Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 08:13 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Our country would look like this.

Those buildings you see in the front?, there are five families living in each, 10 or 15 people sharing a 3-4 bedroom and 2 bathroom dwelling, that tower you see in the distance?, that's where someone like Obama is living, all those flying things you see?, those are surveillance drones keeping tabs on the serfs/peasants to make sure they don't get out of line, that one person you see walking?, the drone used facial recognition to confirm that person is the one that said bad things about the political elite online and that person is now flagged as a trouble maker and he doesn't get to have a airline ticket, his kids doesn't get the scholarship, his bank account is now frozen under the central bank digital dollar system, that other person walking on the other side? he/she is walking (walking because can't afford a electric car) to the courthouse to try and get their child back because the state took their kid away because their kid decided he/she was a trans and the parents didn't play along with the correct pronouns, that's the Dems vision of the future.

Last edited by lionking; 03-23-2024 at 08:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 08:19 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yes, there is an overriding political issue in the United States right now.

It is called the Border Wall to stop illegal immigration from Mexico.

The battle lines are being drawn over that issue.
The Border Wall is hardly an overriding issue.

The majority of Americans are in favor of it.

Joe Biden is building it, albeit reluctantly:
“The border wall — the money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get to them to reappropriate it, to redirect that money. They didn’t. They wouldn’t. And in the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated. I can’t stop that.”

Most democrats, like myself, don't really care one way or the other. Go ahead and build your stupid wall; it doesn't work anyway. It costs a lot of money, but we waste money on a lot of things.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:19 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Those buildings you see in the front?, there are five families living in each, 10 or 15 people sharing a 3-4 bedroom and 2 bathroom dwelling, that tower you see in the distance?, that's where someone like Obama is living, all those flying things you see?, those are surveillance drones keeping tabs on the serfs/peasants to make sure they don't get out of line, that's the Dems vision of the future.
Um, lol no. Those fancy, high-tech houses you see in the foreground are multi-million dollar abodes housing wealthy families, and those drones are Amazon drones delivering their orders.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:21 PM

13,620 posts, read 4,940,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Some places yes but the far-left Democrats real vision is a Elysium where 95% will live like this

with the swamp elite like Biden, Pelosi, Newsom, Schumer Hollywood elite like JJ Abrams Soros (his mansion in pic BTW) McConnell (yes Republicans that are part of the uniparty) living like this
Have you seen Mar-a-Lago? Talk about a swamp creature living in luxury.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:23 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
How come Detroit, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago, etc don't look like that today?
Much of Chicago already looks not too different from that.

But it will get even better. Like this:

Last edited by James Bond 007; 03-23-2024 at 08:33 PM..

Old 03-23-2024, 08:23 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,138,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
It says a lot when your own vice president refuses to support you. I can't stand Pence but at least he drew the line at supporting a proven ********* and sexual predator.
And do you support the current president who molests children?

Old 03-23-2024, 08:31 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
If Biden is a political moderate, I'd hate to see what a left-winger would be like. If he's reelected, the country will continue to deteriorate.
Biden is doing what even moderate Presidents do; playing to the party line. The fact that he's kept a number of Trump's policies in place is the opposite of what a non-moderate would do. Example: the BLOTUS' tariffs on China caused inflation. Yet Biden kept them in place. He would benefit politically by removing them and lowering inflation. Biden also followed the BLOTUS' plan for withdrawal from Afghanistan, which also harmed him politically. Left-wing voices were calling for him to remain, so the US could protect things like women's rights. A left-winger drops the tariffs and stays in Afghanistan.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Um, lol no. Those fancy, high-tech houses you see in the foreground are multi-million dollar abodes housing wealthy families, and those drones are Amazon drones delivering their orders.
lol yeah sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Have you seen Mar-a-Lago? Talk about a swamp creature living in luxury.

The difference is Trump and other rich people like him aren't actively trying to ruin people that are middle class and such, while the Dems are and the rich elite Dems are. Trump isn't forcing anyone to use a electric car, he isn't jacking up energy prices, he isn't forcing Americans to pay for illegal immigrants free food, free housing, free education, free healthcare and so on like the Dems are, Trump isn't releasing criminals into society who are doing rampant theft and violent crime but the Dems are...

I don't care if someone has five mansions and a private jet good for them as long as they protect my right to define FOR MYSELF what success is. I don't want a electric car if I want I want to gas up and drive across the nation in a couple days, not stop for hours just to recharge by battery. I want to eat steak and not tell me I must ration it for the climate while those that are elite telling me to eat steak.

Old 03-23-2024, 08:45 PM

938 posts, read 424,972 times
I didn’t make it much past page three.

Do people really still think their options, concerns, input really matter to the people they vote for?

The hill is so messed up. They make their rules up, often one the go. Many of the rules we as citizens have to abide by but they can violate.

Exempt from the no call list.

Exempt from false advertising.

They no longer are for the people. They have totally flipped that to their advantage.

It will be interesting to see how each side reacts to the outcome of the election.

Just in case. Learn a little bit of prep skills and stock up to last for while. Then sit back and let it play out.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:15 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
So many people get hair on fire about how if the other party candidate wins the presidency it will be the end of America.

And yet it never is.
Ah normalcy bias. Rome never fell so Rome will never fall. But then it fell. Normalcy bias works until it doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies