Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 05:42 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Yes, I am aware. Did you even read my post? Most of us know that the Easter holiday timeframe was chosen to poke christians in the eye, just like many other LGBTQ++++ activities are designed to do, as I mentioned.

I dont personally care that they do it as a blast against christians, but I do call out the lefty lemmings who pretend like that isnt the case, and act faux offended over others calling out their BS on it..

Convince me how 31 March is a significant day to trans people, other than landing a self claimed "day" simply to be near a holy christian event.

I'll listen.
It's Spring. March 31st is always going to be near Easter. No idea why that day was chosen, but you really think it was because it's near Easter? Maybe they picked that day because it's near the equinox and it means rebirth or something to them. Which, ironically, is how the date of Easter is set each year. If you think it was designed to insult Easter, why wouldn't they have picked the Easter date the first time? They, whoever "they" are, planned for this date ten years ago?

Why is it all of a sudden a big deal? I don't think trans people are out to get Christians lol. Some if them ARE Christians.

The guy whose victory over death is celebrated tomorrow said to love your neighbors. That includes the ones we don't like or agree with or who don't dress as we think they should, who are a different religion from us, or see the world differently from the way we do. He was not such a wuss that a calendar date could send him into a teeth-gnashing tailspin, either. He got on a flipping cross and was executed. Perhaps the distress and discomfort some are experiencing over this trivial matter is a sign to turn inward and reflect upon one's faith and self-conduct and whether one actually grasps the meaning of the event to be celebrated tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:06 PM

983 posts, read 514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's Spring. March 31st is always going to be near Easter. No idea why that day was chosen, but you really think it was because it's near Easter? Maybe they picked that day because it's near the equinox and it means rebirth or something to them. Which, ironically, is how the date of Easter is set each year. If you think it was designed to insult Easter, why wouldn't they have picked the Easter date the first time? They, whoever "they" are, planned for this date ten years ago?

Why is it all of a sudden a big deal? I don't think trans people are out to get Christians lol. Some if them ARE Christians.
I see you are simply guessing on the relevance of the 31 March date, mere shots in the dark, as you do not know. And yes, it will always be very near to the holy Easter week. I asked for some real relevance to the day for trans folks. Yes, some trans folks may be christian, but it is also obvious that many LGBTQ+++ types make it a concerted effort to purposely rile up christians. That is simply known, and is not a disputed fact. I am not judging them on this, I am simply stating an obvious fact. So again, to convince me this isnt yet another case of LGBTQ+++ poking a sharp stick at christians, why the specific relevence related to trans folx over 31 March?

Quote:
The guy whose victory over death is celebrated tomorrow said to love your neighbors. That includes the ones we don't like or agree with or who don't dress as we think they should, who are a different religion from us, or see the world differently from the way we do. He was not such a wuss that a calendar date could send him into a teeth-gnashing tailspin, either. He got on a flipping cross and was executed. Perhaps the distress and discomfort some are experiencing over this trivial matter is a sign to turn inward and reflect upon one's faith and self-conduct and whether one actually grasps the meaning of the event to be celebrated tomorrow.
You need to convince the christians, not this happy agnostic.

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; 03-30-2024 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-30-2024, 06:55 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Selecting March 31 as transgender day might appear on the surface to be a coincidence, but whoever set the date had to realize, and could easily verify just by looking at future calendars, that it would occur on Easter.

I don't know which is worse - this or Biden banning religiously themed Easter Eggs. He knows it's one of the major Christian events, so there's no doubt that the Administration's actions were not an accident. Nothing wrong with the Easter Bunny and Easter Eggs, but they are way overshadowed by the resurrection. He should know that as a "good Catholic".

Old 03-30-2024, 06:57 PM

17,369 posts, read 14,613,136 times
The LGBTQ+ community has no less than 40 “awareness” days on their official calendar.

Biden doing this nonsense shows he care nothing about Christians.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:01 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Yes, 15 years ago on the first International Transgender Day of Visibility they set this up to fall on Easter this year in particular for...reasons.

There are transgender Christians. They are not diametrically opposed.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 5 days ago)

792 posts, read 372,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes, 15 years ago on the first International Transgender Day of Visibility they set this up to fall on Easter this year in particular for...reasons.

There are transgender Christians. They are not diametrically opposed.

Love your neighbor as yourself.
So respect their traditions.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:21 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
So respect their traditions.
Ditto.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:38 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I see you are simply guessing on the relevance of the 31 March date, mere shots in the dark, as you do not know. And yes, it will always be very near to the holy Easter week. I asked for some real relevance to the day for trans folks. Yes, some trans folks may be christian, but it is also obvious that many LGBTQ+++ types make it a concerted effort to purposely rile up christians. That is simply known, and is not a disputed fact. I am not judging them on this, I am simply stating an obvious fact. So again, to convince me this isnt yet another case of LGBTQ+++ poking a sharp stick at christians, why the specific relevence related to trans folx over 31 March?
I don't know, and I'm not looking to convince you of anything.

Quote:
You need to convince the christians, not this happy agnostic.
It was a satisfying writing exercise.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know, and I'm not looking to convince you of anything.

And that is OK. You were not the one I had posed the question to initially anyway.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

March 31 is just another day.

So why was it chosen as the Trans Day of Visibility? What was/is special about 31 March that makes it particularly special to LGBTQ++ folx, but especially the "T" folx.

I'm searching and finding a big fat nothing on why that day is special.

This is a real mystery and conundrum.

Please enlighten us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies