Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 12:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 6,991,011 times

Advertisements

I am not a gender studies major so I don't know the implications, but hiring a woman as a CEO almost never works out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 12:08 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Boeing is part of the "inner circle" in DC.
They are, but they pretty much have to be. Capability for the future has to be maintained.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:09 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I am not a gender studies major so I don't know the implications, but hiring a woman as a CEO almost never works out.
You know what's funny.....all my life , I've always been of the mindset that a woman can do pretty much anything a man can do. We are equals. My own wife though, basically thinks as you do. Women shouldn't be CEO's, and she also doesn't like the idea of a woman as POTUS.

Oddly enough, my wife is in a management position, Lol

Old 03-25-2024, 12:10 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
KISS engineering. I don't suppose many of these corporate robot senior managers know anything about what that means.
I worked during LEAN. (Layoff Every American Now)
It was a successful program

Old 03-25-2024, 12:12 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
The problem is not with women or internal/external. The problem is that everyone wants a bean counter/MBA/Finance guy to run these specialized companies. All they no is spreadsheets and hiring consultants/commissioning plans/looking for ways to increase profits. They need to have someone at the top (or someone in the top person's ear) that understands the product, assembly or engineering. They are putting people too high up the food chain who look at things in terms of process as opposed to product.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:13 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
‘A Complete Decapitation’: Three Top-Level Executives at Boeing Resign Amid Safety Concerns Following Alaska Airlines Blowout

Old 03-25-2024, 12:14 PM

Because America now is all about the money...who can amass the most money.
Society is obsessed with money and the government can't create it fast enough.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:18 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
The problem is not with women or internal/external. The problem is that everyone wants a bean counter/MBA/Finance guy to run these specialized companies. All they no is spreadsheets and hiring consultants/commissioning plans/looking for ways to increase profits. They need to have someone at the top (or someone in the top person's ear) that understands the product, assembly or engineering. They are putting people too high up the food chain who look at things in terms of process as opposed to product.
You've nailed it. And this isn't just at the top. It is from the ground up. I've always called it "plug and play people". That is why , for an example, there are so many CAD templates, Excel templates, and check list after check list for things in my industry. Long gone are the times on relying on the person that started out running blue prints, then worked their way up over years to a design or engineering position. Just get degreed people that can follow instructions and plug and play them , however they are needed. Send the work offshore and get it back, run it through the templates and checklists and BAM, you've designed and engineer a part. Lol.

Old 03-25-2024, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You've nailed it. And this isn't just at the top. It is from the ground up. I've always called it "plug and play people". That is why , for an example, there are so many CAD templates, Excel templates, and check list after check list for things in my industry. Long gone are the times on relying on the person that started out running blue prints, then worked their way up over years to a design or engineering position. Just get degreed people that can follow instructions and plug and play them , however they are needed. Send the work offshore and get it back, run it through the templates and checklists and BAM, you've designed and engineer a part. Lol.
We had plenty of them in tech...I called them the "Chart people".

Old 03-25-2024, 12:26 PM

1,307 posts, read 1,664,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
They are putting people too high up the food chain who look at things in terms of process as opposed to product.
That's the magic sentence!

It's happening across all industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies