Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 09:02 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,229,121 times

Advertisements

Small farmers are under attack in the state of Oregon, which has begun shutting down family farms throughout the state en masse under the guise of water conservation and groundwater protection.

“The state of Oregon has effectively shut down small farms and market gardens on a large scale, and they’re actually sending out cease-and-desist letters to farms and they’re using satellite technology to find their victims and send them these letters that say you can’t operate,” the rancher in the video below explains.
https://drleonardcoldwell.com/2024/0...ct-the-people/

https://youtu.be/unOXcKigSuY

The climate crazies are going full fascist in Oregon - and this will most likely spread to other states.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 09:15 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
I’ve said it for years — where you live is crucial.
It’s not like these residents in Leftist States like Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, California ….(to site the worst) have not seen this coming for decades.

They should have escaped while they still could escape.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:29 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
you all need to watch this,

Old 03-23-2024, 09:33 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
One thing I don't get, these authoritarians know that if you push the people so far they will push back, then again the amount who went along with the COVID mandates proves maybe they won't push back, but then again at some point if people are really REALLY pushed like to the point of manufactured food shortage, they WILL push back.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:36 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,099,797 times
This is part of the Great Reset agenda. Same has been happening across Europe and the farmers have been revolting.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:36 PM

19,801 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Small farmers are under attack in the state of Oregon, which has begun shutting down family farms throughout the state en masse under the guise of water conservation and groundwater protection.

“The state of Oregon has effectively shut down small farms and market gardens on a large scale, and they’re actually sending out cease-and-desist letters to farms and they’re using satellite technology to find their victims and send them these letters that say you can’t operate,” the rancher in the video below explains.
https://drleonardcoldwell.com/2024/0...ct-the-people/

https://youtu.be/unOXcKigSuY

The climate crazies are going full fascist in Oregon - and this will most likely spread to other states.

This is the kind of action that tends to create so-called conspiracy theories. It is VERY tempting to think that this might be one more step in "someone's" (meaning some group's) goal to make every single person dependent on government for the ability to even live.

P.S. Has anyone here read Atlas Shrugged? Although I have so far read only about 700 pages of its 1,144-page length and it was published in 1957, I am finding many parallels between the scenario described in that book and what has been going on since about 2009.
Spoiler
Basically, government interfered so much with production that virtually everyone with any ability and/or work ethic walked off the jobs they were working or resigned from the companies they were running, leaving the U.S. in chaos. At least that is what has happened in the book so far. It has many flaws, but I am finding it to be very interesting (and also infuriating for many reasons).

Last edited by katharsis; 03-23-2024 at 10:01 PM..

Old 03-23-2024, 09:49 PM

23,497 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Glad I live in a red state, where leaders here (so far) believe it's okay if we have food to eat.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:54 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,699,244 times
Let me guess: they'll sell the land to China.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:59 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,737,358 times
This has been happening nationwide. I remember over a decade ago reading about small dairy farms in WI being forced out and taken over by huge dairy producers.
From the article:
“Back in January of this year, a lawsuit was filed on behalf of small family farms throughout Oregon, arguing that the definition of a CAFO is too broad and negatively impacts pretty much anyone who produces eggs from backyard chickens, no matter the size of their property.”

“The case was recently covered by National Review, explaining that Oregon’s government “joined forces” with the large-scale dairy industry to oppress and tyrannize Oregon’s small farmers.”

Wonder if the farmers in Europe who revolted actually got any positive result.
Globalist tyranny has no boundaries.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:08 PM

19,801 posts, read 9,345,163 times
I encourage everyone to watch the video in the OP as it contains more info that what is in the article below, but for those who would rather read than watch, here is a link that gives a summary of what is going on.

https://www.opb.org/article/2024/03/...-consequences/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies