Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 01:18 PM

10,811 posts, read 4,506,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The border is the biggest disaster of Biden's presidency. How long did it take him to get down there?.............

well he did say in his 12:15ish speech today that he took the train over that bridge many many times.

did the tracks collapse as well?

Old 03-26-2024, 01:35 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
well he did say in his 12:15ish speech today that he took the train over that bridge many many times.

not everyone knows, but there is no train on that bridge.

another xoe biden lie.

Old 03-26-2024, 01:39 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm just wondering. How does he prioritize?
Maybe several reasons. It's geographically convenient, he's from the general area, they're probably more accustomed to providing security there than in East Palestine, and perhaps most of all - it's a Blue state and it's a good chance to attempt to get some of the Black vote back.

Essentially everything the President does, not just Biden, is done for political reasons.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:16 PM

11,402 posts, read 5,960,793 times
I am not going to blame Biden for doing a photo op in an election year. That is standard operating procedure for all politcians in all political parties. I have plenty else to criticize him for.

Why not Ohio train derailment? I don't know. Somebody made a political calculation.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:16 PM

5,134 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post

Top of mind. I thought he was clear.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:19 PM

5,134 posts, read 3,747,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
True, and it probably should. Baltimore is a major port, and the bridge is part of I-695. Just looking at a map, it's an absolute necessary part of the roadways around the Baltimore area. It'll be a high priority rebuild. Some years ago, bridge replacement in Minneapolis was fast-tracked and rebuilt in just over a year. I've no problem with federal fund to rebuild this one. Hopefully the same would happen in a red state under the same scenario.

I believe Biden said that Buttigieg was already on site (sometimes it's hard to understand what he says ....). There's really no need for the president to visit disaster sites other than optics; in reality, he and his entourage just get in the way.
No need for Biden to make the trip if Mayor Pete is on the case. God help us all.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:25 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Thats what i said too. He didn't go to East Palestine, Also Bootygeig got off his butt and actually when there? he never goes anywhere.

The only thing is that Baltimore is a Democrat place and East Palestine was a Republican place, Possible Biden is doing this for votes.

Old 03-26-2024, 02:38 PM

689 posts, read 1,006,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'm just wondering. How does he prioritize?
Well I think this has nothing to do with votes. Any president running as a democrat will win in Maryland by a landslide regardless.

1. The port of Baltimore is a critical piece of infrastructure to the entire country. With the amount of goods imported and exported there worth billions as well as being a major passenger cruise line hub that will be affected.

2. I-695 Baltimore beltway is the only way semi-trucks carrying hazardous material can get around Baltimore in a timely fashion. The I-95 and I-895 tunnels do not allow these trucks to pass through them under the harbor. So this affects all deliveries going up and down the east coast.

3. Ease of traffic, the traffic in and around Baltimore will be severely congested even more now especially during rush hour and summertime travel season.

4. The Baltimore Beltway I-695 is a thoroughfare to I-95. I-95 one of the busiest highways in the country especially in the northeast corridor.

5. Plus as others have said. Baltimore is litterally a 45minute-1hour drive of DC.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 03-26-2024 at 02:47 PM..

Old 03-26-2024, 05:02 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
And OHIO was toxic...
So? There are these things called haz-mat suits. He only needed to be there for a couple of hours. He could have donned one for a few hoursThe people that live there were evacuated for only FOUR days. If it was safe enough for them to go back to their homes it was safe enough for the President to spend a couple of hours there. It was (is) safe enough for the clean up to take place. And if anyone was afraid for him to go within a year's time span it wasn't safe for residents to LIVE there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
While both were disasters, no one died in Ohio. There were actual deaths in the bridge collapse.
And that's how we rate visits from the POTUS? Someone has to die for them to visit? A disaster is a disaster. Deaths don't make it any more or less important.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 03-26-2024, 05:33 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Well I think this has nothing to do with votes.
This. As you've pointed out, the Key Bridge is a critical piece of transportation infrastructure in the Northeast Corridor and Eastern Seaboard.

Biden or anyone else showing up at the scene doesn't diminish East Palestine one whit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies