sued and the government fines them. When the big colleges do it, they get guaranteed funds from taxpayers. I wish I had a car lot where all the deadbeats got to sign a loan contract, stop paying and the government stepped in and made the payments. Man, what a racket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies