Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 06:57 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Libs source is CNN and MSNBC, NYT's, and The View. The Progressive Propaganda machine. Libs just Parrot what the machine spews.
And now exactly would that be any different than conservatives getting their information from Fox News (proven liars) and other right wing sources?

Old 03-22-2024, 07:07 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
Context is everything. Then when asked to clarify, he said he would 1) close the border and 2) drill, drill, drill.

Those policies being closing the border to stop immigration from the South and refocus efforts once again on on being energy independent by drilling (with the obvious target of eliminating reliance on other parts of the world that cause issues for us and them).

Are you opposed to those policies? That we can discuss vs. jumping up and down saying he is going to be dictator and intentionally taking things out of context which seems to be where we are today.
My morning paper informs me oil production is very high. So much so that all equipment needed for drilling and fracking is in use. How much more can Trump do? We export a lot of natural gas. Another terminal will be built on the Texas coast.

Old 03-24-2024, 07:30 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Posting bond legitimizes it. Let the government seize the property, then you can sue.
If you fail to come up with the money, and the government seizes your property, those are grounds for a lawsuit against the government?

Old 03-24-2024, 08:27 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCity56 View Post
I don’t know. Trump’s chances are pretty good. If I had a couple of billion, I’d probably be willing to risk half a billion to buy him. I’m sure Putin, China, the Saudis, or some American billionaire is considering it. Remember when he used to say he was an attractive candidate because he couldn’t be bought? He’s like a 10 dollar crack ***** hanging her butt out in some cut off shorts on Main St. at the moment. Even his attorneys admit he is very much for sale.
We'll see if he shows up tomorrow with a half a billion$ check in hand. Could be a last minute gift (loan/IOU) from Putin or Saudis or whoever.

Old 03-24-2024, 09:30 PM

20,042 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post

Yes, vote wisely, and not for Trump, foe his actions will hasten the destruction of the US as a Republic.
Ok. Enough. I need you to explain to this simpleton uneducated peasant exactly how, including facts and solid concrete info just how Donald Trump will destroy the US as a republic.
I’d like to know, like specifically, how he will do this. Because so far it has yet to be laid out.
Answers like “because” “he’s a conman” “a racist” etc, do not convey in a logical and factual based manner exactly how he is going to destroy the country. Please provide examples with proof. I eagerly await your response. Thank you.

Old 03-24-2024, 10:16 PM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
The number of private individuals who actually have that much cash on hand to loan him is pretty limited. There are plenty of billionaires in the world, and some may even consider a loan, but keeping that much in cash is generally not a wise use of funds. Most would not actually be able to front him the money, on any terms.
Liquidity is not just in the form of cash. Selling stocks or bonds, withdrawing $$$$$ from an investment account, it may take a few days and can then be wired directly. Big commerce is done all the time, people who are billionaires have ways of moving their money to where they want.

Old 03-25-2024, 03:01 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,029,650 times
Quote:
I think he’s going to pay up tomorrow. There are just too many shady characters with a half billion dollars around to pass on the opportunity to buy an American president. Sure, he may lose, but if he wins, you will have purchased America - at a bargain basement price. If the American people are stupid enough to put this cheap con man in charge, then hey - why not?

This for sure

Old 03-25-2024, 03:38 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
We'll see if he shows up tomorrow with a half a billion$ check in hand. Could be a last minute gift (loan/IOU) from Putin or Saudis or whoever.
Quote:
I think he’s going to pay up tomorrow. There are just too many shady characters with a half billion dollars around to pass on the opportunity to buy an American president. Sure, he may lose, but if he wins, you will have purchased America - at a bargain basement price. If the American people are stupid enough to put this cheap con man in charge, then hey - why not?
Exactly.

Nobody on the up and up is going to be backing his play here to the tune of half a billion.

Old 03-25-2024, 04:12 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I don't see any way of Trump not winning, because the more legal jeopardy he's in, the more victimized and beloved he becomes and he leads Biden in all the swing states, and leads overall too - whereas in 2020 Biden had an average RCP lead of 7.2 in November, and that was only enough for Biden to scrape home by less than 1% in swing states.
Biden's SOTU address didn't give him a bump in the polls at all, and all this money he's spending on ads is not helping either, because his ads are all anti-Trump and don't provide solutions to problems.

Among people who already support him. That doesn't result in additional votes.

Old 03-25-2024, 05:13 AM

9,447 posts, read 5,208,974 times
I thought, generally speaking, that judgements were often held in abeyance while appeals were pending. So my question is, how can James seize Trump's assets now? What happens if the judgement is overturned on appeal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies