Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 08:50 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wonder why the secrecy over the type of cancer? One of the common roles of royalty is to be advocates for different causes. I would think raising awareness of a particular type of cancer would be right in line with that.
Yes when it is someone else who has the illness they want to talk about it and raise awareness. When it's them, then it's no one's business. Two high profile royals sick with this possibly fatal disease but no one is to know more than that. That just triggers more speculation, if this is "bad" or not that bad, and a lot of guessing what type of cancer it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 08:51 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Yeah, so what. My nephew just died of cancer. A good friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer. I have numerous friends that have had prostrate cancer. Why is this woman born with silver spoo in mouth more important than millions of cancer patients?
Because she is not a common woman. She is a political and sacral figure. There's thing called royal blood line and she's continuour of one of them. She's, basically a symbol, VERY important to certain people, along with her son. Just watch, how it will develop.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:53 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Sorry she is dealing with it and this affects us how in the US?

Old 03-23-2024, 09:14 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Yeah, so what. My nephew just died of cancer. A good friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer. I have numerous friends that have had prostrate cancer. Why is this woman born with silver spoo in mouth more important than millions of cancer patients?
I am sorry for your loss, and for your friends' illnesses. But to this post, I also could say "Yeah, so what" - but I won't. I, along with many other mature adults, am capable of displaying empathy toward someone we don't know personally. My husband died of pancreatic cancer; that does not mean I cannot be concerned for Princess Catherine, or any other person with a cancer diagnosis.

And who said she's more important than anyone else? She's a public figure; her life will always be a topic of discussion.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:16 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
One of the sad misfortunes of this opium we call the internet, is that it has forced a young woman to do what she would rather not have to do.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 03-23-2024 at 09:34 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 09:25 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I am sorry for your loss, and for your friends' illnesses. But to this post, I also could say "Yeah, so what" - but I won't. I, along with many other mature adults, am capable of displaying empathy toward someone we don't know personally. My husband died of pancreatic cancer; that does not mean I cannot be concerned for Princess Catherine, or any other person with a cancer diagnosis.

And who said she's more important than anyone else? She's a public figure; her life will always be a topic of discussion.
I don't feel any more empathy for her than anybody else who has cancer. But in order to feel specific empathy for a person... It requires me to at least know that the person exists.

I didn't feel empathy for your husband. Nor did I feel empathy for Green Valley's nephew. But I would had have if I had known about them.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:28 AM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

This needs to be removed and put in the gossip forum.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:34 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Sad news for anyone especially a mother. But I really don’t care about the royals they are just fancier Kardashians at this point.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:58 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Who said was more important? She’s a Royal and her following is concerned. Just as some Americans concern themselves with our politicians.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:07 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Yeah, so what. My nephew just died of cancer. A good friend of mine has been diagnosed with cancer. I have numerous friends that have had prostrate cancer. Why is this woman born with silver spoon in mouth more important than millions of cancer patients?

thank you.

Like I had posted elsewhere, while I feel sorry for her as a young mother, she is not the only young mother, there are perhaps hundreds, I feel sorry for them also.

she is called "royal" because that's a title someone gave her, other than that she is flesh and blood just like the rest of us, no different, just titled different.

She should use her platform to help other's with this cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies